Republicans in Arizona attempting mass voter fraud with the 2020 ballots.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Step 1 Republicans in Arizona force ANOTHER partially taxpayer paid recount of the 2020 vote
Step 2 Hire a company who are QAnon conspiracy followers.
Step 3 Give them the ORIGINAL ballots.
Step 4 Said group takes ballots into a room with BLUE pens.

The same blue pens which are not allowed by law because any mark could alter the result when rescanned. A lone reporter busted them and they kicked her out of the room.

Put marks on the ballots, change the vote, use the fraudulent updated result as a predicate to push more voter suppression

The story
Sketchy pro-Trump recount off to rocky start in Arizona (msnbc.com)

Why blue and black pens matter
Why Arizona election law is specific on ink color used on ballots (azcentral.com)

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Not to mention failure to secure the ballots. A reporter on a local station here filmed as he walked in an unguarded door, down a hallway, into the room with ballots everywhere. They blurred when they walked into the room as not to capture any personal information. Crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Thump553

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I don't see what's so unfair of the Dems playing by the same rules the Repubs crafted for themselves. The only problem there is a couple of rules the Repubs made for themselves: Firstly, hypocricy isn't an obstacle that gets in their way of having their way and secondly, their party's rank and file have been conditioned to ignore any and all transgressions they commit whether they be ethical, moral, religious and legal.

With those two rules in place they are (in their minds) always in the right no matter how badly/criminally they behave. The only thing holding them back is our laws of the land and they are heavily involved with devising ways to "legally" skirt our laws by violating the intent of them while remaining arguably within such laws in order to tie their indescretions up in court injunctions be damned.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Republicans are trying to overthrow the American Government. This will lead to the conclusion that violence will be required if no other means is found to stop them.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The republican war on democracy continues. And these fools have the gall to act patriotic going about this kind of conspiratorial bullshit. Results were certified people. This sudden allergy to normal oversight means you aren't interested in accountability - you're actively trying to undermine election confidence and stir shit up, just to revive the agitation of the maga crowd and cause strife. This fiction destroys democracy and it can destroy lives. Dangerous stuff.

Magats like these fools work to de-Americanize the country and it's institutions in order to stay in power. I feel there should be a law that strips your right to vote if found guilty of working to deny it for others, of harming the process itself and undermining it's credibility. Or just revoke their citizenship, that works for me too. Fascist states seem more to their liking anyway, plenty of those to choose from. Whatever, there just needs to be teeth against what Team Treason is trying to do. Open to ideas.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I was apparently overly optimistic that once Trump was out of office the national emergency would be over. This turned out to be very wrong. Probably for the foreseeable future we are going to have to fight against a radicalized, fascist minority whose goal is to end democracy in America.

If anyone thinks that’s unfair or alarmist I would be interested to hear their argument as to why.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I was apparently overly optimistic that once Trump was out of office the national emergency would be over. This turned out to be very wrong. Probably for the foreseeable future we are going to have to fight against a radicalized, fascist minority whose goal is to end democracy in America.

If anyone thinks that’s unfair or alarmist I would be interested to hear their argument as to why.

The Republicans have identified the problem, and the problem is ... That people vote against them. Rather than convince them to change their minds through policy or governance, they seek to eliminate dissenting voices at the polls. They really are the party of stupid. Almost every voter they’re seeking to suppress – the young and the urban poor – will eventually overcome the tactics used against them and, once they’ve jumped through all the hoops to get to the voting booth in the future, will almost forever be an enemy of the Republican Party.

Delving a little deeper ... The problem is that they along with the help of right wing media have engaged in a feedback loop that is preventing any possibility of reform. Originally the GOP pushed fear and loathing because it got ratings and amped up the base for the general election. All was good. But as they trained their base to expect fear and loathing, they started losing some of the middle ground, which moved the average party member further to the right. Which meant in order to win the primary they had to run further to the right. Which further cost them middle voters concentrating the fear and loathing even further. Until now ... When no one to the left of a General Ripper, Bull Connor love child can hope to win the nomination, and such a person has no chance in the general. So even if the Republican leadership wanted to deradicalize the party and return to the mainstream there is no way for them to do so. And the obvious solution to that particular problem is to simply make sure that they get control over which votes are counted. It’s central to understanding how an authoritarian movement starts within a democratic system.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

I am pretty sure I and a couple others were saying if Trump was defeated it would be a big battle won, but the war against these fascists has just begun.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Time to let Arizona secede to Mexico. Hasty la vista, baby.

Please. Biden won Arizona. Their GOP is just frantically desperate to maintain their grip on the State, setting the stage for another insurrection four years from now.

Reactions: feralkid

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Judge is intervening.

Except Arizona Governor packed the State Supreme Court, adding seats to fill with his acolytes. You know the same thing GOP is saying is the end of democracy if Democrats do federally.