Republican governors elected in 2009 or later.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Haven't they all raised taxes and spending?

S Walker has raised spending quite a bit. I believe Nikki Haley has also and I know Bob McDonnell did. I'm not sure that Rob McDonnell has raised spending astronomically, but he hasn't decreased it and he has raised new revenues at least once since he took office.

If I'm not mistaken, the only State that has balanced its budget without cheating (cheating in this case is having a state bank) is MT and the head of Montana is a Democrat. The Republicans aren't even the most anti-gun control since VT and MT have the least restrictive gun laws. VT is headed by a Democrat also.

If Republicans are more liberal on economic issues (IP/CISPA, gun control, and taxes/spending) than Democrats, then there is something wrong.

Last edited:

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
i know my state does not exist to most people, but there is a reason it tops the "best run states" lists. also, low taxes, and little gun control. headed by real conservatives for many, many years.

ever here of big, wonderful Wyoming?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
i know my state does not exist to most people, but there is a reason it tops the "best run states" lists. also, low taxes, and little gun control. headed by real conservatives for many, many years.

You realize that 56% of Wyoming's territory is controlled by the state or federal government, right? It also has 3rd smallest economy.

I'm happy that you enjoy the quality of governance in your state, but it is hard to compare it with other states that dwarf it in population and economic size.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Most of the republicans aren't real conservatives, most of them are just neo-cons and progressives

Which is why Newt Gingrich a man who cheated on his first 2 wives and asked for an open marriage can get a way with being part of it. Nothing conservative about his actions.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
You realize that 56% of Wyoming's territory is controlled by the state or federal government, right? It also has 3rd smallest economy.

I'm happy that you enjoy the quality of governance in your state, but it is hard to compare it with other states that dwarf it in population and economic size.

yes i do. we are also the one of the largest energy producers in the WORLD.

we are #8 by percent owned by the feds, and #4 in total % public land.

every time wyoming is looked at, everyone says it can't count for anything, or be included in anything... like it said, the state that does not exist to most people.

it also dis-proves the point of the OP.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

Do you realize that my State of California is well over 50% government owned and controlled lands ? That the Democrat controlled legislature and now Governorship has totally fucked my State over and have us spiraling into bankruptcy?

Apr 27, 2012
Do you realize that my State of California is well over 50% government owned and controlled lands ? That the Democrat controlled legislature and now Governorship has totally fucked my State over and have us spiraling into bankruptcy?

What else would you expect when liberals are in charge?

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005

are you saying that the proportion of public land is to blame?

yes, CA has more % of public land than wyoming... I don't understand why that matters as far as democrats and bankruptcy. seems like public land would be good for the people and the government.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

yes, CA has more % of public land than wyoming... I don't understand why that matters as far as democrats and bankruptcy. seems like public land would be good for the people and the government.

He's just whining because the last Republican governor here dicked around and got nothing done.
Oh and they were floating plans to try and sell off a bunch of the profitable state owned parks and lands.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

Only if it gets used for mining, logging, tourism or some other productive and economically useful activity.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
He's just whining because the last Republican governor here dicked around and got nothing done.
Oh and they were floating plans to try and sell off a bunch of the profitable state owned parks and lands.

Yeah, I'm protecting the legacy of Arnie and the senate and the house here in Calif. On this issue you're a fucking idiot.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
California, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, and Michigan care just a few of the truly blue states that are failed states. I guess they ran out of other people's money.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
California, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, and Michigan care just a few of the truly blue states that are failed states. I guess they ran out of other people's money.

It helps when people have the freedom to leave. Money has wings and takes flight.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Failed states? Yet, MA has the 15th lowest unemployment rate in the country even better than TX. And if you compare budget deficits, it's not even close. TX = failed state based on your observation

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Tennessee is working to cut sales tax on food purchases. The republican governor is also restoring funding to some programs that were cut the last two years.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Wyoming benefits from enormous energy wealth and the taxes that flow from it. It is pretty easy to balance a budget during a boom. That said, at one time I worked for Wyoming state government and the state does run a lean, mean government. "Here is your program, run it. If it don't work, tell us how to fix it. If you don't work, hit the road." Minimal bureaucratic nonsense, they just let me do my job. It was very refreshing.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
New Calif. Law Would Ban Texting While Biking; What’s Next?

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — It could soon be illegal to ride a bicycle and text if a California lawmaker gets his way.

Sen. Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto), who authored the 2008 California law mandating the use of hands-free technology while driving, has proposed extending that law to bicyclists.

Senate Bill 1475 would ban bicyclists from texting or talking without a headset.

Bicyclists would be fined $20 for their first offense and $50 thereafter with no additional fees.

The new bill was originally part of the 2008 driving ordinance, however the bicycle portion was omitted from the final law.

It is supported by the California Bicycle Coalition.

The bill is currently working its way through the state senate. Sen. Simitian hopes to make it law by the end of 2012.

This is pretty much the typical California legislative bullshit we have to deal with. As if this is a real problem in the State.