Republican gunning for Ilhan Omar's seat charged with felony shoplifting

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
What mistake was that? We are strong because of our diversity of opinions!!
Diversity is fine, but a congressperson is elected to represent the entire population of her district, not just defend the interests of a particular group and unproductively attack others. I could accept "controversial" comments, but beyond that I have not heard her propose one single positive initiative.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You really didn't answer his question... You are a little confused who is doing the attacking in this country right now. Hint: It's not any of these 4 women...

Next...

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
You really didn't answer his question... You are a little confused who is doing the attacking in this country right now. Hint: It's not any of these 4 women...

Next...
And you didnt cite any positive initiatives either. Her comments are well known; I dont need to restate them. The 911 comment may have been taken out of context, but her comment about the "greenbacks" is offensive no matter the context. And I dont necessarily have to approve of someone just because someone else is attacking them. Trump is batshit crazy, but that does not change what Omar has said or failed to do.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
And you didnt cite any positive initiatives either. Her comments are well known; I dont need to restate them. The 911 comment may have been taken out of context, but her comment about the "greenbacks" is offensive no matter the context. And I dont necessarily have to approve of someone just because someone else is attacking them. Trump is batshit crazy, but that does not change what Omar has said or failed to do.
*yawn*……..what exactly has Omar failed to do in your esteemed opinion?

Reactions: umbrella39

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Push up bras are expensive too.

Believe it or not, Carhartt stuff is very popular to shoplift and a lot of women get busted helping men steal it. Make up, clothing and shoes are popular with young girls and women. Kids toys, especially the expensive stuff, is also popular. I'll ask my wife and daughter later about what's really popular to steal. Mother and daughter teams are often busted, sad to say.

My wife likes it when the two cart teams go to work (one is to distract security and leave the cart in the store while the other scoots with their cart) because it almost always means a $100 payout for her.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Well she has T&A so could be the next head of the State Department. She did draw applause from her half dozen supporters so there's that.
I hear Coats is leaving, if ratcliffe doesn't workout she be a good acting intelligence head.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
She is most likely done.

The sad part is that you had to couch your response with "most likely", meaning that there's still a chance for her. The conservative of today isn't too discerning about who they vote for because they've been taught to reflexively vote for the Republican in any race. I think you could put any name with an R next to it and they would pull the lever for them.

No thought about it is necessary on their part because the Republican party has assured them that they've done all of the thinking for them.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The sad part is that you had to couch your response with "most likely", meaning that there's still a chance for her. The conservative of today isn't too discerning about who they vote for because they've been taught to reflexively vote for the Republican in any race. I think you could put any name with an R next to it and they would pull the lever for them.

No thought about it is necessary on their part because the Republican party has assured them that they've done all of the thinking for them.
they'd probably vote for Boris Badenov as long as there is a R by his name. or even Snidely Whiplash.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
they'd probably vote for Boris Badenov as long as there is a R by his name. or even Snidely Whiplash.

I think you could put "Potato" and the only pause they would have before voting for one would be, "I wonder why he doesn't have his first name listed?"

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Chromagnus

Feb 28, 2017
Knowing Trump's base what makes you think so?

Trump's base isn't anywhere near Omar's district. Even a legitimate R candidate would have an extremely hard time beating her. The district hasn't gone to a republican since 1963. The only way she'd lose is in a primary and she hasn't done anything to upset her voting base in MN enough to get primaried.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Until she removes herself from the running or is convicted there is always a chance. Sorry the facts bother you.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Sorry the facts bother you.

Where did I say it bothered me? All I said was that it's sad that conservatives are this way. Please, do something about your reading comprehension. This isn't the first time you've misinterpreted what someone is saying.

I'm sorry you couldn't understand what I was saying.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That is why god made earplugs.

...this topic is silly, so whatever, I'll be frank:

what I mean is that there would be no problem with the hard-on....that's just a personal thing. The problem, honestly would be climaxing. It would never happen for me. It would be a chore at some point. A fun chore I guess, but I've been there. It's a fucking chore anyway you look at it with that situation.

It just wouldn't happen for me (experience). Go and go and go and I would get angry for being bored and she would be, 1 hour later...annoyed for the chafing, over her climaxes and what not, and you know, I'm just bored. (I'm told Yay! great I'm fine! that's good and all, hurrah and stuff, seriously) but eventually I just have to stop out of politeness.

seriously, lol. That's actually what I meant.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Where did I say it bothered me? All I said was that it's sad that conservatives are this way. Please, do something about your reading comprehension. This isn't the first time you've misinterpreted what someone is saying.

I'm sorry you couldn't understand what I was saying.

I understood exactly what you were saying in your condescending comment.

" The sad part is that you had to couch your response with "most likely", meaning that there's still a chance for her. "

There is no Conservatives or Liberals involved with the comment I made about she is most likely done. Yes there is a chance regardless of how slim, if she is able to stay in the race or is not convicted.

Unfortunate that you have to base everything you post about conservative or liberals etc. That is what is sad.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
That is what is sad.

I knew that you had to come back and show just how dense you are and sure enough, you didn't let me down. What's fucking sad is that you pull this both sides crap out of your ass in deflection when it's one side that's the fucking problem, the one you're invariably defending (as in this case). And as far as seeing everything as liberal and conservative, it's fucking easy when the liberals are compassionate and make sense and the conservatives are cruel and fucking insane. Next time I make a simple observation of something that you said I'll be careful not to respond when you start pulling shit out of your ass and thinking it makes you look smart.

Fuck you are stupid.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I knew you would respond with a smart remark, insults and name calling.
I don't know what this " Both Sides Crap" you are talking about.

I guess when you resort to childish name calling you have nothing.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I'm positive she will get a majority Republican vote. Remember Republicans prefer a child molester over a Democrat.

How about the Montana guy who beat up a reporter the day before the election or something. When you think they can't go lower, they break out the shovel.