News Republican Barbarism at it's finest

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021

Welcome to ATP&N. In this one forum, we have a rule stating that in each and every post you make, you must include your own written personal commentary. This is your one free pass on that.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Who were you before you were banned?

Also, not all hunters are Republicans.

I'm a hunter.

I would never vote Republican.
Slaughter of hundreds of wolves is not hunting, it is culling. Taking game, and using the meat is hunting.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Senseless killing of wolves is wrong. Killing them when they're going after your livestock is fine.

Perspective. Having it is a real plus! ;)

Sorta like if a bunch of "Native Americans" were raping your wife, killing your kids and burning down the cabin in the wilderness you just built, the first thought through your head most likely WOULD NOT be "that's okay since we stole their land" true or not.

:p :oops:

Last edited:

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021
Who were you before you were banned?

Also, not all hunters are Republicans.

I'm a hunter.

I would never vote Republican.
Huh? 9 out of 10 hunters are registered Republicans and Republican states have the most egregious wildlife 'management' policies , this hunt was forced by Republicans from another state filing suit in WI...wtf

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
I lived for a number of years just south of Wisconsin in Lake County Illinois. I had wolves in my back yard frequently. They were truly beautiful. My Australian Shepherd did not like them but they cleared out the coyotes and dramatically reduced deer / Auto interactions. I vote for wolves. They act like very proud German Shepherds on steroids. Just amazing to watch hunt in a pack they spread out 20 yards apart and cover territory. A shame to see them shot when they could be reintroduced to traditional ranges and clear up the deer problem.

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021
I lived for a number of years just south of Wisconsin in Lake County Illinois. I had wolves in my back yard frequently. They were truly beautiful. My Australian Shepherd did not like them but they cleared out the coyotes and dramatically reduced deer / Auto interactions. I vote for wolves. They act like very proud German Shepherds on steroids. Just amazing to watch hunt in a pack they spread out 20 yards apart and cover territory. A shame to see them shot when they could be reintroduced to traditional ranges and clear up the deer problem.
How people can love dogs and hate wolves is quite confounding, if you ever owned a shepherd like dog, the resemblance is in your face and scientifically they are the same species, the first GSD was a part wolf in fact...need to educate rednecks on this though education and Republicans don't mix very well.

Reactions: Captante

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021
Isn't this the kind of thinking that wiped them out in the first place?
Humans need to make way for nature, centuries of doing the opposite is coming back to haunt us. If we don't improve, Mother Earth may take drastic action that none of us can escape from, she has given us a lot of warnings lately, to which Republicans say let's piss her off some more?

Reactions: hal2kilo

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Senseless killing of wolves is wrong. Killing them when they're going after your livestock is fine.
Killing wolves to protect non-native livestock when the sole purpose of the livestock is to provide welfare checks for a bunch of cowboy hat toting, ecosystem destroying parasites is wrong.

Reactions: zinfamous and dawp

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Sorry...didn't realize you were a vegan. Should I speak more slowly for you?

:p
Not a vegan at all. When when looks at where wolves live and where beef/lamb production is economically viable, one finds very little overlap. The "kill the wolves to save the beefs" is bullshit to excuse brutality on the part of welfare ranchers who contribute damn near nothing to food production while trashing ecosystems and sucking at the public tit.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Killing wolves to protect non-native livestock when the sole purpose of the livestock is to provide welfare checks for a bunch of cowboy hat toting, ecosystem destroying parasites is wrong.
Right, another problem is ranchers seem to go out of their way to kill predators even if they haven't killed any livestock. I remember watching a documentary a few years back on the impact of the reintroduction of wolves on the mountain lion population in Wyoming. Wolves will kill mountain lion cubs if they can (probably adults too but those are much harder to catch), but in the end they determined most mountain lions were being killed by ranchers, as well as the wolves.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Isn't this the kind of thinking that wiped them out in the first place?

Interestingly wolves don't usually go after livestock or anything else regularly tended by humans or at least it's quite rare. In the odd case however that a wolf is attacking livestock it's often because the animal is injured or diseased so shooting/trapping it may be the best option.

"In the United States, data show that wolves (Canis lupus, Canis lupus baileiy and Canis rufus) kill few cattle and sheep. ... Their data show that farmers and ranchers lose nine times more cattle and sheep to health, weather, birthing and theft problems than to all predators combined." ~ Humane Society -Mar 6, 2019

The "thinking" was as much hysteria that they were a danger to humans as well which we now know is mostly nonsense.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Humans need to make way for nature, centuries of doing the opposite is coming back to haunt us. If we don't improve, Mother Earth may take drastic action that none of us can escape from, she has given us a lot of warnings lately, to which Republicans say let's piss her off some more?

Yep ... the PLANET is just fine ... HUMANS on the other hand..?

We're going "away". :oops:

Reactions: hal2kilo

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Interestingly wolves don't usually go after livestock or anything else regularly tended by humans or at least it's quite rare. In the odd case however that a wolf is attacking livestock it's often because the animal is injured or diseased so shooting/trapping it may be the best option.

"In the United States, data show that wolves (Canis lupus, Canis lupus baileiy and Canis rufus) kill few cattle and sheep. ... Their data show that farmers and ranchers lose nine times more cattle and sheep to health, weather, birthing and theft problems than to all predators combined." ~ Humane Society -Mar 6, 2019

The "thinking" was as much hysteria that they were a danger to humans as well which we now know is mostly nonsense.
Yes, but the wolf issue like so many others has been so thoroughly politicized that many ranchers aren't interested in facts. Where I live, we have wolves starting to make a comeback due to migration over from Yellowstone (which were reintroduced from Canada I believe), into Idaho, and now into Oregon. In the entire region, there are probably around 10 cattle deaths per year from wolves and mountain lions. Those are the only ones that make the news.

The fable everyone has created is that the wolves that are coming over now aren't the native species that used to live here. But that is just something made up to excuse their desire to eradicate them. The most recent research now indicates there is only one species of wolf native to North America, the gray wolf. They used to think there was another species, the Eastern Timber Wolf, but my understanding is that genome sequencing indicates this is actually a hybrid species which came about when gray wolf populations got too low, and they started breeding with coyotes.

Reactions: e2dog32021

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Not a vegan at all. When when looks at where wolves live and where beef/lamb production is economically viable, one finds very little overlap. The "kill the wolves to save the beefs" is bullshit to excuse brutality on the part of welfare ranchers who contribute damn near nothing to food production while trashing ecosystems and sucking at the public tit.
On the other hand, its not a bad idea to move away from the mega farms to smaller scale ranches. However it should be done in an environmentally responsible way where the native ecosystem gets priority over the cattle. Cattle are able to fill a similar role to native bison in many of these environments. However, the ecosystem needs to dictate the number and location of cattle, and the ranchers need to understand there are costs associated with raising cattle in these locations.

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021
Ranchers are pure evil in my book, using government subsidies (one area Republicans don't have an issue with) to destroy wildlife, cause massive methane emissions and all the while enjoy a benevolent hard working image in the American psyche. This needs to change, they need to be portrayed for the evil, mostly white 'welfare queens' they truly are. And any 'hunter' that so much as exceeds their 'legal' quota put on a national offenders list, hell put them on the SOL

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021
Yes, but the wolf issue like so many others has been so thoroughly politicized that many ranchers aren't interested in facts. Where I live, we have wolves starting to make a comeback due to migration over from Yellowstone (which were reintroduced from Canada I believe), into Idaho, and now into Oregon. In the entire region, there are probably around 10 cattle deaths per year from wolves and mountain lions. Those are the only ones that make the news.

The fable everyone has created is that the wolves that are coming over now aren't the native species that used to live here. But that is just something made up to excuse their desire to eradicate them. The most recent research now indicates there is only one species of wolf native to North America, the gray wolf. They used to think there was another species, the Eastern Timber Wolf, but my understanding is that genome sequencing indicates this is actually a hybrid species which came about when gray wolf populations got too low, and they started breeding with coyotes.

Yep and given that the domesticated dog is 99.9% a wolf and totally compatible from a reproductive standpoint, may be we should call wolves wild dogs..220 dogs murdered sounds a lot worse in Redneck than 220 wolves 'hunted'..

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Having lived in an area where wolves existed, not a big fan of them.

Supposed to keep the deer population down. Someone forgot to tell the wolves that. They find easier prey.

If they are not endangered, I see no reason to protect them. Push them back into the wilds where they belong.

ps: I am not a hunter.

Last edited:

e2dog32021

Mar 6, 2021
Having lived in an area where wolves existed, not a big fan of them.

Supposed to keep the deer population down. Someone forgot to tell the wolves that. They find easier prey.

If they are not endangered, I see no reason to protect them. Push them back into the wilds where they belong.

ps: I am not a hunter.
Ignorant statement , they belonged in all 50 states until settlers drove them out. And they were brutally butchered in WI forests this past week due to one of Drumpf's departing 'gifts' to America.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Wisconsin hunters killed 216 grey wolves in less than 60 hours last week, which is 82 per cent above the state’s limit, prompting the hunting season to be cut short.

The season that usually lasts from early November to Feb. 28 was ended on Feb. 24 as a result of exceeding the hunting limit of 200 animals.

The numbers don't work for me.
They wanted to kill 200 Wolves.
They killed 219 Wolves.

How is it that 219 is over 82% of the target of 200?

To get 82% over wouldn't they have killed 364 Wolves?

• Love
Reactions: JEDIYoda