Renaming MP3's ........................ Resolved .

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Let me start out by saying I'm very surprised that many that use Napster do not know when they rip a song WHO the ORIGINAL ARTIST is . I've seen some bad examples .

I have a few MP3's that need to be renamed but cannot just go into Win Explorer & rename them , for it says they may become unstable & such if you change .

The problem I'm having though is not the name of the song but the ARTIST ................ I found a way to change the name of the song but do not know how to change the ARTIST .

I have Media Jukebox ........... Any way to change both the name of the song & artist without corrupting anything ?

I swear ............. only children use Napster (10-20)

mastaki11a

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2001
I think they did that to get around the barring of songs from napster...well anyway, so they can still share copywrited songs

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Remember, "Pink Floyd" is banned, but "Pink Flyod" or "Pink Floyed" are good "substitutes". ;)

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
To let everyone know , I understand the all of the things going on with Napster but this is diff.

How to change the ARTIST back to original when you have the downloaded song ??

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's a good idea to download high bitrate MP3s...people who make those usually know what they're doing. I never accept anything under 256Kbps, and always get 320Kbps if possible. If I have to settle for 192Kbps, so be it....but i won't be happy! ;)

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Whatever is seen when you pull it up in Winamp .

It looks as though it's a named correctly in Win. Explorer but when you pull it into Winamp , it's name changes .

Example / Win Explorer ........ Beat it - Michael Jackson

Example / Winamp .............. Beat it - GLoria Estefan

How do I get the name correct in Winamp ............... Thanks Pilgrims .

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, can't you just load the files in your winamp playlist then right click the song, go to File Info and edit the ID3 tag?

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Well I have to thank "werk" ........... ALSO "kami" for the information on the "HOW TO"

Thanks Pilgrims ;)