Rep. Steve King Posts Violent Meme About New Civil War

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
1552888735642.png

Why any sitting Congressperson would post a meme about violence across the US is beyond me...

Does this guy even care about America?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This is part and parcel of the decades long hate and fear propaganda campaign the Repubs have been hammering into the heads of their loyalist base. Divide and Conquer "strategery" at its finest.

The Repub leadership cannot offer their working class constituency tax cuts comparable to what they gave the very wealthy. Nor can their leadership offer them an affordable health care program. Nor can their leadership admit to their hourly wage earners how their leadership have been very busy trying their best to take away their Social Security benefits and their Medicare/Medicaid and most other programs that provide for many of these folks essential gov't services that they need to survive at a humane level of existence.

What the GOP leadership have been very busy at is diverting their constituency's concerns away from these facts and have their followers focus on how "the evil immigrants invading the nation" will destroy their way of life and take things away that in all actuality their very own leadership is attempting to do.

Reactions: nickqt and feralkid

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
This is part and parcel of the decades long hate and fear propaganda campaign the Repubs have been hammering into the heads of their loyalist base. Divide and Conquer "strategery" at its finest.

The Repub leadership cannot offer their working class constituency tax cuts comparable to what they gave the very wealthy. Nor can their leadership offer them an affordable health care program. Nor can their leadership admit to their hourly wage earners how their leadership have been very busy trying their best to take away their Social Security benefits and their Medicare/Medicaid and most other programs that provide for many of these folks essential gov't services that they need to survive at a humane level of existence.

What the GOP leadership have been very busy at is diverting their constituency's concerns away from these facts and have their followers focus on how "the evil immigrants invading the nation" will destroy their way of life and take things away that in all actuality their very own leadership is attempting to do.
I'm ashamed to say but I was one of these useful idiots back in my 20's not withstanding that I am even back more aligned with Liberals then nearly anyone on the Right. Voted Republican and Libertarian due to more being a gun nut and a supporter of the "Free Market" then anything else.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Ah, the Mighty Heroes of the GOP. Gotta shoot all those kids in schools and colleges, gays and lesbians and transgenders, blacks, Mexicans, Mooslims and lib Jews, and what they can’t shoot, run over them with a car. Better shoot up PP and black churches, they get kind of uppity as well.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
So one side has ohhh 75% of the coutries GDP vs 25%? Feel free to take your half, well give it to you! And yes before anyone calls it out, that was a rounded guesstimate, but it isn't far off.

Did he take this down already? Think so, I cant find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickqt

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
View attachment 4345

Why any sitting Congressperson would post a meme about violence across the US is beyond me...

Does this guy even care about America?
Makes the case for why social media companies should do more. There is nothing wrong with the image itself. If anything, without commentary, it is a clever political cartoon.

The use of the image to advance irresponsible narratives and dog whistles is the problem.

Tweets like this should be banned, and it would not be a 1A infringement to do so. King should also face reprimand.

Reactions: Zaap

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It was always going to happen that one day Americans would wake up to the fact they have created a macho male culture that is designed to mask sexual insecurity and self hate and that as that conscious awareness spread, the most infected would start to see death coming and begin the peacock parade.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It was always going to happen that one day Americans would wake up to the fact they have created a macho male culture that is designed to mask sexual insecurity and self hate and that as that conscious awareness spread, the most infected would start to see death coming and begin the peacock parade.
It’s been coming like a freight train and it’s been wired into our culture for three generations now. It isn’t a political issue; it’s a cultural issue.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
8 trillion seems a tad low.

Let's assume it is. As the number in those red states that will take up arms isn't enough to use a fraction of those before dying it's not going to be of much use. Besides once you start shooting the gloves are off and you cowboys have to face things worse than bullets, and that is intelligence.

I take it you will be out there on the front line, lol.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Stupid is as stupid does. Most people who have weapons aren't going to shoot anyone like most Muslims aren't terrorists. There is a minority in each group and others who aren't quite right in the head and ultimately seek a place in the Annals of Darwin Awards Heroes, removing their genetic and social influence on the species. What we have is more people like IJTSSG who complain and push others out to the front line. "Patriots" like Trump who find a metaphorical heel spur but support the effort in words.

Those people seem to forget how a losing revolution goes after it's done. "I remember you, you wanted this mess". They cry for war or at least encourage it and then beg us for mercy. Thing is that even people who embrace mercy understand justice and when there is blood everywhere sometimes justice is incredibly harsh, even fatal. "Don't tread on me" is something these foolish types ought to remember came from people who were for the most part peaceful. If supporters of would-be tyrants strike then they will be met with reality and they will not like it.