Republican Arizona councilman mocks George Floyd because he doesn't want to wear a mask.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reactions: JEDIYoda

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
An "anti-mask rally"? For crissakes, they are holding rallies to protest...mask wearing. There are people protesting for racial justice and they are protesting...masks. Their freedumbs are being taken away because they are required to not put other people at risk. What is wrong with these people?

Reactions: sandorski

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Far from ignorant. To make the jump from knees to masks requires the kind of shift in consciousness that forms the basis of humor. That shift was bound to happen somewhere and will only be understood and laughed about or trigger those who are aware of the emotional and political situation we find ourselves in.

The problem, I think, is not ignorance but the evil implied by the intention to use humor to ingratiate oneself into one group at the expense of another. The man is of weak moral character and low self esteem, in my opinion. He wishes the pain he felt in humiliation as a child on others rather than to ameliorate the hurt of others.

I hope that all who have been subjected to insult and humiliation for racial or any other reasons realize they were subjected to that by people who were similarly humiliated long before the ever met you. Nobody puts anybody down who does not suffer from self hate. We need to do the best we can to let go of our own inevitable desire to hurt back. I think this is why Jesus directed His message to the so called least among to remind us we are loved and have no real need for revenge.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The thing about the anti-mask "movement" if that is what you call it, it just doesn't make sense. Before, they were protesting over business closures. That at least was a conversation we should have about the tradeoff between public health and the economy.

But masks do not damage the economy. Indeed, if what republicans want is to re-open soon to boost Trump's economy, then they should be encouraging the mask wearing, not the other way around. Because masks are the only thing which can mitigate the decreased social distancing from businesses re-opening. Doh!

Reactions: hal2kilo

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It hurts my brain that an anti-mask rally is even a thing.

These are the same people that want to trade others' lives for hair cuts. But hey, fuck your ability to get birth control. Because.
Because.
Because.
Reasons?

Reactions: hal2kilo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The AZGOP looks bound to follow the template of the VAGOP: increasingly insane and irrelevant as the state changes.

Reactions: feralkid

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The thing about the anti-mask "movement" if that is what you call it, it just doesn't make sense. Before, they were protesting over business closures. That at least was a conversation we should have about the tradeoff between public health and the economy.

But masks do not damage the economy. Indeed, if what republicans want is to re-open soon to boost Trump's economy, then they should be encouraging the mask wearing, not the other way around. Because masks are the only thing which can mitigate the decreased social distancing from businesses re-opening. Doh!
I think this can be almost entirely attributed to Trump. Like seriously almost entirely.

He wouldn't wear a mask, got shit from the left for it, and therefore it turned into a culture war thing. Had Trump been like other leaders and modeled/encouraged mask wearing it would not be a thing.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I think this can be almost entirely attributed to Trump. Like seriously almost entirely.

He wouldn't wear a mask, got shit from the left for it, and therefore it turned into a culture war thing. Had Trump been like other leaders and modeled/encouraged mask wearing it would not be a thing.

Oh yes, it certainly came from Trump. It's just that it's so counter-productive to what Trump and the GOP are trying to achieve. They want to convince us to reopen businesses so the economy can improve, for crying out loud. I remember Hannity back in March saying he wanted to be able to go to a baseball game again, and saying if we had to wear masks as a condition, no problem. He would eat his hotdog under his mask. Now that businesses are reopening, I bet he's all with masks being a form of oppression. No one outside the insane base can take this seriously. And the optics of it with people out protesting racial injustice and they're protesting freaking masks?

It's just so self-defeating. Trump and the rest of these idiots need to take a look at the polls right now and realize that if it's broke, it needs fixing. But we know they won't. Which is good news for us in November.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It hurts my brain that an anti-mask rally is even a thing.
It happened during the 1918 pandemic, they were called mask slackers. We have far less excuse for it now, which makes it even more infuriating. That goes for the inflammatory language he used too; it is infuriating.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Eh, Trump is just a symptom. The audience he was speaking to was already primed to accept it.

Feb 4, 2009
These no mask people are pussies. Really you are so weak you can’t breath thru a cotton mask and you are proud of being that weak.
Imagine a guy like this living on the coast during WW2 and him being told to keep his lights out at night.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
These no mask people are pussies. Really you are so weak you can’t breath thru a cotton mask and you are proud of being that weak.
Imagine a guy like this living on the coast during WW2 and him being told to keep his lights out at night.
"IMMA GET SOME BIG HALOGEN FLOODLIGHTS RIGHT OUT FRONT JUST FOR YOU, SPARKY!" - That guy in WW2

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
As that Dr from Florida said on the news yesterday. (paraphrased)
"You don't like wearing a mask? You're really not going to like a ventilator."

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Let me tell you how weak they are.....
I breath according to my pulmonologist at that of a 90 year old man! I have severe breathing issues! I wear a mask when I leave the house! I walk outside a mile to 2 miles everyday!!! It in no way interferes with my breathing!
These idiots are pussies!!

Feb 4, 2009
Let me tell you how weak they are.....
I breath according to my pulmonologist at that of a 90 year old man! I have severe breathing issues! I wear a mask when I leave the house! I walk outside a mile to 2 miles everyday!!! It in no way interferes with my breathing!
These idiots are pussies!!

I’m glad you covered this because I see older people who obviously have reduced lung capacity complying.
I was just at the store and a woman with two young children possibly twins the kids didn’t have masks but I don’t expect a 2 year old to wear a mask. Just keep those cough machines home if they are coughing.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Bottom line is Trump will never admit that he was wrong about anything. Putting on a mask now, and showing true leadership would be to admit he was wrong. That can never happen in Trump's world.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Bottom line is Trump will never admit that he was wrong about anything. Putting on a mask now, and showing true leadership would be to admit he was wrong. That can never happen in Trump's world.
Hopefully it stays that ways.......why? Because even Trumps base sees him as an idiot!

Feb 4, 2009

it is even a missed revenue opportunity. MAGA is the perfect thing to put on a mask. Seriously it fits perfectly, sell them on his personal Trump site and his re-election campaign site, he could easily charge $30 for a mask, $40 with a flag background.
Shit he could even sell autographed masks for shot loads of cash.