Republican or Democrat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: BoomerD
I've been a Democrat for over 35 years. I've NEVER voted for a republican candidate.
What pisses me off is that the ultra-liberals have taken over the fucking party. I'm just a bit left of most mainstream repubs, but being union almost all my life, I could never vote for the party that wanted to hurt my ability to earn.

Democrat I am, liberal I ain't.

I think you might need to consider why the Republicans are the anti-Union party, because the answer shows you other things you have in common with its agenda.

What specific "ultra-liberal" policies have you seen the Democratic Party pursue that you disagree with? Not generlizations based on a Republican caricature, but actual specifics.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: ironwing
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: StarsFan4Life
I see that these forums tend to be more Democratic, but I really wanted to see. Please vote as I am doing this for a project. Thanks in advance!

I have not voted but I can pretty much say with certainty that most of the people you think(correctly) are "democrats" will choose "Independent" in your poll. They think they are the "middle" and "open minded" so they should be considered "Independent" but in reality they are liberals who side with the Democrats on almost everything.

Not true. I'm to the left of the Democratic Party which is a center-right party.

Thus I stated "most". You happen to fall way to the left so that doesn't work anyway since you wouldn't call yourself "Independent" then.

Why not?

My point is how do you define "Independent" politically?

Don't mind CAD. He'd be lost without being able to pigeon hole everyone else to HIS satisfaction.