Question Repairing a dead xbox one S

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I've decided to dabble in electronics repair since its been so cold outside. Picked up a completely dead xbox one s and replaced the main mosfets on the board. I can now get the system to power up momentarily, but then shuts itself back off. I've looked at a ton of youtube videos that dont quite show what I need to know about voltages, resistance, etc between the parts and was hoping that someone on here had access to a spec sheet for the board with test points, values, etc, or knows where to get such an item.

JoannYoung

Feb 26, 2019
This is a great initiative that you are going with but for doing this I think one needs to be master in the electronic and understand the circuit part.
Well, I am here and also like to play video game series but simply used to play my games on the PC.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Learn by doing. I already resurrected one and am working on a 2nd. If I cant get it fixed, I'll use it for parts. Trying is the fun part, if it works when I'm done, that's just the gravy on top.

Mar 11, 2004
Have you checked out the Element 14 boards? That would be a much better resource for what you're looking for.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
No, I havent' Thanks for the tip, I will check them out at home.