Rented Star Wars Episode 3

FrozenCanadian

Senior member
Dec 19, 2005
623
0
0
Anyone else think is a rather boring movie? Nice action scene at the beginning and I like Samuel Jackson's pretty purple Lightsaber but its still rather boring.

EDIT: Lego Star Wars game on PS2 gave me more entertainment.

EDIT Again: I also rented Madagascar (cuz the penguins looked cool in the commercial) is it any good?
 

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
11,491
2
0
Mace Windu died, therefore it sucked. You can't just kill off the only cool black guy (no, Lando was NOT cool, Lando sucked) in the damn movie!!
/thread
 

LASTGUY2GETPS2

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2004
2,274
0
76
In my book there are only three "Star Wars." The so called "Episode III" was the best of the three new atrocities.
 

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
44,303
15
81
Originally posted by: sheik124
Mace Windu died, therefore it sucked. You can't just kill off the only cool black guy (no, Lando was NOT cool, Lando sucked) in the damn movie!!
/thread

I've heard so many people say that Mace Windu was supposed to be this badass Jedi, but I don't think he ever actually DID anything badassed...
 

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
7,326
2
76
The acting in Episode III ruined it for me. It wasn't a bad movie, but with the acting, yeah...it was pretty bad.
 

FrozenCanadian

Senior member
Dec 19, 2005
623
0
0
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: sheik124
Mace Windu died, therefore it sucked. You can't just kill off the only cool black guy (no, Lando was NOT cool, Lando sucked) in the damn movie!!
/thread

I've heard so many people say that Mace Windu was supposed to be this badass Jedi, but I don't think he ever actually DID anything badassed...

His purple Lightsaber was badass LOL. To quote Family Guy though Samuel L Jackson is in everything.
 

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
28,799
359
126
episode 3 was definitly the best of the recent trilogy, and probably the most 'moving' of the entire series... the war scenes in episode 2 were the best war scenes from the entire series, and episode 1 was the worst of the entire series... 4,5,6 best overall of the whole series, but weren't as 'emotionally moving' as episode 3. the dark elements were really good, in my book.
 

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
11,554
12
81
Originally posted by: FrozenCanadian
Anyone else think is a rather boring movie? Nice action scene at the beginning and I like Samuel Jackson's pretty purple Lightsaber but its still rather boring.

EDIT: Lego Star Wars game on PS2 gave me more entertainment.

EDIT Again: I also rented Madagascar (cuz the penguins looked cool in the commercial) is it any good?

yeah its pretty boring.

I like it when he gets his legs chopped off and catches fire..

and the intro is pretty good. but overall it was a crapfest :)
 

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
33,415
7,480
136
Episodes 1-3 consisted of a ?oh pretty lightsabers? feeling, dialogue from a junior high, and plots that did anything to reach their end. I just can?t help but think Episodes 4-6 took themselves much more seriously. Then I remember the second half of Episode 6 and have to wonder about it some more?
 

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
13,518
42
86
Episode 3 was the worst of all. Sure I agree that Episode I was quite lame - but atleast it didn't screw up my perception of Darth Vador. Thanks to Ep. 3, Darth Vador is just a whiney little cry-baby.
 

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
28,799
359
126
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Episodes 1-3 consisted of a ?oh pretty lightsabers? feeling, dialogue from a junior high, and plots that did anything to reach their end. I just can?t help but think Episodes 4-6 took themselves much more seriously. Then I remember the second half of Episode 6 and have to wonder about it some more?

do realize it was actually george lucas who wrote the screenplay for and directed episodes 1-3. Episodes 4 and 5 did not feature screenplay by lucas, nor did he direct them. i believe he wrote and directed Episode 6 though. Sounds like you just don't like Lucas's handywork. Which i wouldn't blame him, he has that special ability to turn excellent actors/actresses into seemingly fresh out of highschool talent. and the writing, is as you say, somewhat immature in its style.

woops, correction: episode 4 (Star Wars) was written and directed by George Lucas, while Episode 5 and 6 he did not direct nor write the screenplay for. He wrote the story, but Episode 5 he had no hand in the screenplay, and was partially credited for the screenplay of Episode 6. hmmm
 

FrozenCanadian

Senior member
Dec 19, 2005
623
0
0
Star wars is finally done (thank god, I would have shut it off but I waited till the end to see if got better, it didnt). Just put Madagascar in. Seems my PS2 (only DVD player other than my comp doesnt like it).
 

FrozenCanadian

Senior member
Dec 19, 2005
623
0
0
Originally posted by: Baked
Madagascar sucks like Pam Anderson.

Don't know I can only watch it on my PC and I only have a 17" screen so thats a no go. I feel its a disgrace to my 32" Sony Trinitron TV if I watch it on my comp.