Republicans cheer as GOP candidate says Fauci should be executed by firing squad

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Holy fuck, how far off the deep end have they gone?

The chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party received a loud cheer at a campaign event after calling for Anthony Fauci to be “put in front of a firing squad”.

John Bennett, who is also running for Congress, said Dr Fauci should be tried and executed without offering any explanation what for at a campaign stop ahead of his June primary...

Reactions: Leeea

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The chairman of the Oklahoma Republican Party received a loud cheer at a campaign event after calling for Anthony Fauci to be “put in front of a firing squad”.

John Bennett, who is also running for Congress, said Dr Fauci should be tried and executed without offering any explanation what for at a campaign stop ahead of his June primary...

The number of fellow Americans conservatives want to kill is staggering.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If you were that defective would you want to know it?

Of course we need to outlaw firing squads just to feel safer. The only valid risk meter is how we feel. How do you feel?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But to be frank, how many of us non insane people would also cheer when the orange monkey kicks the bucket?

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
But to be frank, how many of us non insane people would also cheer when the orange monkey kicks the bucket?
I wouldn't cheer, but I wouldn't feel a tiny bit of sadness either. Point is that the party of pro-life is so eager to terminate a human life.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

There are more than a couple of posters over at "the site which shall not be named" who have called for Fauci's death.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I wouldn't cheer, but I wouldn't feel a tiny bit of sadness either. Point is that the party of pro-life is so eager to terminate a human life.

I think that some of their rhetoric makes more sense when you toss in that the stereotypical Republican tends to lean heavily toward "pro personal responsibility" and "pro punishment". The idea is that "pro life" means you cannot terminate a fetus, but "pro personal responsibility" means we shouldn't help you at all, because you shouldn't have gotten pregnant if you couldn't manage it. "Pro punishment" deals with their mentality around prisons, sentencing, etc.

I think the biggest takeaway is that what I wrote above shows a huge lack of empathy and understanding. It shows this slavish devotion to an evangelized American Dream ideal. What wouldn't surprise me is if we looked into these folks past that we would find cases where they received help of some sort when they were in a bind, yet the idea of providing it to someone else is such a huge problem. It'd be interesting to see how many people who'd shout "pull up yer bootstraps!" were also willing to take things like PPP loans.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I wouldn't waste my energy on that ignorant traitorous fuck. Just smile and move on.

Play hardball Dems. All the crazy shit done by Republicans needs to be played back against every Republican running in the mid-terms with the caption. "This is what you get electing Republicans in 2022. Look good to you??"

Make sure you play the Republicans cheering

Run it on a loop especially in purple districts.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That should:

1. disqualify from the office he's running for
2. be a punishable offense.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Republicans are quite likely to win an easy House majority thanks to electoral dynamics and more favorable gerrymanders. The House is going to function so so bad and be full of total nuts that the basics they need to get done (raising debt ceiling, passing budget, etc) probably won't be. Meanwhile the Committee on Hunter's Laptop proceeds and probably most of Biden's cabinet get impeached. We're headed for a massive government breakdown and voters are asleep to basically all of it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think I will. Celebrating someone's death is harsh to start with, but there's also the unfortunate reality that Trump's death won't change much in the near term. He already fostered a wave of "truth never matters" politicians, and his death might earn him martyr status even if it's due to his poor health habits.

These days, at least, my view is that people should lead by example and be better than their opponents. If we think Republicans wanting to execute Fauci are reprehensible, we shouldn't be cheering deaths ourselves.

Reactions: Lezunto

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Since they think the Vaccine is so dangerous, just give him Shot on July 4th and let them revel in his doom.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Republicans are quite likely to win an easy House majority thanks to electoral dynamics and more favorable gerrymanders. The House is going to function so so bad and be full of total nuts that the basics they need to get done (raising debt ceiling, passing budget, etc) probably won't be. Meanwhile the Committee on Hunter's Laptop proceeds and probably most of Biden's cabinet get impeached. We're headed for a massive government breakdown and voters are asleep to basically all of it.
While I don't disagree with basically any of the above, I am somewhat hopeful that Democrats are better able to more broadly advertise just how bad the Fascist party is acting over the next 2 years ~ (while still being checked by a democratic president). Hopefully in time for the subsequent election cycle - to avoid the collapse of American democracy.

Reactions: Muse

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Now to be fair, considering he served in Iraq and Afghanistan, he might actually have experience with extrajudicial killings (and getting away with it.) I seem to remember him making the same comment about Hillary Clinton.

Republicans are really good at calling out treason on days other than January 6.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
While I don't disagree with basically any of the above, I am somewhat hopeful that Democrats are better able to more broadly advertise just how bad the Fascist party is acting over the next 2 years ~ (while still being checked by a democratic president). Hopefully in time for the subsequent election cycle - to avoid the collapse of American democracy.

Republican dysfunction might in part at least do the sales job for the Democrats. Like if the SS checks stop going out people are gonna take notice. Part of the problem with the Ds is the very aged leadership they've got who mostly can't be bothered. One upside of a drubbing later this year is that there will be many retirements and a new generation can start to have more sway. Rebuilding the bench is essential to the party's future.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Poor guy. Fauci and his family have been receiving death threats since early on in the pandemic.

"It was the harassment of my wife, and particularly my children, that upset me more than anything else," Fauci said. "They knew where my kids work, where they live. The threats would come directly to my children’s phones, directly to my children’s homes.

"How the hell did whoever these a------- were get that information? And there was chatter on the internet, people talking to each other, threatening, saying, 'Hey, we got to get rid of this guy. What are we going to do about him? He’s hurting the president’s chances.' You know, that kind of right-wing craziness."

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I was watching the Boston Marathon waiting for my sis-in-law to go by when one guy ran by with a white t-shirt with the phrase "Fauci is the Anti-Christ" written out in black tape. Some people cheered him on :unamused:.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I don't fucking get it. What did he do that was so bad that it warrants execution or makes him the Anti-Christ?

Ugh, don't bother, I didn't pick this week to start sniffing glue, and I wasn't raised on a steady diet of paint chips, so I'm probably not capable of getting it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Republican dysfunction might in part at least do the sales job for the Democrats. Like if the SS checks stop going out people are gonna take notice. Part of the problem with the Ds is the very aged leadership they've got who mostly can't be bothered. One upside of a drubbing later this year is that there will be many retirements and a new generation can start to have more sway. Rebuilding the bench is essential to the party's future.
I appreciate your optimism, but the odds are of there being a democracy in America after 2024 is a coin flip. 50/50 chance there will be no bench for Democrats to build