• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Removing unwanted "pieces" from my DVD rips

Maiyr

Sep 3, 2008
Hi all,

So I have been enjoying adding my DVD/BluRay collection to my hard drive and streaming to my TV. Great stuff! Question about rips though.

I like the way AnyDVD preserves the VIDEO_TS structure of the DVD so that you can basically watch the streaming content from your hard drive just as if you had inserted the DVD into a player. I also like what MKV does by giving you the option to remove specific audio tracks, etc, when ripping to MKV. The issue I have is that I would like to do what MKV does, allow the removal of certain "pieces", but keep the format of the VIDEO_TS like AnyDVD does. Is there anything I can use after I use AnyDVD that would then go in and detect and just remove selected items from the VOB files?

To date I have only started doing my DVD collection and have not yet gotten to my Blu-rays so not sure if this applies to them or not.

Thanks,

Maiyr

Last edited:

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I use DVDFab to do exactly what you are asking about and in the 5 years of so I have been using it I have not found a disc DVD or Blu-Ray that it won't copy.

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
MakeMKV will work on DVDs as well as BR, or so I hear. However, if you already own AnyDVD, I find that my old copy of DVDShrink works really well with AnyDVD to give me a single, uncompressed .mpg file. Then I like to run it through Handbrake and cut 'em down to about 2GB .mkv or .mp4 files.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS