Removing MKV file title information

Oct 29, 2015
Hi everybody,

Wondering if anyone knows of a utility I can use to remove the title information from an MKV file in bulk?

I have some episodes of a show that I'm trying to get caught up on, on my phone using VLC (Joys of having a toddler). The issue I'm have is that rather than VLC showing the file name (Episode 1: The beginning) it lists them by the title the encoding program gave it (Encoded by mini-encoder). This makes it rather hard to keep track of which ones I've watched.

Current the only utility I have come across that can edit this information is MKVToolNIX. It does work for what I want to do, but it is a rather slow process. I have to open the file, remove the title, and mux the file. This is done one file at a time and creates a new copy of the file.

I'm hoping there is a faster way to do this without making new copies of the videos, like the way MP3Tag works.

Thanks in advance

Oct 29, 2015
Ah I see where your talking about, I'd been in there before but couldn\t get the clear information to stay. Just found it under the header editor menu at the top and save.
Thank you

Elizine

Aug 15, 2015
bodhost.com
In Windows Explorer select all the video files you want to modify.
Right-click one of them and choose Properties.
Select the Details tab.
Click the Remove Properties and Personal Information link.
Choose what you want to remove and hit OK.