remote that controls my TV, stereo, Xbox, etc.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: akubi
Originally posted by: Don Rodriguez
550 and 659 are for poseurs and wannabes. buy the 890 or 1000

You are pretentious, need I start to explain why again?

Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot how sensitive you are.

oh my, did I just hit a nerve? that was uncalled for :eek:

"I could care less about you thinking I'm pretentious, you have proven enough to me already that you care well beyond comparison what I think of you by posting here. i have brought the hate out in you, all too easy! " -Don Rodriguez

I find your lack of linking skills disturbing.

cheesehead

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
550 and 659 are for poseurs and wannabes. buy the 890 or 1000

You are pretentious, need I start to explain why again?

Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot how sensitive you are.

oh my, did I just hit a nerve? that was uncalled for :eek:

"I could care less about you thinking I'm pretentious, you have proven enough to me already that you care well beyond comparison what I think of you by posting here. i have brought the hate out in you, all too easy! " -Don Rodriguez

I find your lack of linking skills disturbing.

/force choke (akubi)

You really need to chill out. The so-called "poser" remotes are fine, I'd guess, for relatively simple setups, and they're likely inexpensive on eBay.

Besides, if I build a remote control, it's going to be through serial IR from a PalmPilot. Cheaper, easier (touchscreen FTW!), and much more convenient.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I'm still waiting for a deal on a Harmony remote which is best suited for DVR's and takes alkaline batteries.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Click

Boy I could've certainly used a "universal remote to control my universe" this week.