Republican Braun resets to miscegenation

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Well, the Republican Supreme Court has already elected to gut or repeal half of the 1960’s civil rights laws, so Republican Senator pushing for more… all in on “States Rights”
I can see Texas adding a new $10k bounty program for this next…
Edit: Can jump forward to 0:55 in video for the pointed straight Q&A

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Here’s Senator Mike Braun saying that interracial marriage should be left up to the states.

The hell it should.
Interracial marriage is not an issue the same way slavery is not an issue.
We are beyond allowing them to attack the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of our fellow Americans.

Senator Braun is disgusting, and is a single handed example of why no Republican is fit to hold office, anywhere, in this nation.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The more progress states make toward civil rights, voting rights, women's rights and the rights of our gays, transgenders, etc, the more of a disadvantage it becomes for the conservatives of the nation to claim this ambiguous moral high ground they speak of but do not practice and regress the nation backward to the days when they had a comfortable grip on determining what path the nation takes into its future, their own futures to be precise.

Of course, the religious fundies are fighting the same battle along side these stiff collared conservatives like Mike but for different reasons of which has everything to do with reversing the trend of The Church's dwindling numbers. Both entities seek a revival where their heady days of prominence lay in the distant past.

What they see as reviving their influence over the nation's peoples, the majority of the people see it as the conservatives' inability to successfully adapt to the changes that progress brings. In their effort to keep themselves from falling into disfavor of the people, they are attempting to block the roads of progress, this inevitable evolution our nation and the world will and is going through.

Good luck with that I say, just don't regret the choices you make when progress transforms you into anachronisms.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
What they are doing is to set the stage to repeal marriage equality i.e. same sex marraiage. They think that if they can first toss doubt into interracial marriage then the repeal of SS marriage will be a cake walk.
No white straight married couple need ever worry about their marriage being recognized in one state yet not in another state. Some things might be left up to the states however SS marriage or interracial marriage is not one of them. If for no other reason, the unjust burden imposed on that married couple. And by the way, try try as they might they will never get their way with turning back history, we as a nation would never allow it. These morons think that they control everything, but they do not. These morons might want to rethink their choice of citizenry because relocating to Russia might be more in their best personal interest. In Russia, gays and minorities are not a welcome ideology.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Wow, what the actual fuck? I'm glad I actually watched the video.

At first I was like "Oh he just misheard the question and is unspooling some basic shit about states rights" lol oh standard "gotcha outrage"

Then the interviewer straight up asked "You'd be ok with leaving interracial marriage up to the states?"

Braun: "yes... you can't have your cake and eat it too"

What the actual fuck am I seeing?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

At first I was like "Oh he just misheard the question and is unspooling some basic shit about states rights" lol oh standard "gotcha outrage"

Then the interviewer straight up asked "You'd be ok with leaving interracial marriage up to the states?"

Moral Degradation.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

The future, America's future, should the Repubs get ahold of the gov't again, for they would surely not want to give it up ever again and will do anything and everything to keep it in hand. They already have the Supreme Court firmly in their control, they just need to get Trump the useful idiot back in power and take back the House.

And then, and then the nation will see the Repub agenda for what it really is: A coup.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

You're watching all these folks feeling liberated and once again feeling empowered to say the quiet part out loud.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Well, the Republican Supreme Court has already elected to gut or repeal half of the 1960’s civil rights laws, so Republican Senator pushing for more… all in on “States Rights”
I can see Texas adding a new $10k bounty program for this next…

Mike Braun is what happens when you lose your virginity to your mother.

P.S. Oh Mikey? Clarence and Virginia Thomas would like a word.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

He still can't get over the fact that his daughter was getting black d!ck in college.

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

True colors, what it really means when they say "Make America Great Again". It was "great" in the 50s when LGBT+ people, non-white people, and women knew their place, or could be assured that they'd soon find out their place if they tried to behave otherwise. America had no problems at that point, from their perspective. Leave It To Beaver and Father Knows Best.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
True colors, what it really means when they say "Make America Great Again". It was "great" in the 50s when LGBT+ people, non-white people, and women knew their place, or could be assured that they'd soon find out their place if they tried to behave otherwise. America had no problems at that point, from their perspective. Leave It To Beaver and Father Knows Best.
749b3591-f705-4253-9cf5-788e60413f92_text.gif

you’re being hard on the beaver.

• Haha

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I guess these folks are not up on history. Their agenda does not want history taught because the Moors not only brought the darker blood into the puritans blood lines, but they also contributed much to science, which we know is another bastion of debauchery to these impotent fools.

Seems they all feel that if they are not rousing the base with some sort of victimization, a.k.a State’s rights, they will not longer get anyone to support their non existent policy at the voting booth.

These folks are delusional and dangerous. Like our boy in Russia, they will resort to pretty drastic measures when there is absolutely no hope that can or will gain political power. Fundamentalism is full of those who want to be martyrs.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
All this stuff seems to tie into a trend I'm seeing from conservatives/Pubs: A war on the 14th amendment (equal protection).

I've heard more about the 14th amendment (and "unenumerated rights") and how it shouldn't be used to grant so many rights (what a fucking bizarre position to take, people have too many rights) over this last SC confirmation hearing than I've really ever heard before.

It sounds like as Republicans move toward establishing a narrative delegitimizing the 14th for the sake of getting Roe overturned, they're willing to burn everything else predicated on the amendment to the ground to get what they want.

Also ties into the "personhood" argument for the unborn: if they're a person then the 14th can be turned around and applied to them thanks to the language of the amendment.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
All this stuff seems to tie into a trend I'm seeing from conservatives/Pubs: A war on the 14th amendment (equal protection).

I've heard more about the 14th amendment (and "unenumerated rights") and how it shouldn't be used to grant so many rights (what a fucking bizarre position to take, people have too many rights) over this last SC confirmation hearing than I've really ever heard before.

It sounds like as Republicans move toward establishing a narrative delegitimizing the 14th for the sake of getting Roe overturned, they're willing to burn everything else predicated on the amendment to the ground to get what they want.

Also ties into the "personhood" argument for the unborn: if they're a person then the 14th can be turned around and applied to them thanks to the language of the amendment.
I tend to stick to the Occom's Razor answer

they are just plain racist. Although I can see your point

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Some good news, after rapid and intense criticism, Braun has retracted his statements, saying he “misunderstood the question” and he condemned racism in any form.

Or in other words, he discovered running on an open racist platform will get you voted out in Indiana still.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Is this really news to anyone who has been paying attention to the Republican Party over the past 30 years?

This is standard operating procedure.

Next someone is going to tell me Republicans would rather Americans die than get universal healthcare like the rest of the entire western world.

Republicans hate Americans who aren't exactly like them and would prefer them being dead too.

#Noshit

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Even if you grant the fetus full personhood, no person has the right to occupy space inside another person without their permission.