Removal of lead from one's body?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: goku
Is there a way to remove lead from one's body? Can lead be magnetized? I'm just wondering cause if there was a way to remove lead from one's body, would the effects of lead poisoning go away?

There are natural substances that can help the body remove excess heavy metals. One cheap one that works fairly well is Chlorella. It's basically a large chlorophyll supplement. It helps oxygenate the body and leads to more internal cleaning.

Dessert Tears

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2005
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Also had circuit board repair school and we went over lead safety again.
You can get lead poisoning just by soldering.
If you hang you head right over the smoke you will inhale tons of the stuff eventually.
It seems that you were educated on this point specifically, but I read that consumer-level soldering irons aren't hot enough to vaporize lead - the smoke that comes off is the flux burning. I need to look into whether this is Internet "reasoning" or backed by fact.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Flatscan
Also had circuit board repair school and we went over lead safety again.
You can get lead poisoning just by soldering.
If you hang you head right over the smoke you will inhale tons of the stuff eventually.
It seems that you were educated on this point specifically, but I read that consumer-level soldering irons aren't hot enough to vaporize lead - the smoke that comes off is the flux burning. I need to look into whether this is Internet "reasoning" or backed by fact.
Well, we dont use rosin core in the Navy (and rarely acid core), and I always got plenty of smoke even when I forgot to use flux.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: confused1234
i thought this was a serious thread, until i saw that goku made it

Right because you know, a n00b such as your self should be taken far more seriously than me.. :roll:

considering all parties involved, yeah, i think he should be taken far more seriously than you

someone should start one of those online petitions to ban goku, let everyone here get a chance to sign it, and send it to the mods.

edit: lol, nm, it appears he was already banned. anyone know if it was forlife or just a vacation?

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Is there a way to remove lead from one's body? Can lead be magnetized? I'm just wondering cause if there was a way to remove lead from one's body, would the effects of lead poisoning go away?

All of your posts suddenly make sense. :Q