Removing a Hershey's Kiss wrapper without destroying it

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
I'm trying to make some personalized Hershey's kisses for valentines day, but the damn foil seems to disintegrate when I try to take it off the chocolate. Tips, ideas?
 

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
13,141
138
106
The pull tab rips it in half, silverpig. You gotta untwist it and slowly peel it down and away.
 

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 9, 1999
50,422
8
81
It's hard.. I've tried before also..
 

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
6,063
0
0
I do this every time I have those damn kisses. I avoid them like the plague because it brings the worst out in my OCD. Any small chocolate with foil wrappers, but kisses are the worst..... :3
 

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
uh, just wrap it with new foil.
I was thinking about this. Seems like the best option at this point. Even being extremely delicate, I destroy 4\5 wrappers.
 

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
4,602
0
76
Put your index finger flat on the bottom and put your thumb on the side. With some slight pressure squeeze the kiss out of the foil. Works all the time for me.
 

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
16,930
7
81
I always try to do that.. Hershey's Kisses, Rolos, Dove chocolates, etc. I always try to flatten out the foil and make it shiny too.
 

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
Originally posted by: moshquerade
alright... forget the hershey's kisses, get some hershey's nuggets. they are so easy to personalize.

example
Not as cool as the replacement paper slips I'm putting in mine. Plus I'm replacing one of them with a ring, and hersheys nuggets aren't exactly ring shaped. ;)
 

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
7,671
1
0
The way I usually open kisses is by putting my hands on the bottom and side of the kiss, then pulling the wrapper off by applying pressure with my fingers. It just slips right off in a clean thing of foil.
 
Dec 27, 2001
11,272
1
0
Hello, 911?! Yeah my girlfriend is choking on a 2 1/2 ct engagement ring hidden in a Hershey Kiss. Yes, I did think it was romantic. No, I never thought it was tacky.....women like awkward attempts at being creative, right? Huh? Oh, apparently she likes to pop them in her mouth whole and unwrap them with her tongue........which actually explains a lot, but anyway. No, she's not a fatty. Why chocolate? Oh, you're asking why a bag of cheap chocolate instead of some nice stuff? Well, originally I was going to use those creepy M&M people--probably a yellow one--and have it holding the ring. I was going to hide it in the glove box of my car and when she got in I was going to ask her slyly to get me something out of it like the manual or something and she'd have seen it and been all delighted. But I couldn't get it to hold the ring, it kept slipping down th arm so it looked stupid. Listen, can you just hurry up and send those paramedics. No, not a new boyfriend, just a paramedic will be fine. Oh, it's a package deal. Hmm. Wait! Ok! She caughed it up! I'm just scraping it up off the floor from the pool of vomit that accompanied it and will brush it off a bit before slipping it on her finger. Yes, I agree, she is a very lucky woman. Uh huh. You too. Bye.
 
Feb 19, 2001
20,158
20
81
Originally posted by: manowar821
I do this every time I have those damn kisses. I avoid them like the plague because it brings the worst out in my OCD. Any small chocolate with foil wrappers, but kisses are the worst..... :3
Oh yeah and then you wanna try again right? I do that too. You try until you get it, then once you get it, you want to eat more, and justify that because you already opened so many trying to get the perfect undamaged foil wrapper, so you just indulge yourself in more and then you realize the bag is empty... shit.
 

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
29,582
11
76
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Hello, 911?! Yeah my girlfriend is choking on a 2 1/2 ct engagement ring hidden in a Hershey Kiss. Yes, I did think it was romantic. No, I never thought it was tacky.....women like awkward attempts at being creative, right? Huh? Oh, apparently she likes to pop them in her mouth whole and unwrap them with her tongue........which actually explains a lot, but anyway. No, she's not a fatty. Why chocolate? Oh, you're asking why a bag of cheap chocolate instead of some nice stuff? Well, originally I was going to use those creepy M&M people--probably a yellow one--and have it holding the ring. I was going to hide it in the glove box of my car and when she got in I was going to ask her slyly to get me something out of it like the manual or something and she'd have seen it and been all delighted. But I couldn't get it to hold the ring, it kept slipping down th arm so it looked stupid. Listen, can you just hurry up and send those paramedics. No, not a new boyfriend, just a paramedic will be fine. Oh, it's a package deal. Hmm. Wait! Ok! She caughed it up! I'm just scraping it up off the floor from the pool of vomit that accompanied it and will brush it off a bit before slipping it on her finger. Yes, I agree, she is a very lucky woman. Uh huh. You too. Bye.
Funny. :D But not an engagement ring. I am teh homo remember?
 

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
11
56
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: moshquerade
alright... forget the hershey's kisses, get some hershey's nuggets. they are so easy to personalize.

example
Not as cool as the replacement paper slips I'm putting in mine. Plus I'm replacing one of them with a ring, and hersheys nuggets aren't exactly ring shaped. ;)
alright.. keep them in mind for party favors at your wedding. i've made them up for wedding receptions, birthdays, anniversary parties, graduation parties, etc.
always get compliments. :)
 

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
27,709
11
81
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Hello, 911?! Yeah my girlfriend is choking on a 2 1/2 ct engagement ring hidden in a Hershey Kiss. Yes, I did think it was romantic. No, I never thought it was tacky.....women like awkward attempts at being creative, right? Huh? Oh, apparently she likes to pop them in her mouth whole and unwrap them with her tongue........which actually explains a lot, but anyway. No, she's not a fatty. Why chocolate? Oh, you're asking why a bag of cheap chocolate instead of some nice stuff? Well, originally I was going to use those creepy M&M people--probably a yellow one--and have it holding the ring. I was going to hide it in the glove box of my car and when she got in I was going to ask her slyly to get me something out of it like the manual or something and she'd have seen it and been all delighted. But I couldn't get it to hold the ring, it kept slipping down th arm so it looked stupid. Listen, can you just hurry up and send those paramedics. No, not a new boyfriend, just a paramedic will be fine. Oh, it's a package deal. Hmm. Wait! Ok! She caughed it up! I'm just scraping it up off the floor from the pool of vomit that accompanied it and will brush it off a bit before slipping it on her finger. Yes, I agree, she is a very lucky woman. Uh huh. You too. Bye.
Funny. :D But not an engagement ring. I am teh homo remember?
A Hershey's kiss is a bit small for a cock ring...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY