Republicans are the party of "angry white guys"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
According to Lindsay Graham, Republican senator, so I would assume he knows a duck when he talks about it.

"The demographics race we're losing badly," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told the Washington Post. "We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

http://gawker.com/5939404/sen-lindsey-graham-not-enough-angry-white-guys-to-sustain-gop#13465088247493&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":2223}

That's really sad and telling at the same time. Over time the number of racists will dwindle. This is another group Republicans depend on.

Maybe time for a little self reflection.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Republicans are the party of "angry white guys"

According to Lindsay Graham, Republican senator, so I would assume he knows a duck when he talks about it.

http://gawker.com/5939404/sen-lindsey-graham-not-enough-angry-white-guys-to-sustain-gop#13465088247493&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":2223}

That's really sad and telling at the same time. Over time the number of racists will dwindle. This is another group Republicans depend on.

They don't seem angry at all, they are winning.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Not enough "angry white guys" but angry about what? It seems to be an out of context quote to me?

Oct 16, 1999
Angry about Mexicans working at Disneyworld maybe.

Prior to National Republican Convention we visited Disney for three days. During our time at Epcot we visited the different countries. It was neat seeing each country and the employees were from that individual country. Then we visited America . . . one would think you would find American employees. We were offended to find a person from Mexico working in America. Mark spoke up and told them he was highly offended after visiting the other countries and seeing employees from that country and then come to America and find a Mexican. He was very civil but his point was well made.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...-presence-of-mexican-at-disneys-epcot-center/

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Glad someone in the GOP finally said it. No matter how many white guys they have holding up "Hispanics for Mitt" signs at the convention, that doesn't increase demographic support.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
There will always be an opposition party to the Democrats. This is an eternal truth that will not change, as Ying is to Yang. Let's just hope the current GOP is destroyed and replaced by something that actually resembles small government conservatism.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

"Angry white men" are automatically racists?

It sounds like you're the racist to me.

Maybe you should consider that they're not angry because they hate brown people, but that a certain party does everything in their power to discriminate against white males?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Maybe you should consider that they're not angry because they hate brown people, but that a certain party does everything in their power to discriminate against white males?

Yeah, you didnt know that? I guess you didnt attend public school in Seattle.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

You consider that. I'm going to consider that their pissed off because they're losing their privileged status, and need it to avoid how worthless they feel and how trapped they are with skills that have been rendered useless in a service economy. The pie is shrinking for folk who work with their backs and their manly pride in the usefulness of their physical abilities is gone. This criminal action against them was committed by the 1% but they blame other physically skilled people of color for it. Strong backs are wonderful but they are no good for thinking.

What we need is manufacturing and until we get it, back breaking physical jobs for those who only have those skills, government provided jobs if need be. What folk need some money but at least a modicum of dignity. Angry white men are getting fucked because every physically skilled American is too.

Our masters are clever. They know if they can get labor to hate labor they will win.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Anyone notice that Graham sounds just like Bruce from "Family Guy?"

"Hi, my name is Lindsey, and I'm a repressed, self-loathing homosexual."
"Hi, Lindsey..."

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I just want to point out I too am a very angry angry old white guy, and a large part of my anger is focused at the defective public policy goals of the GOP.---that is flushing the country I love straight down the toilet.There may be a lot of angry white men, but I sure ain't going to be voting GOP.

When I am being raped, I will not vote for my Republican rapist and more of the same.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
The "angry old white guys" of today are the sons of the "happy white guys" of the 50s; and they pine for those good ole days.

The days when white guys had all of the good jobs that were so plentiful. Why, you could get pissed off and leave one one day and have another the next.

The days when women were expected to shut up and do the dishes while men discussed the important issues. And it was easy to pick out gifts for them, a steam iron or vacuum cleaner, maybe some new pot holders.

The days when the darkies knew to keep their place. And they were never a threat to be given that position at work that you coveted.

The days when silly religious beliefs were insulated from science.

Yup! The "angry old white guys" of today really miss the Utopia that their fathers had. And they want it back!

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
The "angry old white guys" of today are the sons of the "happy white guys" of the 50s; and they pine for those good ole days.

The days when white guys had all of the good jobs that were so plentiful. Why, you could get pissed off and leave one one day and have another the next.

The days when women were expected to shut up and do the dishes while men discussed the important issues. And it was easy to pick out gifts for them, a steam iron or vacuum cleaner, maybe some new pot holders.

The days when the darkies knew to keep their place. And they were never a threat to be given that position at work that you coveted.

Yup! The "angry old white guys" of today really miss the Utopia that their fathers had. And they want it back!

Notice how they conveniently ignore the 90% top income tax bracket from their "Golden Age?"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

What part of "another group" did you fail to comprehend??

Apr 27, 2012

When ``darkies`` are being given jobs ONLY for there skin color because of affirmative action then obviously people will be angry because there getting screwed