Republicans in GA cause long voting lines.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Does the GOP really care about making every eligible vote count? They were so anxious to shorten the time to have the runoff election they gave no thought to staffing election workers, especially in the most densely populated counties. They know these counties have the largest minority population so I suspect they were cool with that.

Republicans try every dirty trick in the book in an attempt to shave a few percent off minority turnout.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's weird how people voting abroad in this election get to use ranked choice but people voting in person don't, which would avoid the need for this.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Honestly standardizing voting rules across the country should be priority for democrats. Get rid of the filibuster and immediately pass universal mail in voting for all US states.

Mail in voting is one of those things republicans complain about until they actually use it and then they'll fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'll never stand in line again to vote. It's ridiculous.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Honestly standardizing voting rules across the country should be priority for democrats. Get rid of the filibuster and immediately pass universal mail in voting for all US states.

Mail in voting is one of those things republicans complain about until they actually use it and then they'll fight tooth and nail to keep it. I'll never stand in line again to vote. It's ridiculous.

Sounds good but I think there are some constitutional issues that would prevent such standards.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Possibly article 1 section 4 clause 1.
Might want to try reading the whole thing.

"but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Might want to try reading the whole thing.

"but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

And you might want to try reading what I said. Hint: the key word was, “possibly”.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If they can’t win playing by the rules...change the rules.

It's a feature of the Repub party from back in the day when being a racist, religious fanatic, supremacist and antisemite gave you a winning hand in elections in the south although a lot of rules (laws) needed to be changed in order to take advantage of that. Nixon enshrined that into the party platform and Trump popularized it nation-wide because he likes being that way and realized how millions of other Americans deep inside are like that too.