Remembering John Ritter: Anybody ever see Skin Deep? [spoilers]

Dec 27, 2001
I saw it on TV a couple years ago around 3:00 AM in the morning and was laughing out loud...which I seldom do during movies...especially comedic ones.

Overall, it was probably a C- movie, but there are some scenes that are amazing performances by Ritter. After breaking up or getting in a fight with his nurse girlfriend at her place of work, she straps him down and gives him shock treatment. Ritter's character then tries to walk down four flights of concrete stairs with his muscles still spasming. He finally makes it down to the parking garage and, still suffering from the currents of electricity that had been flowing through his limbs, he gets in his car and tries to coordinate stopping infront of the teller and reaching out an arm to pay for his stay. It was a scene that would have looked stupid if done by pretty much anybody but Ritter. He played it reserved rather than flambouyant (like a Jim Carry type would have done) and there was a genuine look of desperation on his face throughout and it was that which made it so funny.

Of course there's the scene with the glow-in-the-dark condoms that WILL make you laugh. He also takes a female body-builder home for a one night stand.

Anyway, just thought I'd suggest this movie as a semi-decent comedy but a great example of Ritter's work.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
I heard howard stern this morning and he was said exactly what I thought when I heard ritter died:

Why does everybody think he's the greatest actor/physical comedian ever? I mean I feel sorry that he died, three's company was a good show but he was hardly a great comedian.

Dec 27, 2001
Did Howard Stern also say anything about how some people post completely irrelevent replies on message boards?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I laughed my ass off when I saw that Condom scene! Somehow I don't think he was involved with that scene physically unless you think he and the other actor were running around with Dayglo Condoms on their woodies

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Did Howard Stern also say anything about how some people post completely irrelevent replies on message boards?

not that I recall, I only listen for 20 minutes on my way to work...

:D

hawkeye81x

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2001
Nope.

The only John Ritter movie I ever recall watching was Panic, which was a fine film also starring Neve Campbell and William H. Macy.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: hawkeye81x
Nope.

The only John Ritter movie I ever recall watching was Panic, which was a fine film also starring Neve Campbell and William H. Macy.

i saw stay tuned. that wasn't bad.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Parts of that movie cracked me up too. Another movie I remember him being in that I thought was good was Hero at Large. I think that I had a crush on Ann Archer after seeing that movie..........