Republicans 100% correct . . .

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
That's ok, according to the Democrats here, voter fraud isn't a big deal because it's very rare. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to tell you this, they did in every thread exposing Democrat voter fraud.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: JD50
That's ok, according to the Democrats here, voter fraud isn't a big deal because it's very rare. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to tell you this, they did in every thread exposing Democrat voter fraud.

there was yet to be thread about democratic registration fraud, however there are some about ACORN. While acorn made up the names of people who would have never voted, this group ,which is apparently in the pay of the RNC, trashed legit voters, which is clearly a much worse offense.

The private sector and political parties need to be taken out of the business of registering voters.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

there was yet to be thread about democratic registration fraud, however there are some about ACORN. While acorn made up the names of people who would have never voted, this group ,which is apparently in the pay of the RNC, trashed legit voters, which is clearly a much worse offense.

The private sector and political parties need to be taken out of the business of registering voters.

ACORN didn't make up names. A few of the homeless and poor people they hire made up names, and ACORN flagged them as probably fakes, and submitted them like they are required by law to do.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
And every Republican will be in here telling you the exact same thing. Contrast that with their attack(s) on ACORN. Rinse. Repeat.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
It's funny because what ACORN did was never going to register as actual votes on election day, they were merely required to report all phony registrations they received (instead of just tossing them out themselves). In cases like this you are actually altering the election because these Democrats will show up on election day and be denied the right to vote.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
And every Republican will be in here telling you the exact same thing. Contrast that with their attack(s) on ACORN. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm sorry but I'm drawing a blank here, which party is it that is FOR photo ID verification at the polls?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Which I'm sure will be equally matched by the indifference from the Republicans about the idea of voter fraud, just as THEY do every time it's the Republicans looking guilty.

Personally I think these "voter fraud" stories are mostly political BS. People might do shady things, or things that LOOK like shady things, but virtually every single discussion of the topic tries to make it into some large scale conspiracy, and so far NOBODY has shown that one of those exists.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

I'm sorry but I'm drawing a blank here, which party is it that is FOR photo ID verification at the polls?

This, just like the ACORN threads, isn't about voter fraud, it's about voter registration fraud. Which, I'm surprised I need to point out, your "solution" does nothing to fix.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

The same party that has so far displayed a completely mindboggling inability to understand why someone might oppose ID requirements as given by the Republicans?

Besides, when we're talking about voter fraud, voter ID doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the problem, it was introduced to make political hay, nothing more. As long as we have questionable vote counting methods, crappy ballots and incredibly unreliable voting machines, trying to attack voter fraud one ID at a time seems moronic.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

Time and time again this has been explained. I will do it again.
Voter FRAUD is when someone votes fraudelently.
Voter REGISTRATION FRAUD is when someone fraudently interferes with the registration process.

While the OP's thread title refers to voter fraud, both links are to voter registration fraud.
Turns out that not many people are stupid enough to knowingly commit voter fraud and face the possibility of jail. Especially when one single vote has never decided any national election. Voter fraud on an individual basis is so insignificant that it has never had an effect on any election.

Voter fraud committed by those organizing or overseeing elections has occurred. Though it too has become very limited as parties are watching each other closely.

Lastly there is VOTER SUPPRESSION. This IS a problem. Its when you attempt to keep voters you think would mostly vote against you from voting.
An example would be Florida's purging of voter lists using the strictest standard possible and then continuing with the purge after being informed many people were wrongly having their voting rights denied. It has also happened in Ohio where in some areas, predominately Democratic, in 2004 voting places did not have enough machines, or materials to prevent waits that were discouraging voters.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
ACORN NEVER actually registers anyone, that is a function of the State's Government.

What ACORN does is canvas people, and have then fill out registration forms.
Those forms are REQUIRED BY LAW to be turned in to the State Registar of Voters
for confirmation,
and if they are found to be authentic and valid the State will issue a Voter Registration Card
with the voters primary identification information on it to that registration holder.

ACORN is required to review the preliminary registration application for completeness
and attempt
to ensute the applications are complete and correct, as much as they can in their field offices,
and them turn in ALL of the forms to the State Officials, with a cover letter for any and all that are suspect.

You can't trash them, ignore them, or attempt to hide them away if they are erroneous.

Oh, by the way - I couldn't vote in the Louisiana Primary last month . . . because when I moved from Slidell to Metarie
The Louisiana Department of Transportation 'FORGOT' to sent my Voter Registration and change of adddress in.
I had to go down in person to the State Registration Branch Office, and re-file my application.
First time since 1964 when I turned 21 (Voting age in California at the time) that I could not vote in an election wwhere I lived.

California
Florida
Missouri
Texas

Louisiana was the hardest place I ever have seen to get registered to vote.
ORIGINAL Birth Cetrificate, Drivers Licensce, Proof of residency at address,
Social Security Card, and I even had to show my NASA Badge cleared by
the Department of Homeland Security.

Cute, Huh ? And I Registered as a REPUBLICAN !

Re-Read the California story. The Perp had ILLEGALLY registered at an address he did not live at -
in order to illegally perform GOP registration functions in the state of California.
As I recall, he was also registered to vote under the same name in another state at the same time.
He could 'early vote' in either one of the State elections, which is Voter Fraud on his part.
Watch how this plays out over the next month or so.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Requiring picture IDs will not do anything to solve the problem of GOP operatives posing as independent registrars, and then destroying Democratic registration applications, as they have done. Unfortunately this problem doesn't come to light until the person tries to vote, and then it is frequently too late to register in most states-a requirement imposed supposedly to prevent fraud.

Photo IDs are fine, if they are furnished to all voters (who don't have drivers licenses) for free at the time of registration. There are a lot of elderly people, and city people, and poor people who don't have licenses. I just saw Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on TV and he cited statistics indicating 1/5 of blacks don't have a drivers license.

Requiring picture IDs don't solve the problem of states requiring "perfect matches"-exact correspondence between your drivers license, SS records and voter registration required. For example, if your drivers license says John F. Doe and you register to vote as John Frank Doe, invalid registration. Ditto for people who marry and change their names.

Contrary to the popular myth spread by the GOP and Fox News, a far bigger problem than invalid duplicate voters voting is the purging and blocking of thousands of valid voters for specious reasons.

For info on how to stop this more nefarious election rigging, see Steal Back Your Vote .

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

No difference between destroying legitimate voter registrations and handing in some questionable ones?? Fraud at the voter booth is rare, people getting screwed out of their right to vote is not.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: winnar111
This is precisely why we need photo ID verification of all electoral activities.

you mean it isn't already?

I think all i need to do to vote is to show my id when i show up at the polls.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
This is precisely why we need photo ID verification of all electoral activities.

I'm a Democrat who agrees with this...at least in principle.

I realize there are some people, especially in the South (neegros) who, for what ever reason, can't provide the necessary proof of identity to get valid identification cards, even if they were provided at no cost to them.
Disenfranchising them because of that lack of ID is still wrong. EVERY American citizen has the right to vote. There needs to ve some kind of provision made to ensure these people can cast their votes.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: BoomerD

I'm a Democrat who agrees with this...at least in principle.

I realize there are some people, especially in the South (neegros) who, for what ever reason, can't provide the necessary proof of identity to get valid identification cards, even if they were provided at no cost to them.
Disenfranchising them because of that lack of ID is still wrong. EVERY American citizen has the right to vote. There needs to be some kind of provision made to ensure these people can cast their votes.
If they can provide proof that they are eligible to vote, then hand then a photo ID card from the State, if they do not have a legitimate ID.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
African-Americans make up the largest and oldest single ethnic group in the USA...they SHOULD have the right to vote...after all, we drug their ancestors here in chains...

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Disenfranchising them because of that lack of ID is still wrong.
I have never bought into this argument...functioning in our society requires that an individual be able to provide some documentation that proves their existance...yet we have a problem with protecting the integrity of our very political foundation?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
They just don't like to admit

That they are the ones who are doing it!

This is just ONE case that has surfaced in the last couple days, there is another one that will be coming out fairly soon.

Democrat Registratio0n Forms TRASHED by GOP operatives

Quite a history of this practice by the Republican Machine.

Nice try but that looks to be nothing more than a stunt by a *gasp* democrat official trying to take the focus off ACORN. From accounts I've read, the kid really does live there when he's not traveling and uses that address for his other bills/mailings. But you libs keep trying to dig something up to divert the focus from the massive fraud ACORN is committing...

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: BoomerD
African-Americans make up the largest and oldest single ethnic group in the USA...they SHOULD have the right to vote...after all, we drug their ancestors here in chains...
WTF...who's saying they don't have the right to vote? :roll: