Republican Ben Stein on Fox News: Called a Commie!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Gives his honest opinion on taxes from a reality-based perspective, which deeply upsets the well-coiffed Fox shill host. ;)

Ben is a deep conservative and a 1%'er. Sadly, it turns out he's also a stinkin' pinko and a class traitor, according to the Foxbot interviewing him.

Oh, Ben! Why can't you just stick to the Faux News talking points? :biggrin:

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Gives his honest opinion on taxes from a reality-based perspective, which deeply upsets the well-coiffed Fox shill host. ;)

Ben is a deep conservative and a 1%'er. Sadly, it turns out he's also a stinkin' pinko and a class traitor, according to the Foxbot interviewing him.

I like that host. I don't agree with everything, and it seemed more like he was playing devil's advocate more than anything.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
wow will this guy replace Bill'O when he retires? What a douche.

Ben gained a few recently and kinds looks like an uptight Cheney, but he makes reasonable points which is apparently lost on the host.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The host needs his ass kicked. Seriously, what a fucking douche.

"I live in a basement. You're a commie." WTF

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
The Fox host employs a typical defense mechanism. He is laughing off the threat.

It's better to make fun of the exchange than to take it seriously and lose the argument.

Fox viewers need to know this. But....they won't care.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Ben may have used to be a deep conservative, but that is not the case anymore. Ben lives for these shows now, not only fox but CNN and MSNBC so he is trying to pander to both sides to get spots on these shows.

Brutus04

Jul 30, 2007
Ben is the man and the voice of reason. Who gives a damn if Buffet pays an extra 1/4 mil in taxes? We made one big shit sandwich and now EVERYONE has to take a bite. I am also for EVERYONE pay something...even $100; no free rides. The host is trying to maintain the party-line.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

They are both total douches in my opinion. ;)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Ben Stein has broken ranks, is calling for higher taxes. When you carry the Dem's water, you get called a Dem. It happens.

Also... Greg is not prime time anchor material. He trolls too much.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
... I am also for EVERYONE pay something...even $100; no free rides. The host is trying to maintain the party-line.
That's where Stein, and you, go off the deep end. For starters, a lot of the people who pay no federal income tax do so because they are on SS. What do you propose, we take back some of the money we are giving them? Secondly, all of the people who do not pay federal income tax still pay other taxes. An extra $100 isn't going to change anything for the better.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Ben Stein has broken ranks, is calling for higher taxes. When you carry the Dem's water, you get called a Dem. It happens.

Yep. He's actually more suited for the Daily Show. I like the guy, but he does lack the 'filter' for prime time. He'll speak his mind incredibly bluntly.

Again, I think he was playing devil's advocate. He does this all the time on RedEye. He's good at trolling. He's made me laugh many of times on his late night show.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yep. He's actually more suited for the Daily Show. I like the guy, but he does lack the 'filter' for prime time. He'll speak his mind incredibly bluntly.

Again, I think he was playing devil's advocate. He does this all the time on RedEye. He's good at trolling. He's made me laugh many of times on his late night show.
So he is just copying Colbert's schtick?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009

LOL

Greg Gutfeld was joking.

Apr 27, 2012
Greg Gutfeld is a troll, Ever watch him on Redeye or The Five, He wasn't serious, he is also one of the only guys on Fox who doesn't read talking points

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Fuckin A, dude's drunk I'm pretty sure on every episode of Redeye. lol@mediamatters and anyone else that thinks Gutfeld was seriously calling Stein a communist.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I saw a segment of an interview in which the question was asked, what happens if we go over the fiscal cliff. The answer given was that very little will happen and that taxes must be raised. This led the interviewer injecting his opinion that if you raise taxes the government will waste the money, to which the reply was that government spending must also be reduced, that the budget crisis is real and must be addressed both by reducing spending and raising taxes. The interviewer believes that only government spending is the problem where as the guest thinks taxes also have to be raised, that it is a responsibility of a conservative to leave the nation better for our children, that that duty overrules any abhorrence of paying taxes, a natural feeling that a sense of responsibility prohibits indulging in. I thought the interviewer was responding to an internal program, a belief of a religious nature, something inculcated, whereas the guest spoke out of a sense of internal honesty, that his will to keep the money he makes could not be supported in the face of the country's problems. In shout, the one person who said he was against class warfare was actually for it because he lacked internal integrity.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
wow will this guy replace Bill'O when he retires? What a douche.

Ben gained a few recently and kinds looks like an uptight Cheney, but he makes reasonable points which is apparently lost on the host.

No what he said was lost on you . HE said all tax payers need to pay more . Even the poor . Which makes no sense as the poor get their money from gooberment. If the poor don't have to pay neither does anyone else . I don't care if they starve to death or freeze or what ever happens to them . Its natural its nature. and if you think you can change that . lets see how the next 31/2 years plays out. If one landed at my doorstep dieing I would nurse it back to wealth and give them the boot . With the words don't come back.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I saw a segment of an interview in which the question was asked, what happens if we go over the fiscal cliff. The answer given was that very little will happen and that taxes must be raised. This led the interviewer injecting his opinion that if you raise taxes the government will waste the money, to which the reply was that government spending must also be reduced, that the budget crisis is real and must be addressed both by reducing spending and raising taxes. The interviewer believes that only government spending is the problem where as the guest thinks taxes also have to be raised, that it is a responsibility of a conservative to leave the nation better for our children, that that duty overrules any abhorrence of paying taxes, a natural feeling that a sense of responsibility prohibits indulging in. I thought the interviewer was responding to an internal program, a belief of a religious nature, something inculcated, whereas the guest spoke out of a sense of internal honesty, that his will to keep the money he makes could not be supported in the face of the country's problems. In shout, the one person who said he was against class warfare was actually for it because he lacked internal integrity.

Or he had the internal integrity to know that with this Congress and Executive, giving any additional money will just result in it being blown - at best - at a slower deficit spent rate, and as such, internally, he knows that sending any more money is a complete waste of time as you're just continuing to feed the beast. But it couldn't be that, right?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Ben may have used to be a deep conservative, but that is not the case anymore. Ben lives for these shows now, not only fox but CNN and MSNBC so he is trying to pander to both sides to get spots on these shows.

That doesn't square with him calling for higher taxes whole on an FNC show.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
LOL

Greg Gutfeld was joking.

Of course he was joking. The host specializes in supercilious, irreverent condescension, and cool superiority, like a spider examining the corpse of a fly with a magnifying glass. His function is to make conservatives, particularly young male ones feel relevant and worthy by displaying, without shame, a neotenous teenage stage of emotional development. He does live in a basement in the emotional maturity sense of that term.