Republicans, do you realize your party is obsoleting itself?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
If the Republicans can win any demographic by a 60-40 margin then that's because of racial identity politics but if Dems win a racial demographic by 93-6 then it isn't. Right?

Right.

If, in a predominantly muslim country, muslims voted 60-40 for a system of muslim primacy and oppression of non-muslims, do you think non-muslims would also be voting 60-40 for that? Do they have to vote for their oppression 50-50 to be "not racist"? Does 6-93 mean that they're just terribly racist against muslims? I mean, it's not like a non-muslim could possibly have a personal interest in not being oppressed, right? :rolleyes:

Government of muslims, by muslims, and for muslims is the same as the Republican promotion of government of white Christians, by white Christians, and for white Christians. Conservatism is pretty fucking unappealing if you don't belong to the group with the power to pull off being so self-absorbed.

Last edited:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Right.

If, in a predominantly muslim country, muslims voted 60-40 for a system of muslim primacy and oppression of non-muslims, do you think non-muslims would also be voting 60-40 for that? Do they have to vote for their oppression 50-50 to be "not racist"? Does 6-93 mean that they're just terribly racist against muslims? I mean, it's not like a non-muslim could possibly have a personal interest in not being personally oppressed, right?
I see, you've got some proof of oppression then?

"If, in a predominantly white country, whites voted 60-40 for a system of white primacy and oppression of non-whites."

The only reason people may believe this is that Democrat shucksters are telling them this bullshit lie.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I see, you've got some proof of oppression then?

Pick up a history book, and turn on conservative talk and listen to the same self-centeredness there.
Promotion of self by the majority power when the majority power identifies along racial/religious lines will lead to that majority oppressing along racial/religious lines: "I am |right|. If I am right, you must be wrong. If you are wrong, I don't have to listen to you. We of the majority are now not listening to you. Get your own government -- this one's ours. Oh, you're being uppity? Watch what we can do!"

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2001
Nobody's saying that all whites have de-integrated. We liberals haven't, which is why we vote Democrat.
The de-integrated whites vote Republican, as that is the party that promotes White Power. This tends to lead minorities to vote Democratic as well.

Great post.

The GOP has become the party of unassimilated whites. Everyone else in the country votes for non-racial reasons, but unassimilated whites have always been catered to by the GOP with racial identity politics and they expect it to continue. But the GOP must stop racial identity politics and help with the assimilation of Republican white males back into society.

This issue of unassimilated Republican white men is the single most important social issue of our times. Obama needs to fix this.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I don't think I should be obligated to support your claims.

I know you do.

"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." - Sir Joshua Reynolds

Truth is meaningless to you, which is why I don't waste much effort on you conservatards. If it doesn't pad your ego you just have no interest in it. So I just sit here and make fun of you in your inferiority, because it's a waste of my time to try to force something past defenses that you will go through any length to keep up.

http://youtu.be/quz6ndyi6Dw

Last edited:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I know you do.
You mean you know I don't, right?
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." - Sir Joshua Reynolds
You're the one making accusations here bub. Expecting me to research them isn't exactly fair.
Truth is meaningless to you, which is why I don't waste much effort on you conservatards. If it doesn't pad your ego you just have no interest in it. So I just sit here and make fun of you in your inferiority, because it's a waste of my time to try to force something past defenses that you will go through any length to keep up.
If you have some goods then I'd be happy to look at it.
Were you trying to boost my ego with that video?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
You mean you know I don't, right?

No. What you said, written properly, is, "I do think that I am not obligated to support your claims." "I know you don't." would be disagreeing with you.

You're really not very bright, are you?

You're the one making accusations here bub. Expecting me to research them isn't exactly fair.

Asking me to cast pearls before swine isn't fair. You lack intellectual honesty, so you're not worth the work.
You know you're not important, right? Your ignorance doesn't stand as an obstacle to my happiness. I am not obligated to sit here and go to any length to prove things to you. You may think that your only job is to sit there as an incurious filter and that it is the job of everyone smarter than you to try to ram their beliefs through your defenses, but that is not the case.

I can't force you to improve. That would take work on your part. But you are not willing to actually put work into anything but what little it takes to throw up defenses for your conservative identity. So you will never even reach mediocrity. Thus the triage.

http://youtu.be/_EOGLhUVZCo

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
No. What you said, written properly, is, "I do think that I am not obligated to support your claims." "I know you don't." would be disagreeing with you.
I see, you need to change my words. Whatever it takes I guess.
You're really not very bright, are you?
Fuck you.
Asking me to cast pearls before swine isn't fair. You lack intellectual honesty, so you're not worth the work.
Translation: "I'm full of shit and I have no evidence."
You know you're not important, right? Your ignorance doesn't stand as an obstacle to my happiness.
I am ignorant of any evidence to support your claims and I was hoping you'd be able to shed some light.
I am not obligated to sit here and go to any length to prove things to you.
I am not obligated to take any of your assertions as anything other than bullshit either.
You may think that your only job is to sit there as an incurious filter and that it is the job of everyone smarter than you to try to ram their beliefs through your defenses, but that is not the case.
Instead of this tirade you could have at least given me something to work with. You spent more time trying to insult me than it would have taken you to give any examples.
I can't force you to improve. That would take work on your part. But you are not willing to actually put work into anything but what little it takes to throw up defenses for your conservative identity. So you will never even reach mediocrity. Thus the triage.
You did very little in helping me improve, all I got from you was a bald assertion followed by insults.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The main thing making the party obsolete is their stance on social issues like gay marriage. This is what the less informed voter pays the most attention to and there are FAR more uninformed voters than informed because it takes some effort and the willingness to listen to both sides to become informed. As you can see in this forum, that is a pretty rare phenomenon. Most people subscribe to their side and just drink the Kool Aid from then on.

What hurts them most with the informed voter is their unwavering support of big business & "job creators lol", even in the face of those camps' clear lack of interest in the well being of this country.

Apr 27, 2012
Great post.

The GOP has become the party of unassimilated whites. Everyone else in the country votes for non-racial reasons, but unassimilated whites have always been catered to by the GOP with racial identity politics and they expect it to continue. But the GOP must stop racial identity politics and help with the assimilation of Republican white males back into society.

This issue of unassimilated Republican white men is the single most important social issue of our times. Obama needs to fix this.

The issue of 95% black people voting for obama is the single most important social issue of our times. Obama needs to fix this:D

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
The GOP has a demographics problem and a problem with social issues not being the wedges they once were.

They will adapt, just as the party of Barry Goldwater became the party of Pat Robertson and his ilk... it will change back again.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The GOP has a demographics problem and a problem with social issues not being the wedges they once were.

They will adapt, just as the party of Barry Goldwater became the party of Pat Robertson and his ilk... it will change back again.

Maybe as part to immigration reform the GOP will propose importing more angry white guys.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This past election is a clear example of how, when blatantly oppressed through the use of voter disenfranchisement, suppression and disengenuous ploys, folks will rise up and challenge this oppression as Florida voters did. I think it's appropo to declare that the Repubs "have awoken the sleeping giant" by their overt and desperate use of chicanery IRT the most recent elections.

The battle is not one of ensuring the rich have their place at the head of the table. They've insulated themselves well from losing their place. The real battle that's occurring now is how many seats at the table the middle class and the poor can take back that the rich have reserved for themselves through corruption of our government.

Aug 14, 2001
The issue of 95% black people voting for obama is the single most important social issue of our times. Obama needs to fix this:D

Black people don't vote based on racial-gender identity politics. That's republican white men.

Black people voted along with tons of whites, asians, native-americas, and hispanics.

White republicans largely only voted with other whites.

There is a self-segregation among many white republican males and it is a serious social problem.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Black people don't vote based on racial-gender identity politics. That's republican white men.

Still gonna go with that huh? You got thoroughly debunked. It’s one thing to lose a bet on a race, it’s another to lose a bet on the instant replay.

Aug 14, 2001
Still gonna go with that huh? You got thoroughly debunked. It’s one thing to lose a bet on a race, it’s another to lose a bet on the instant replay.

I haven't been debunked at all because I only speak the truth.

The only evidence of any group voting based on racial identity politics is Republican white men.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

The only evidence of any group voting based on racial identity politics is Republican white men.

It's obvious that you have no clue what "racial identity politics" means. It's also obvious that white men weren't only group that voted based on racial identity politics in this past election.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Black people don't vote based on racial-gender identity politics. Noooooooo, only 93% of them did. You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you in the ass.

Aug 14, 2001
It's obvious that you have no clue what "racial identity politics" means. It's also obvious that white men weren't only group that voted based on racial identity politics in this past election.

I know what racial identity politics means and only one party (the GOP) used it and they used it primarily on the white male population.

You can't use racial identity politics if your coalition is all races. Instead, you use a more universal message. This is because if racial identity politics was know to everyone, then it would turn away people who weren't targeted by the racial identity politics. Since Obama's coalition was very diverse, racial identity politics was not used.

However, if your coalition is almost entirely of one race like the GOP, then you've almost certainly used racial identity politics.

Aug 14, 2001
Black people don't vote based on racial-gender identity politics. Noooooooo, only 93% of them did. You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you in the ass.

No. They voted along with whites, hispanics, asians, and native-americans.

But who did Republican white men also vote along with? Almost nobody else. They succumbed to racial identity politics.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
No. They voted along with whites, hispanics, asians, and native-americans.

But who did Republican white men also vote along with? Almost nobody else. They succumbed to racial identity politics.

I see, only Republicans can succumb to racial identity politics. Hack much? And keep ignoring that 93%. It's not like it was a majority or anything.

Aug 14, 2001
I see, only Republicans can succumb to racial identity politics. Hack much? And keep ignoring that 93%. It's not like it was a majority or anything.

No, only Republican white men succumbed to racial identity politics. Other people can succumb to it, but they didn't because only the GOP used racial identity politics to target white voters.

Almost the entire GOP base is white. That's it. That is racial identity politics.