Republican Leading in Poll on all major issue

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No, it shows a lot of people pick a bad group if the bad group stays very quiet about its own policies, and the people have short memories.

Recent polls I've seen have put the Republicans in Congress ranked even lower in approval than the Democrats.

This is voters who foolishly express dissatisfaction by voting in worse.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
The tidal wave of We The People is coming. You can feel it. You can sense the motivation. The time is almost here. The day we take our country back and stop Obama. It's almost here. Ready yourself patriots.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Ready for what? Are you a tea-partier or something?

Ready for the election. Talk to family members and friends. Make sure they are registered to vote and get excited about stopping what Obama is doing. Reach out to complete strangers who may be bitching about the economy and reminding them "make sure you're registered to vote, with our vote we CAN stop Obama".

Donate to any candidate who can defeat the most dangerous liberals even if they are not in your state or district, etc. Volunteer for your local senate ahd house reps. Go door to door and inform neighbors about the candidates and why Obama MUST be stopped.

Keep the motivation and tidal wave coming. That's what I mean by ready yourself patriots, do your duty to stop this administration, it's our only hope as a nation which lies in the balance on November 2, 2010.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
The 2010 election will be about one thing, and one thing only: The current state of the economy. Only the omniscient right-wing trolls on these forums "know" that Obama is responsible for the economic mess we're in. Only the omniscient right-wing trolls "know" that we would currently be experiencing 5% GDP growth and 4% unemployment if only the policies they advocate had instead been followed.

It's a shame we don't have parallel universes to provide blowhard righties with the opportunity to prove the worthlessness of their economic theories.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
In economy, terrorism, illegal immigration, deficit, ... Republic is leading as much as 10 points in poll, New CNN data found:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/07/pol.economy.poll.hfr/index.html?hpt=T2

a set of data that clearly shows voters want to bring back Republican domestic and foreign policies.

Not really. I'd like to believe the Repubs have learned their lesson that 'bringing home the bacon' and spending our money like drunken sailor Democrats leads to defeat, but I'm afraid I'm not buying that just yet.

I'm looking at this election as nothing more than an opportunity to create complete and total gridlock...to effectively stop Obama's agenda. I am NOT hopeful that these fvcks will figure out how to work together and solve the real problems we have. So my view is that if they can't work together, then they should get nothing done...bullish for the stock market and for everyone else if they fight among themselves. Because complete Dem control or complete Repub control ends up being a complete disaster for the country. Divided govt for the win.

No I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm dead serious about wanting divided govt.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
The 2010 election will be about one thing, and one thing only: The current state of the economy. Only the omniscient right-wing trolls on these forums "know" that Obama is responsible for the economic mess we're in. Only the omniscient right-wing trolls "know" that we would currently be experiencing 5% GDP growth and 4% unemployment if only the policies they advocate had instead been followed.

It's a shame we don't have parallel universes to provide blowhard righties with the opportunity to prove the worthlessness of their economic theories.

Why so mad?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
In economy, terrorism, illegal immigration, deficit, ... Republic is leading as much as 10 points in poll, New CNN data found:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/07/pol.economy.poll.hfr/index.html?hpt=T2

a set of data that clearly shows voters want to bring back Republican domestic and foreign policies.

Which led us to our current mess to begin with. But hey, if the populace wants to sit in its own sh!t for a few more years than it needs to, who's to stop it?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Ready for the election. Talk to family members and friends. Make sure they are registered to vote and get excited about stopping what Obama is doing. Reach out to complete strangers who may be bitching about the economy and reminding them "make sure you're registered to vote, with our vote we CAN stop Obama".

Donate to any candidate who can defeat the most dangerous liberals even if they are not in your state or district, etc. Volunteer for your local senate ahd house reps. Go door to door and inform neighbors about the candidates and why Obama MUST be stopped.

Keep the motivation and tidal wave coming. That's what I mean by ready yourself patriots, do your duty to stop this administration, it's our only hope as a nation which lies in the balance on November 2, 2010.

I am only saying this because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I am only saying this because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

What's funny is you guys think I'm nutty but I can guarantee I'm more politically active and donate more than anybody on this forum. I am the one making sure my views are reflected in local, state and federal government. I'll be personally stumping door to door for Rand Paul who is also enjoying a very comfortable lead, may even volunteer to do telephone calls. This coming election is absolutely critical to the American way of life and her pursuit of American greatness.

And I am the majority of this nation. It's coming. November is coming. It's almost here.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
What's funny is you guys think I'm nutty but I can guarantee I'm more politically active and donate more than anybody on this forum. I am the one making sure my views are reflected in local, state and federal government. I'll be personally stumping door to door for Rand Paul who is also enjoying a very comfortable lead, may even volunteer to do telephone calls. This coming election is absolutely critical to the American way of life and her pursuit of American greatness.

And I am the majority of this nation. It's coming. November is coming. It's almost here.

I guess we'll see the reflection of your views this coming election and judge you based on the results.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I think he's finally figured out that the stimulus package didn't work and he needs a dog to kick.

Nobody is going to fix the economy with a stimulus package, not Obama nor any Republican. The sooner you realize that this country is in for a decade long recession like Japan, the better.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ross Perot should run again. If people were pissed off at the establishment in the early 90's this is downright ridiculous.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

But the thing is that everything you've ever posted shows that you hate the American way of life and want some form of crazy theological oligarchy run by corporations that have the best interest of only the rich at heart. You've never made a lick of sense in any single post you've made. Hell just a few weeks ago you were trying to convince people of the benefits of using illicit pictures of an ex to extort sex. You have no concept of what the American way of life is or should be. You're pretty much the most horrible human being I'm aware of to exist, though there's a chance a serial murderer/rapist could exist that's worse than you.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

You are probably one of the nutjob repubs or libertarians who voted W in twice and were against more regulation of the banking industry like W's administration as well as the Democrats who may as well been Republicans. It won't matter who's elected now, this country was fcked way before the Dems were voted into anything. The "majority of this nation" will be enjoying double digit recession for the next decade thanks to nutjob repubs (and 2006+ Democratic Congress) such as yourself who pandered to the banking industry. If this doesn't describe you, then my apologies but you seem as stupid as the Obamabots who wouldn't shut about "change". It will take decades before this economy is back to normal and it may never even happen like Japan. Get off your "November is almost here" soapbox and realize that it doesn't matter in the end.

There is no quick fix to this economy and what really needs to happen is a change in the length of term of Congress because atm politicians are analogous to executives who only care about this quarter's profit margin (short term vs long term). Republican or Democrat, we are fcked until the system (not the people) changes.

Last edited:

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
The tidal wave of We The People is coming. You can feel it. You can sense the motivation. The time is almost here. The day we take our country back and stop Obama. It's almost here. Ready yourself patriots.

of course this poll favors Republicans immensely, showing that they have an excellent chance of getting majority in both Senate and House this coming November. And considering the low approval rating of Obama right now, it's even conceivable that Republicans can take the presidency as well in 2012, thus having complete control of all three policy making branches as in Bush years.

Now, the obvious question, besides the rhetoric and sound bites like "The tidal wave of We The People is coming ... " What can we (the people) expect from you (Republicans) now that near total power of the government will be in your hands shortly.

What type of policies will you implement to get this country out of the current mess? What are your plans for the future of our economy? Middle east wars? Education? Health care? Social Security etc etc. What are your plans for this country? "stop Obama" is not a plan or policy for governing. Please elaborate ...

Last edited:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Republicans are doing well in polls because trolling works

In case you haven't been paying attention, almost everything congress and the white house does are going directly against the will of The People. THAT is why people are so pissed off.

Why are democrats abandoning Obama in their election campaigns? Because he's the kiss of death and all an opponent needs to do is say "he sided with Obama on just about everything" and they'll be defeated.

I don't think you realize just how much hatred and anger there is against congress and the white house. Those are very motivational emotions. They force one to act, like making sure they make it to the voting booth.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Spidey is right on. I'm doing the same, getting active, volunteering and donating. This is the time where we can create gridlock and stop the radical shift to the left. Time for the dems to pay the piper for pushing policies the public doesn't want.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Republicans are doing well in polls because trolling works

Nope, if Republicans come back in power, it will have very little to do with the differences between the parties. Most of the times elections are a vote on the state of the economy. The presidential incumbent party loses when the economy is bad. Incumbents win when the economy is good. It's not about ideas. Obama won in the first place because the economy was bad.

Another factor is that whenever a party is in total control they go extreme and piss people off.

Partisans on both sides of this debate are both pathetic. Republican hacks think that somehow they're worldview will be approved. Democratic partisans will blame dirty politics by Republicans. They're all missing the point.