Renowned author: Obama wants military leaders who will fire on U.S. citizens

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Most of you are probably too young to remember the Kent State massacre. You know, where young college kids were killed by National Guard protesting Nixon's war in Cambodia.
Republicans have already sent troops to kill Americans.
On May 14, ten days after the Kent State shootings, two black students were killed (and 12 wounded) by police at Jackson State University under similar circumstances, but that event did not arouse the same nationwide attention as the Kent State shootings.[36]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings
Following the meeting Satrom made the decision to call (Republican)Governor Rhodes and request that the National Guard be sent to Kent, a request that was granted.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Good point, That POS had no evidence yet the media like the lapdogs they are just reported on it and trusted him

Harry Reid is the senate majority leader.

He can stand on his pulpit with any number of cameras and news outlets trained on him at any given moment recording his words, and reporting on those words.

Numbnuts in the article is someone that no one has heard of that needs to beg for exposure and attention to get anyone to pen a few words about him

huge difference.

but you're an idiot, so you probably can't distinguish that.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
OP: You demanded I "prove" that you are highly partisan. Let's label this thread Exhibit B. I'll be sure to label future exhibits as you post them.

Feb 10, 2000
OP: You demanded I "prove" that you are highly partisan. Let's label this thread Exhibit B. I'll be sure to label future exhibits as you post them.

This does seem like a strong example. I guess the OP would have us believe that it's newsworthy that some ultra-conservative websites are reporting that a heretofore-unknown author (who, by the way, was apparently suspended as a teacher for "abusing students physically, sexually, verbally, psychologically or emotionally" - http://research-china.blogspot.com/2010/08/jim-garrows-pink-pagoda-program_29.html) claims that an unnamed American military officer says something ridiculous about the President. I don't see how any of this is newsworthy.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
This does seem like a strong example. I guess the OP would have us believe that it's newsworthy that some ultra-conservative websites are reporting that a heretofore-unknown author (who, by the way, was apparently suspended as a teacher for "abusing students physically, sexually, verbally, psychologically or emotionally" - http://research-china.blogspot.com/2010/08/jim-garrows-pink-pagoda-program_29.html) claims that an unnamed American military officer says something ridiculous about the President. I don't see how any of this is newsworthy.

One guy doesnt mean much but when you look at the history of obama it makes more sense. He supported the NDAA which makes this claim a lot more likely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/03/ndaa-obama-indefinite-detention_n_2402601.html

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Provides what cover? I never said I believe this guy, so I've got nothing to cover. I'm quite sure though if we pull up the 'ol 'Harry Reid insinuated something and the Media and Lefties went into a frothing cum fest over it' thread, we'll find the usual cast of Lefties here of course taking Harry's side, and not saying, 'Well, wait now, just because Harry said it doesn't mean it's true. Shame on the media for even reporting it, given it can't be proven and could have some impact on current election events'. Given your level of partisan delusion, it's no surprise to see you post what you did in this thread. Just entertainment funny is all.

Chuck

Drag forth the threads about Reid & Romney's taxes, please! You'll notice that I didn't defend Reid at all.

If you're not using Reid as cover, why bring him up? Why harp on it even more?

Because you need the cover of Duh-version to maintain denial, resolve cognitive dissonance. You desperately want to believe the bullshit in the OP's link, although I doubt you'd admit to it.

Apr 27, 2012
Drag forth the threads about Reid & Romney's taxes, please! You'll notice that I didn't defend Reid at all.

Because you need the cover of Duh-version to maintain denial, resolve cognitive dissonance. You desperately want to believe the bullshit in the OP's link, although I doubt you'd admit to it.

But you will defend obama and his policies though which is just as bad

Interesting how you forget about obama and NDAA

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Kinda like when Joe Arpaio found himself under investigation he countered with Birtherpalooza...

The best defense is a good offense, right?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
But you will defend obama and his policies though which is just as bad

Interesting how you forget about obama and NDAA

And, uhh, what exactly has happened as a result of NDAA?

The short answer is zip, zero, nothing, nada, other than to fire the vivid imaginations of Teahadists & other wingnuts...

It's not like our previous President demanded legality in such matters, anyway. Recall Joe Padilla, held incommunicado in a military brig w/ great raving about a dirty bomb plot, pure fearmongering, ultimately convicted of plotting to recruit terrorists...

Apr 27, 2012
And, uhh, what exactly has happened as a result of NDAA?

The short answer is zip, zero, nothing, nada, other than to fire the vivid imaginations of Teahadists & other wingnuts...

It's not like our previous President demanded legality in such matters, anyway. Recall Joe Padilla, held incommunicado in a military brig w/ great raving about a dirty bomb plot, pure fearmongering, ultimately convicted of plotting to recruit terrorists...

So just because he hasn't used it then its alright?

So him murdering Awlaki must be alright with you then since he was a jihadist?

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
Looking at all the shooting incidents in America he don't need the military. The civilians will do that.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999

Ahh, the ol 'cognitive dissonance' throwout. Was waiting for that one. Why bring him up? Simply because I thought it funny he did precisely the same thing and at a much more inappropriate time, and I knew little Lefties like you would be in here sooner or later. And, ya'll didn't disappoint! :thumbsup:

P.S. What took you so long to respond? You went and scrubbed the Reid thread, didn't you... :D Jhhnn Jhhnn Jhhnn...so so predictable...