Republican Fundraiser Savagely Beaten, MSM Slumbers

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
At around 10:45 p.m. on April 9th, 25 year old Allee Bautsch, chief fundraiser for Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, and her boyfriend, 28 year old Joe Brown, were brutally beaten.

The assault took place in the 600 block of St. Louis Street after the couple left a fund-raising event for Governor Jindal at Brennan’s Restaurant at 417 Royal St. in New Orleans. The 600 block of St. Louis Street, where the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel and Louisiana Supreme Court are located, is less than two blocks from Brennan's. The fundraiser was held in concert with the Southern Republican Leadership Conference being held in New Orleans at that time.

Photo of Bautsch at the SRLC dinner that evening -

bautsch-dinner1-e1271249172997.jpg

Based on statements made by Brown, the pair were verbally attacked by a group of five Caucasian males upon leaving Brennan’s Restaurant. He identified them as being part of a group of protesters demonstrating outside Brennan’s.

Statements from Brown indicate that the verbal assault was political in nature and specifically accused the pair of being Sarah Palin supporters. The couple realized they were being stalked after being berated for their political affiliations and support of Jindal.

According to some news reports, a friend of Bautsch's who visited her in the hospital Saturday morning stated that Bautsch and Brown were followed and attacked expressly because they had Sarah Palin pins on (Bautsch saying that one of the attackers said “Let’s get them, they have Palin pins on.”)

Brown told Butsch to run. He then "turned toward" the group of men, at least one of the men struck him repeatedly. The woman "fell to the ground and screamed," according to a New Orleans Police press release.

Brown suffered a broken nose, a broken jaw, and a concussion.

Bautsch was chased down by a single male attacker.

The petite woman suffered five fractures of her leg after being stomped repeatedly. Kyle Plotkin, a Jindal spokesman, said Bautsch had surgery over the weekend. Several metal rods were inserted to hold her leg and ankle together, she is in severe pain and is facing a recovery time of two to three months.

Before -
bautsch-brown-normal.jpg

After-
24730_113756431986733_100000571310055_180667_6835635_n.jpg

not-smiling.jpg

Superintendent Warren J. Riley and members of the New Orleans Police are asking the public’s assistance in locating and identifying several suspects wanted in connection with an incident that occurred in the 600 block of Saint Louis Street . The incident occurred Friday April 9, 2010, at approximately 10:45 P.M.
According to investigators, the victims were walking from a function at a restaurant in the 400 block of Royal Street . When they entered the 600 block of Saint Louis Street, three to five Caucasian males made derogatory comments to the 25-year-old female and her 28-year-old male friend. When the male victim turned towards the group of men, one or more of the suspects struck the victim several times. At some point the female victim fell to the ground and screamed. The suspects then fled on foot. Officers in the area heard the female screaming and responded to the scene and broadcasted a description of the suspects and requested Emergency Medical Paramedics. As the female was waiting for EMS , she used her purse as a pillow. When the victim was in the ambulance, she discovered her purse was missing.

The female was transported to a hospital where she was treated for a broken leg. The male victim was also transported to the hospital and was treated for a mild concussion, fractured jaw and nose.

One of the suspects was described as a Caucasian male who appeared to be dirty, in his 20’s, 6′1″ tall, thin build with a thin face. He had a beard and auburn color hair in a pony tail. He was wearing a light color T shirt and dark color pants.
The incident is on-going and detectives are in the process of determining if any surveillance cameras captured the incident.

Investigators are currently working on the incident and at this time the report is not available. Notification will be made to the media when the report is complete and ready for dissemination.

Investigators are in the process of identifying the suspects, as well as a motive. Eighth District Detective Sergeant Nicholas Gernon is in charge of the investigation. Citizens with information that can help solve this crime are asked to call CRIMESTOPPERS at 822-1111, toll-free 1-877-903-STOP(7867). You could receive a cash reward of up to $2,500.00 for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the responsible person(s). You do not have to give your name nor testify to receive the reward.​
Though this story is not hitting the MSM, it has roiled political websites and the blogosphere.

The Hayride, a New Orleans based site, has kept a running examination of the event -

The French Quarter Fracas

The Gateway Pundit is also tracking the investigation closely here -

Police Release Description of Allee Bautsch Attacker; Video Shows Republicans Threatened Outside Brennan’s

Why is this assault not getting any attention in the national press? Is it only because the victims are Republicans? Is it because events like this, political hate crimes, reflect so poorly on the Left?

The Left has freely and inaccurately levied many accusations against peaceful Tea Partiers, but it seems to me like actual violence comes pretty much from the Left.

As with SEIU thugs assaulting a black handicapped man for being at a town hall, the hypocrisy of leveling baseless accusations of violence while physically attacking opponents is astounding.

Court Date Set For the Kenneth Gladney Beatdown Case

I hope the perps of these crimes are found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It is time for the Left to renounce their violent actions and to practice what they have preached at others, but I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Are there B's scratched onto their faces?

According to some news reports, a friend of Bautsch's who visited her in the hospital Saturday morning stated that Bautsch and Brown were followed and attacked expressly because they had Sarah Palin pins on (Bautsch saying that one of the attackers said “Let’s get them, they have Palin pins on.”)

I'll wait to be filled with hate-crime outrage until there is more than a third-hand rumor that someone hates Palin enough to beat people. That's quite odd, since all I've seen is mockery of her poor study habits and weak intellect, not hatred.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
i hate pretentious jackasses who wear their sunglasses around their neck or facing backwards..

with that said, no matter how much you disagree, violence for political reasons is never the answer.

the protestors, if that's really who they were, probably got drunk on bourbon st, came back and assaulted these two.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Are there B's scratched onto their faces?

I'll wait to be filled with hate-crime outrage until there is more than a third-hand rumor that someone hates Palin enough to beat people. That's quite odd, since all I've seen is mockery of her poor study habits and weak intellect, not hatred.

And they don't have pins.

Sorry this is OFN and has nothing to do with anything other than New Orleans is a dangerous place.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
i hate pretentious jackasses who wear their sunglasses around their neck or facing backwards..

with that said, no matter how much you disagree, violence for political reasons is never the answer.

the protestors, if that's really who they were, probably got drunk on bourbon st, came back and assaulted these two.
Probably just some drunken thugs looking to kick some ass for any reason.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
It looks like the guy has bruised knuckles... not exactly in line with the story.

Last edited:

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
"Many reporters have been (rightly) cautious about describing an assault on a Jindal aide in New Orleans last Friday as linked to politics, and Jindal's office has done its best to damp down that storyline.

But a New Orleans Police Department spokesman now tells a conservative blogger that the assault was "of a political nature," which a source of Brett Michael Dykes' backs up.

New Orleans Police Department Spokesman Bob Young tells me that "that information is part of the investigation," and that he hasn't been told whether the assault was political or not."

"I have no idea what the motive was," he said.

Young said he'd spoken yesterday to a conservative blogger, Pat Dollard, who asked him repeatedly whether the attack was politically motivated, and that he'd told him he didn't know.

Dollard quoted him saying the attack was politically motivated, but an irritated Young said the quote was the opposite of what he'd said and "completely incorrect."

UPDATE: The AP gets a police report, and finds no evidence it was political -- which a victim echoes."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0410/Assault_in_the_quarter_contd.html
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The boyfriend of Gov. Bobby Jindal's chief fundraiser says he's unsure whether protesters were responsible for attacking them April 9 outside a Republican event in the French Quarter.

Joseph Brown, 29, told police protesters were outside Brennan's restaurant during the Louisiana Republican Party event. But most had left about an hour before Brown and Allee Bautsch, 25, left the restaurant.

According to a police report obtained by The Associated Press on Friday, Brown said a group of men yelled obscenities and taunted them, but he heard nothing suggesting the attack was politically motivated. Bautsch suffered a broken leg in the attack.

The fundraiser took place during the Southern Republican Leadership Conference but was not tied directly to that event.

http://www.wdam.com/Global/story.asp?S=12324807

But please OP by all means keep posting your blog sourced bullshit.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
It is time for the Left to renounce their violent actions and to practice what they have preached at others, but I am not holding my breath.

It's time for right-wing zealots like PJABBER to realize that violent actions are not the exclusive or near-exclusive domain of any ideology or political party.

It's time for right-wing zealots like PJABBER to demand the same of themselves as they demand of their opposites.

I'm not holding my breath.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
how is it not?

The story reads like the got attacked and pummeled. Judging by his knuckles, he manned up after getting yelled up and got into a fight.

Still no idea what the F is going with the girl though; can't imagine drunk dudes stomping out a decent looking 120lb blonde. Maybe she tried to intervene and rolled her ankle on those 4in stilettos?

edit:

Either way I would bet my lunch that blog is 99% horse shit. The beauty of interwebs, you can write whatever you want.

Last edited:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
The story reads like the got attacked and pummeled. Judging by his knuckles, he manned up after getting yelled up and got into a fight.

Still no idea what the F is going with the girl though; can't imagine drunk dudes stomping out a decent looking 120lb blonde. Maybe she tried to intervene and rolled her ankle on those 4in stilettos?

edit:

Either way I would bet my lunch that blog is 99% horse shit. The beauty of interwebs, you can write whatever you want.

or he manned up diring the assault and decked one or two.

until more info comes out you can't say either way.

you can't imagian drunk guys attackign a women? http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/news_breaking/20100416_Cherry_Hill_man_charged_in_sickening_display_at_ballpark.html what about spitting and throwing up on a 11 yr old girl?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
It's time for right-wing zealots like PJABBER to realize that violent actions are not the exclusive or near-exclusive domain of any ideology or political party.

It's time for right-wing zealots like PJABBER to demand the same of themselves as they demand of their opposites.

I'm not holding my breath.

You are missing the real point of the post.
It is not that crazy people do crazy things but more how the MSM portrays each group.

How much did we hear about someone "spitting" on a congressman when the man was simply yelling? All he was guilty of was saying it and spraying it.

What about the congressman who claimed to hear the 'n word" being used?
When he claims it happened there were thousands of cameras running but none of the caught it. Hell, there is a $100,000 reward for video but the video doesn't exist.

Hmmm...

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
The fact these two were attacked is very sad. The fact that the OP and other overzealous rightwing idiots make shit up to try and spin this as a political hate crime perpetrated by dems is beyond sad.

In other news all recent violent crimes against minorities must have been carried out by tea partiers and Glenn Beck follows because they hate minorities everyone knows this.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Um...
Her leg was broken in 5 places......

From the person who took the photo of the Bautsch and Brown laying on the ground in front of the police officer -
Jack A. Neal

I took this photo, so I was obviously at the scene immediately following the attack. And as we like to say in the South, " I don't have a dog in this hunt". However, just to be fair, let me clarify a few things. There were a couple of police officers in the same area I was, and heard the same screams, that apparently came from this young lady. They immediately rushed to the scene. One officer stopped to attend the victims, another followed in pursuit of the attacker (s). The NOPD could not have been more responsive or professional. I don't know any facts other than that. They deserve credit for what they did to help. Within a couple of minutes, police officers were swarming the area. Give the guys some credit. You've seen the photo. That's a police officer in the foreground.

Also, I'm not sure this should be an indictment of New Orleans. I'm well aware of the crime rate there. It's deplorable. But this incident could have happened anywhere at anytime.

Finally, as to those of you who are analyzing the photo, and in some cases drawing incorrect conclusions, the young lady is not smiling, she's terrified. Regardless of what happened to provoke this attack, who the assailants were, or why this occurred, these people were savagely beaten. They, as well as their their families, deserve some respect. There was no indication they were drunk, as some suggest. I'll leave it to others to sort out the political implications of all this, if any....

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
or he manned up diring the assault and decked one or two.

until more info comes out you can't say either way.

Agreed. I'm just saying the story as presented by that blog doesn't seem to mash with the reputable media descriptions.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Maybe the media is slumbering because they figured out that faux outrage internet propagandists who post baseless walls of text are essentially little impudent weenies who fabricate, obfuscate and manipulate the truth.

--

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
From the blog; the real news sources said broken leg and pins.

That information came from the victim's mother who gave an interview on Fox News this afternoon. She was not willing to characterize the assault as being a political attack, but also said that she does not want to compromise the investigation by her statements.

Mother of Beaten Jindal Staffer Breaks Silence to Fox News (TRANSCRIPT)

by Connie Hair

04/16/2010

Fox News’ Megyn Kelly has finally broken the wall of silence on major news coverage of the brutal beating of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal’s top fundraising staffer. A full transcript follows below.

Della Burning, mother of Jindal staffer Allee Bautsch, confirmed that her daughter had been savagely beaten. She refused to discuss whether or not politics were involved (although at one point in the interview she did say the report was “accurate” when New Orleans Police Information Officer said slurs hurled at her daughter during the attack were “political in nature”).

Burning confirmed her daughter's leg is broken in four places and she has five surgical scars and a steel rod now running from her knee to her ankle with seven screws holding it all in place. She did not fall and break her leg as was reported in the lonely and inaccurate story done by the Associated Press.

Burning also confirmed that the attackers did not rob her daughter or her daughter’s boyfriend. (Note: robbery of Bautsch's purse occurred after the beatings.)

The attack happened one week ago today as Bautsch and her boyfriend left a $10,000-per-plate Republican fundraiser at Brennan’s Restaurant in the French Quarter where a local group of anarchists, the Iron Rail Collective, were among radical leftist groups that organized a protest outside. Attendees had to run a gauntlet of these aggressive protesters hurling slurs as they left the event. (more details at local news outlet The Hayride)​
Bautsch's mother said her daughter has a rod that goes down the entire center of her leg with screws in her ankles.

"This was very serious. She has four breaks in her leg. It’s her left leg. She has a rod that goes down the entire center of her leg with seven screws. She has a screw through her entire ankle."

"For a mother, it's a lot," she said. "The recovery is enormous. She has five different scars that's she'll have from this. This isn't just something that, you know, she was pushed down on the ground or she fell. That's not the case. They were stomping her."

Last edited:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Yep. The mainstream media is being very silent on this one. Doesn't fit the agenda. And I thought the obama brownshirts weren't supposed to attack until right before the November elections.

Sclamoz

Sep 9, 2009
You are missing the real point of the post.
It is not that crazy people do crazy things but more how the MSM portrays each group.

How much did we hear about someone "spitting" on a congressman when the man was simply yelling? All he was guilty of was saying it and spraying it.

What about the congressman who claimed to hear the 'n word" being used?
When he claims it happened there were thousands of cameras running but none of the caught it. Hell, there is a $100,000 reward for video but the video doesn't exist.

Hmmm...

Neither the police or the victims are claiming it was politically motivated so who exactly is the "group" that MSM media isn't portraying correctly in this case?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
> According to a police report obtained by The Associated Press on Friday, Brown said a group of men yelled obscenities and taunted them, but he heard nothing suggesting the attack was politically motivated. Bautsch suffered a broken leg in the attack.

> Dollard quoted him saying the attack was politically motivated, but an irritated Young said the quote was the opposite of what he'd said and "completely incorrect."

So the blogger apparently lied, and it wasn't political.