Remember when Obama sent Iran $400 mil via plane?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Remember how butt-hurt conservatives and GOP were at Obama for trading Iran’s own money for prisoners?

Well, Trump is apparently looking to extend a $15 billion line of credit for...get this...resigning the Iran nuclear deal that he blew up in the first place!

No wonder Bolton was fired.

#winning

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wow if that actually happens. wowwowwow.

But no way it will happen-Coulter and Hannity would be apoplectic over the phone, and once again do the presidenting for him by making actual policy decisions for Hair Orange Puppet.

but lol if it does somehow happen: talk about best deals. Best result would be watching the actual physical explosion of millions of deplorable heads across the country, including our resident idiots.

Only a guy like Trump could turn a 400 million dollar treaty into a $15 billion dollar one. ..but I mean that's his life history of repeated failure and, once again, it's not his money. It's our money. Like he gives a shit.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Haha and the money Obama sent was theirs.

Who's $ does Heir Trump want to use?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
$15 billion is cheaper than day 1 of any war.

...and that would be the argument in defense of such a deal, if it ever happens. Lol--Dude makes war an actual possibility when it never was before, claims to stop it by spending nearly 40x the amount of the previous non-war deal. The repeated dumpster fire of incompetence that is this puppet presidency.

lol.

Reactions: JSt0rm
Mar 11, 2004
You know, its like every single damn day that I think "nothing Turmp could do would shock me any more" and then the fucker finds a way. What in the fuck?

Now I know how all the old people feel when people are like "why the fuck was sexual harassment and assault so accepted?" and their only response can be a shrug and shake of the head answer of "it was a different time."

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Awesome. We're paying $15B to buy back into a deal we had at a worse position.

Who knew international nuclear diplomacy could be so hard?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I see he's also backpedaling on the China tariffs. Somebody must have seen the recent poll numbers and started freaking out.

I guess those "internal poll numbers" Trump cites must not be not as "amazing" as ever.

PresidentPAB lying again. Shocking.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Unless I missed something, it doesn't say anything about the US re-signing. What it says is that the $15 billion line of credit is to get Iran to comply with the agreement, which remains in effect because there are other signatories. All of which means that Trump never really opposed that deal. He lied when he said he thought it was a bad deal. He only pulled us out because conservative voters didn't like the agreement, because Hannity and Fox News lied to them about it over and over again. But Trump seems interested in reconciliation with Iran, which is in part why he fired Bolton. One of the few things he's done that I agree with.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unless I missed something, it doesn't say anything about the US re-signing. What it says is that the $15 billion line of credit is to get Iran to comply with the agreement, which remains in effect because there are other signatories. All of which means that Trump never really opposed that deal. He lied when he said he thought it was a bad deal. He only pulled us out because conservative voters didn't like the agreement, because Hannity and Fox News lied to them about it over and over again. But Trump seems interested in reconciliation with Iran, which is in part why he fired Bolton. One of the few things he's done that I agree with.

While I definitely agree with his desire to avoid war with Iran the only reason we are in this situation is because Trump pulled out of the deal to begin with. So basically we're paying a whole bunch of extra money to Iran to get what we already had.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
While I definitely agree with his desire to avoid war with Iran the only reason we are in this situation is because Trump pulled out of the deal to begin with. So basically we're paying a whole bunch of extra money to Iran to get what we already had.

Most definitely. Like I said, he did it to appease his base who had been listening to bullshit from people like Hannity over Iran and the agreement for a couple years before 2016. All of which bullshit had nothing to do with the merits of the agreement itself, and everything to do with the fact that it was Obama who closed that deal. So he aped Hannity's BS about the agreement, then pulled us out of it when he got into office in order to appease that base. Yet Trump doesn't want war with Iran but instead would rather steal Obama's credit for being the peacemaker. So now we're starting from square one again in that process.

But all of this dishonesty and political nonsense isn't nearly as bad as it would be if Trump agreed with the likes of Bolton. Where Trump is only half terrible on an issue, that's about as good as it gets.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Most definitely. Like I said, he did it to appease his base who had been listening to bullshit from people like Hannity over Iran and the agreement for a couple years before 2016. All of which bullshit had nothing to do with the merits of the agreement itself, and everything to do with the fact that it was Obama who closed that deal. So he aped Hannity's BS about the agreement, then pulled us out of it when he got into office in order to appease that base. Yet Trump doesn't want war with Iran but instead would rather steal Obama's credit for being the peacemaker. So now we're starting from square one again in that process.

But all of this dishonesty and political nonsense isn't nearly as bad as it would be if Trump agreed with the likes of Bolton. Where Trump is only half terrible on an issue, that's about as good as it gets.

I am very glad that he appears to have resisted Bolton's warmongering, yes. Of course why he hired Bolton in the first place is baffling, considering it's not exactly a secret that Bolton has never found a problem that he couldn't solve by bombing a few Middle Eastern countries.

This is basically the one aspect of Trump's presidency I agree with - he appears generally uninterested in getting the US into foreign wars. Well, he did offer to invade Venezuela that one time, but still.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I wouldn't put much credibility behind any of it. Trump is apparently trying to back away from the posturing w/o losing face. Dunno that such a thing is possible.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I wouldn't put much credibility behind any of it. Trump is apparently trying to back away from the posturing w/o losing face. Dunno that such a thing is possible.

Of course it’s possible. They’ll just lie that the new deal is better than Obama’s and the Iranians will go along with it since it’s true for them.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I am very glad that he appears to have resisted Bolton's warmongering, yes. Of course why he hired Bolton in the first place is baffling, considering it's not exactly a secret that Bolton has never found a problem that he couldn't solve by bombing a few Middle Eastern countries.

This is basically the one aspect of Trump's presidency I agree with - he appears generally uninterested in getting the US into foreign wars. Well, he did offer to invade Venezuela that one time, but still.

Congratulating Trump on resisting a famous warmonger that he hired has to be one of the lower possible bars for executive competency but here we are I guess.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Congratulating Trump on resisting a famous warmonger that he hired has to be one of the lower possible bars for executive competency but here we are I guess.
Everybody knew that Trump would get rid of Bolton! After all Trump is a coward and wants no part of a war!!!! Yet getting rid of Bolton was a good thing, even though it was for the wrong reasons!! It`s hard to be a coward these days!

Last edited:

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
We'll just rename it the US Iranian Neculear deal... Just like nafta 2.0. Cancel it, redo it with little to no changes and take credit! So much winning.

Feb 4, 2009
If Iran was smart they’d simply wait until the Presidents last year in office and say.
Lift sanctions and give us 5 billion and we will give you a 1 billion contract to build a wall anywhere you want once you are back to being a businessman.