Republican feels hurt.......again....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Guys what aSchiff said is completely fine and of course debating it is literally the whole goal of the Republicans here. Each and every one of them was searching for something to get offended about for exactly this reason.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Do they not realize how dumb they sound when they say ‘I was thinking about voting to remove the president for betraying the country and his oath of office but then someone said something mean to me’?

They do know, they just think we're dumb enough to believe that they ever planned on voting any other way. And as the media will 'objectively' portray the narrative exactly that way, they're not wrong.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What sources you consider reliable and unreliable is a continuing source of amazement to me.

If you had even bothered to listen to the passage in question you would know that Schiff cited his source when he made the statement, and it’s a reputable source.
CBS said that a Trump ally....

Who is the ally?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I really hope this is sarcasm.

If not, it's a pretty sad indication of how mindless party loyalty overrides reason and logic. Let's see, who should we trust... Schiff, who has been crafting a case based on solid evidence and is making a claim that is entirely consistent with Trump's behavior, or Trump and his devotees, who lie so often that you have to assume they're being dishonest as a matter of course?

Schiff said himself that he didn't know if it was true or not.

Quoted:

"I don't know if that's true. But when I read that, I was struck by the irony," Schiff said. "I hope it's not true. I hope it's not true."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
As a metaphor, it's quite apt. Trump will destroy any GOP'er who votes against him because he stole the GOP base. It's now a post-truth cult of personality.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's not what I took away from the story at all. What I gathered was that many felt it was unnecessary and probably false, a rumor at best.

Yes, yes. It's completely unimaginable that anybody in the Trump admin would use that metaphor. It's so shocking that anybody would even say they might have! Bring me my pearls so that I may clutch them in a maudlin display of faux offendedness!

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yes, yes. It's completely unimaginable that anybody in the Trump admin would use that metaphor. It's so shocking that anybody would even say they might have! Bring me my pearls so that I may clutch them in a maudlin display of faux offendedness!
Oh, I agree, but nonetheless he should have been extra careful, he had put on a brilliant prosecution by attention to detail and not getting personal. These charlatans were hoping for a crumb to turn into a mountain so they could go wining back to their base with "I tried, but Schiff humiliated me!". I highly doubt it flies and I see many losing elections as soon as they are up, 72% of those polled wanted witness's so that had to include some of Dumps "base". I dunno, maybe they thought it would include Hunter so they said yea, why not.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Schiff said himself that he didn't know if it was true or not.

Quoted:

"I don't know if that's true. But when I read that, I was struck by the irony," Schiff said. "I hope it's not true. I hope it's not true."

So why are you attacking him for supposed lack of trust if he even couched his statement? Well, we know why, but you probably won't admit it...

Besides, you know damn well that the "head on a pike" rumour is in line with Trump's thinking. He demands mindless loyalty; his administration is like a game of musical chairs where people only last until they dare challenge him, no matter how correct they are. What did you think Trump would say... "senators, vote your conscience?"

Feb 4, 2009
Do they not realize how dumb they sound when they say ‘I was thinking about voting to remove the president for betraying the country and his oath of office but then someone said something mean to me’?

Going to be even better now that Yosemite Sam appears to say he was told to withhold Ukraine Aid until there was a Biden investigation

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
As with Hitler, Donald Trump too has his death camps.
And that is where disloyal republicans are sent off to.
And no one wants to be railroaded off to the Trump death camps.
Both senate and house Republicans have watched in horror as others have been sent away, and they want no part of that. No sir, no part of that horror.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Where are the death camps? I would like to assault them and free the good republicans.

It's not "death" death. It's just the death of their careers if they don't pass the loyalty test. The Faithful ain't skeered. Michael Cohen's admonitions didn't even faze them.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So why are you attacking him for supposed lack of trust if he even couched his statement? Well, we know why, but you probably won't admit it...

Besides, you know damn well that the "head on a pike" rumour is in line with Trump's thinking. He demands mindless loyalty; his administration is like a game of musical chairs where people only last until they dare challenge him, no matter how correct they are. What did you think Trump would say... "senators, vote your conscience?"

I didn't "attack"anyone. I only pointed out I would like to see who the reputable source is.

Why is he presenting it as factual if he doesn't know that it is true or not.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It's not "death" death. It's just the death of their careers if they don't pass the loyalty test. The Faithful ain't skeered. Michael Cohen's admonitions didn't even faze them.

I once worked at a company where the Vice President of the division I was employed at used threats, intimidation, rats, stooges and the 'ol "divide and conquer" shtick as his primary tools to "manage" his employees just like Trump does because that "manager" as with Trump didn't have neither the personality traits nor the natural instincts that good managers have and rely on in order to develop pride, cooperation, teamwork, good morale etc. in their workforce.

Instead, he promoted unqualified underlings that he could exploit to his personal advantage and made absolutely sure they were no threat to the fiefdom he built around himself. These underlings of his were nothing more than hatchet men that had no more value to that manager than a stripped bolt would. He'd befriend them and hire their children so he could use them as leverage if he ever had to coerce his underlings into doing things they didn't want to. Needless to say he was despised.

So here we have Trump that behaves and "manages" the nation just like that incompetent fool I previously mentioned.

The one difference between those two was that Trump could use his wealth to get his way. That other shithead could only rely on his position to force people into doing his bidding.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

Dump has not said a gazillion times he'll take down anyone who crosses him? It's like you've spend the last three years under a rock...buried three miles underneath an even bigger rock.

One of the saddest things about the last three years is how much the once-principled Republican party has debased itself for the game show host president.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Dump has not said a gazillion times he'll take down anyone who crosses him? It's like you've spend the last three years under a rock...buried three miles underneath an even bigger rock.

One of the saddest things about the last three years is how much the once-principled Republican party has debased itself for the game show host president.

Yeh, it's like they were only pretending to have principles, huh? Remember how they went on about Family Values like they meant it? They lied.