Rep Anthony Weiner Gives Life to the House

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
waaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaah, my own stupid party can't pass legislation even though it has a big majority in the house! Quick, someone blame the republicans! :rolleyes: Quick, throw a hissy fit for the cameras!

From ironic idiocy to non-ironic idiocy. It's all still idiocy. Oh my gosh 12 Dems do wrong, that means any criticism of Republicans is baseless they get a free pass!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
listen to this guy here. god he makes my skin crawl.
he is the poster child of what is wrong with both parties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqprEihjXg&feature=player_embedded

He's what's right in Congress - what's right in the Dems, and missing from the Repubs.

The one thing I didn't care for was his cheap shot about 'Republic Party', to counter the cheap shot by many Republicans by using the wrong name 'Democrat Party'.

I'm not sure he needed to go to their level on that.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
From ironic idiocy to non-ironic idiocy. It's all still idiocy. Oh my gosh 12 Dems do wrong, that means any criticism of Republicans is baseless they get a free pass!

You just can't crasp reality can you. The republicans for all intents and purposes do not exist. The dems don't need a single republican vote. The blame is squarely on them, no matter what they do.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
You just can't crasp reality can you. The republicans for all intents and purposes do not exist. The dems don't need a single republican vote. The blame is squarely on them, no matter what they do.

You can't get a clue obviously. The dems might need 218 votes - whether it's the tiny last bit of their parties, or pretty much ANY of the Republicans.

I'll repeat it since you need it to be repeated obviously: The Republicans who all vote no are not let off the hook with a free pass because a tiny bit of the Democrats do so.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'll repeat it since you need it to be repeated obviously: The Republicans who all vote no are not let off the hook with a free pass because a tiny bit of the Democrats do so.

You continue with your problem grasping the obvious reality. The republicans are not part of the discussion at all -- their vote does not matter. If the dumbocrats want to pass the bill they can do it without the republicans.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010

I would say this has to be one of the worst posts I have seen, but there are far to many that I can't. So lets say you have just enough dems vs repubs to pass a bill. So your saying republicans should always vote no? The dems have to completely agree. Your "thinking" is exactly what is wrong with the system. Problem is simply how many of these idiots "think" everything is us vs them and we end up with the shit we see every day.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
You continue with your problem grasping the obvious reality. The republicans are not part of the discussion at all -- their vote does not matter. If the dumbocrats want to pass the bill they can do it without the republicans.

If Republicans vote yes, it passes. If they vote no, it doesn't.

I'd say that is a pretty good case their votes matter, apologist.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I would say this has to be one of the worst posts I have seen, but there are far to many that I can't. So lets say you have just enough dems vs repubs to pass a bill. So your saying republicans should always vote no? The dems have to completely agree. Your "thinking" is exactly what is wrong with the system. Problem is simply how many of these idiots "think" everything is us vs them and we end up with the shit we see every day.

No, you idiot. I said nothing about always voting "no". I said how they vote essentially doesn't matter since the democrats have enough votes no matter what they do. If they really want to pass something, they can. Trying to blame the republicans is just a diversion from their utter failure.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
No, you idiot. I said nothing about always voting "no". I said how they vote essentially doesn't matter since the democrats have enough votes no matter what they do. If they really want to pass something, they can. Trying to blame the republicans is just a diversion from their utter failure.

your logic is epic failure since the whole point was people should vote how they think not just on party lines. Apparently the dems did vote like this as some voted no. We need the party of no to become the party of "you betcha" :awe:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Wrong.

The democrats ...STILL trying to blame republicans because they can't get their party on the same page.

black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...black and white...dum dee dum dum dee dum.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
your logic is epic failure since the whole point was people should vote how they think not just on party lines. Apparently the dems did vote like this as some voted no. We need the party of no to become the party of "you betcha" :awe:

Right, some of the dems voted no, so they are to blame because the dems can't pass it, it's pretty simple really.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010

There votes obviously do matter this is the freaking point. I don't know how you can not understand this. There votes matter JUST as much as the democrats.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If Republicans vote yes, it passes. If they vote no, it doesn't.

WRONG. If the republicans vote yes, and the democrats vote no, it doesn't pass. If the republicans vote no, and the republicans vote yes, it passes. Their vote does not matter.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Did you miss the part where 12 republicans also voted "yes"? So apparently more republicans voted "not according to party line" than democrats. So, if the republicans are "the party of no", then the democrats are "the party of stupid".

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
There votes obviously do matter this is the freaking point. I don't know how you can not understand this. There votes matter JUST as much as the democrats.

I'm talking about casting blame. Each rep has a vote, but if the dumbocrats want to blame anyone for failing to pass the bill, they'd have to look to their own side because they could have passed the bill without any votes from the repubs.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Right, some of the dems voted no, so they are to blame because the dems can't pass it, it's pretty simple really.

EVERY fucking republican voted NO, only a FEW democrats voted NO. How did the republican votes NOT matter, if they voted the way they felt rather than along party lines there would have been yes votes from the republicans and it would have passed. This means that there votes DO matter. There are no two ways about it.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
WRONG. If the republicans vote yes, and the democrats vote no, it doesn't pass. If the republicans vote no, and the republicans vote yes, it passes. Their vote does not matter.

Wrong.

If the Republicans vote yes, given that most Democrats voted yes, it passes. If the Republicans vote no, given that most Democrats voted yes, it doesn't pass.

Their vote matters.

Regardless, even if their vote did not change the result, which it does, they're accountable.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
EVERY f**king republican voted NO, only a FEW democrats voted NO.

WRONG. According to the article 12 republicans voted "yes".

if they voted the way they felt rather than along party lines there would have been yes votes from the republicans and it would have passed.

First, logic fail on your part. If they all voted on how they "felt" instead of party lines, you're assuming there would be yesses. They could all have the same feeling about a bill. Fail.

Second, according to the article, there were 12 "yes" votes from the republicans. Fail again.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Wrong.

If the Republicans vote yes, given that most Democrats voted yes, it passes. If the Republicans vote no, given that most Democrats voted yes, it doesn't pass.

Notice how you had to put "given how most democrats voted" in there? In other words, the result is conditional on the dem votes. Conversely, the outcome is NOT conditional on the republican votes.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Notice how you had to put "given how most democrats voted" in there? In other words, the result is conditional on the dem votes. Conversely, the outcome is NOT conditional on the republican votes.

Yes, I had to put it there to correct your changing the actual situation to one that doesn't exist, back to the actual situation.

Notice how I addressed your imaginary situation as well in the next comment that you did not quote.

Notice how YOU had to change the situation to fit your point?

In this situation, if the Republicans yes, it passes. If they vote no, it doesn't.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
WRONG. According to the article 12 republicans voted "yes".

First, logic fail on your part. If they all voted on how they "felt" instead of party lines, you're assuming there would be yesses. They could all have the same feeling about a bill. Fail.

Second, according to the article, there were 12 "yes" votes from the republicans. Fail again.

So what is it there votes matter or they don't matter?