Republicans, please explain the Behghazi outrage to me

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
1228_497415436988517_1122983755_n.jpg

:)

I'm sorry republicans are butthurt on the benghazi thing...and no one cares about it.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
4 Americans were killed, obama along with the media blamed it on the video, They attacked the 1st Amendment

They didn't send in any backup but just watched as the Americans were killed, The media ignored the truth to protect obama for the election

Whats not to get outraged about?

By all means, explain yourself.

Apr 27, 2012

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Alright.

obama and the media blamed the video, That video is free speech which is allowed under the 1st Amendment

Here he "attacks" free speech- The future does not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...long-To-Those-Who-Slander-The-Profit-Of-Islam

The filmmaker was arrested and is still in jail

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/27/world/california-anti-islam-filmmaker/index.html

Excuse me but the CIA blamed the media. The CIA has stated this but you are too busy playing ostrich

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
He has been on a serious trolling streak, preferring to derail and troll rather than use his minimal intelligence to debate

LOL .......How do you know that wasn't an actual picture or possibly the way a rationally thinking nonpartisan person would view it as?

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Alright.

obama and the media blamed the video, That video is free speech which is allowed under the 1st Amendment

Here he "attacks" free speech- The future does not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...long-To-Those-Who-Slander-The-Profit-Of-Islam

He's in jail for violating parole. He seems to be some kind of con man and has been convicted of bank fraud.

Has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Alright.

Again, ignoring that your facts are wrong (CIA said it was video), you have no clue about the concept of "free speech". Go back and learn about what it really entails and then you can spout off about it all you like.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Sen. Ron Johnson: Secretary Hillary Clinton, you failed

Benghazi is a failure of leadership — before, during and after the terrorist attack.

During her Senate testimony, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stated that approximately 25 Americans who were on the ground or who witnessed the terrorist attack in Benghazi were immediately evacuated. Secretary Clinton also revealed that neither she, nor her senior people, debriefed or spoke with those people immediately after the attack, or for months afterward, to understand what happened. She stated that she didn't want to be later accused of playing politics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/01/23/benghazi-hearing-hillary-clinton/1860097/

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I hate to burst your bubble but the odds of Johnson winning reelection is going to be slim to none when Feingold runs against him.

You did such a great job with your Walker predictions I can see where I'd give this prediction credence.

BTW grats to the Packers winning the Superbowl! ooops, wait.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Excuse me but the CIA blamed the media. The CIA has stated this but you are too busy playing ostrich

The CIA stated in the public hearings that they knew pretty much immediately it was not caused by the video.

The CIA works for Obama, they are under his Administration.

Fern

Apr 27, 2012
The CIA stated in the public hearings that they knew pretty much immediately it was not caused by the video.

Fern

Owned. Good job Fern! How could anyone believe that it was some some random protest, It was planned and they had wanted to attack the US on 9/11 for a long time

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Fern

Yeah but why should we take a hack like you seriously who (let's make sure you don't forget) said the following in this very thread last October: "The lie is beyond obvious: Everyone knew it was a terrorist attack from the get-go, yet we were fed BS by the Admin" and in response to a report about Feinstein investigating Benghazi, you said "The Senate, controlled by the Dems, doesn't like to be lied to".

Good fail calls.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Yeah but why should we take a hack like you seriously who (let's make sure you don't forget) said the following in this very thread last October: "The lie is beyond obvious: Everyone knew it was a terrorist attack from the get-go, yet we were fed BS by the Admin" and in response to a report about Feinstein investigating Benghazi, you said "The Senate, controlled by the Dems, doesn't like to be lied to".

Good fail calls.

Yeah, and all of that holds true.

The simple fact it that it was known to be a terrorist attack yet the Admin was busy yacking about the damn video for weeks afterwards.

And yeah, it was a circus at the time of the hearings with all kinds of conflicting info, denials about WHO decided to come of with fake talking points Rice tried to use to cover her butt etc. And yeah, I saw Feinstein on TV express her concern about the conflicting info, denials etc and saying she was going to get to the bottom of it etc.

But that's largely water under the bridge now. This admin isn't going to disclose anything. It'll be just like F&F.

Instead, I'm now more interested in two things related to this matter:

1. HRC says 25 Americans were evacuated when the attack started? I never heard of that many Americans being there before.

2. Libyan weapons were apparently used in the Algerian attack and are possibly being used in Mali now too. So now AQ is spreading through the Maghreb? That's not good news, at all.

Fern

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Here is the definitive answer to the OP...

First show of hands, how many of you righties think Republican senators are genuinely interested in getting to the bottom of the Benghazi attacks?

This will give you and the OP the answer. Sen. Ron Johnson who grilled Hilary Clinton yesterday was asked by Sen John Kerry, did you attend the Benghazi briefings? Here is his answer...

NO!

Senator, in all fairness, we do know what happened. I think it is very clear. Were you at the briefing with the tapes?
Johnson: No.
Kerry: Well, there was a briefing with tapes, which we all saw, those of us who went to it, which made it crystal clear. We sat for several hours with our intel folks who described to us precisely what we were seeing. We saw all of the events unfold. We had a very complete and detailed description.

Apr 27, 2012
Here is the definitive answer to the OP...

First show of hands, how many of you righties think Republican senators are genuinely interested in getting to the bottom of the Benghazi attacks?

This will give you and the OP the answer. Sen. Ron Johnson who grilled Hilary Clinton yesterday was asked by Sen John Kerry, did you attend the Benghazi briefings? Here is his answer...

NO!

Love how the shill has to resort to trolling and derailing with BS.

How many of you lefties are genuinely interested in getting to the bottom of the Benghazi attacks?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Love how the shill has to resort to trolling and derailing with BS.

How many of you lefties are genuinely interested in getting to the bottom of the Benghazi attacks?

To answer that question, you must know what is expected of it....

What answer do you seek...

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The government lied, and people died. In the background this is partly due to the CIA providing weapons to the same Terrorists that later killed our state dept people and their guards. This is all a government Cover-Up. It is obstruction of justice.

Apr 27, 2012
The government lied, and people died. In the background this is partly due to the CIA providing weapons to the same Terrorists that later killed our state dept people and their guards. This is all a government Cover-Up. It is obstruction of justice.

This. This is why we should never have helped the rebels/terrorists to fight Ghadaffi

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
:)

I'm sorry republicans are butthurt on the benghazi thing...and no one cares about it.

It's just a "thing"...really? I think plenty of people care about it to include the families of the murdered. It's bigger than party vs. party although that's the theme of this forum regardless of the issue.

Last edited:

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
What answer do you seek...

Better answers than what were provided at the hearings. It wasn't like the embassy was located in Luxembourg. Commons sense did not prevail but negligence did. People on here would rather add fuel to the current partisanship norm which plagues the country. The President and leading members on both sides of the aisle are no better.

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Better answers than what were provided at the hearings. It wasn't like the embassy was located in Luxembourg. Commons sense did not prevail but negligence did. No, I'm not a Republican.

ahh... How can I answer when the question was ended in a presumption?