Repost: SEND FUNDS TO HELP DEFEND DAVE MCOWEN AGAINST GEORGIA TYRANNY!

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
DC Post

If you have any left over money in your paypal account and would like to donate it, please by all means do so.

dam()

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Danny read the threads I linked.

Russ has verified with the lawyer that this is real. The defense fund was the idea of some members of this forum. Other Distributed computing teams are getting in on the help has well. You don't need to submit and funds, a simple, intelligent letter to Georgia would suffice.

<< This is David McOwen, dmcowen674@aol.com. I need everyone's help that possibly can. I worked at a school system 2 years ago that is part of the State of Georgia and was the configurator of the computers. They are now prosecuting me for Felony conviction with up to 15 yrs in prison and wanting $ 415,000. They are saying the Dnet client costs 59 cents per second for the Internet transmissions! If you or you know anyone that can help please contact my lawyer Mr. David Joyner at cdjoyner66@aol.com , phone number of the Law Firm 770-564-1600 . Beside my life and my family, the future of all that use the Internet and computers is at stake. Don't let them turn the good of computers into something so terrible. If it was so terrible it should be taken away from the world and not prosecuting one individual. People were panicking about rumors of the Govt tacking on a 5 cent surchange to supplement the Postal service because E-mail is taking away from their business and now the State of Georgia is saying E-mail costs 59 cents per second and this is not a rumor!

Also we need to know if anyone in the United States or the world has been prosecuted for this. We need to know for sure that they are setting this dangerous precedent, making me an example and everyone is next. They did not give me an opportunity to just turn the client off, they also said that there was no harm done after they turned it off. How can they call it a felony then and looking for nearly half a million dollars! Please help in any way that you can, whether by E-mails or any other support.

Thank you
>>

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
David has been a long time member of the TA RC5 team. Any support will help his cause greatly.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000

<< Is there a possibility of a mailing address for donations ? >>

I think this is being addressed, cause I too rather mail in some cash and not start a paypal account.

dam()

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not a fan of Paypal myself. But, the law firm where Mr. Joyner, (David's lawyer), is employed also takes credit cards.

Russ, NCNE

kassy

Sep 13, 2000
Ok thanks, I will wait for more info.
I just saw your post Russ, if possible I would still prefer a mailing address, simply because all my credit cards are NZ cards. Exchange rate and all that crap.

Sybren

Oct 17, 1999
This is crazy... I feel for the guy. Shows what state our country is in. BTW, I live in GA... in the 770 area code. Anybody know if there is anything I can do to help out, other than give money?

TripleJ

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
Geez, this is crazy. I dunno about the US, but in Australia they would call that &quot;unAustralian&quot;. (Pron: unostrayan. ;))

What's the best way of sending a donation from overseas? I've never heard of paypal.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000

<< Geez, this is crazy. I dunno about the US, but in Australia they would call that &quot;unAustralian&quot;. (Pron: unostrayan. ;))

What's the best way of sending a donation from overseas? I've never heard of paypal.
>>

well they do have an international paypal, but like i said i dont know much about it since i dont really care for it, perhaps you can mail it in or something like that.

dam()

kassy

Sep 13, 2000
TripleJ - you could probably get an International Money Order from your bank or a local Currency Exchange.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
ahhh so its that guy...i remember reading that and thinking :Q to myself. well, i take it he has no case, in that case, i'll send it all of my paypal $$ which is only $5

danny~!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Okay, I just talked to their Office Manager, and it seems that Mr. Joyner wasn't quite correct when he told me they were accepting credit cards. They're going to be accepting them, but they're waiting on the equipment from their bank. She said about two weeks.

In the interim, if you'd like to pay by check, it would go to:

Kenney &amp; Solomon
ATTN: Tracy McAndrew, Office Manager
3675 Crestwood Parkway, Suite 110
Duluth, GA 30096

Make SURE that you note on the check that it is for David McOwen's defense.

She is going to call me as soon as their terminal arrives, so I'll post once their ready for CCs.

EDIT: Corrected spelling of &quot;Duluth&quot;.:eek:

Russ, NCNE

DoubleN

Aug 8, 2000
Wow...this is a great cause...right now my paypal funds are tapped, but I'll see what I can do to help. G'luck to Dave in his upcoming trial.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Doh, as mentioned in the other thread, I believe it's spelled DULUTH, GA.

Also a new link about the case being discussed on Silicon Spin! Props to phatstyl for catching it.

Dually

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2000
He should not have put soemthing on those computers without permision, now he will pay the price.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, it is spelled Duluth, and I live about 30 minutes from there. I could go down to the State Offices and kick some ass, would that work?

huanaku

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
He should not have put soemthing on those computers without permision, now he will pay the price

Stop judging :|:|:| He hasn't said if he had permission or not. A lot of people here know him and support him. That speaks enough for his character.