Remember when apps were measured in kilobytes?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Pepridge Farm remembers.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...-in-the-android-market-weighs-a-whopping-1gb/

When a quality game hits the Android Market, we can’t stay quiet. When a game that comes with over 1GB of data hits the Market, we absolutely have to give it a mention, especially when it is exclusive to Android and is a high quality English version of a Japanese Tactical RPG.

This 1GB monster brings you soundtracks (52 of them), high resolution graphics, cut-scene videos, 84 different characters, and 100s of hours of gameplay. What kind of gameplay? It’s best to take a look at the demo video and screenshots, then cough up $14.40 for the game, and give it a go for yourself.

Note: The 1GB of data is downloaded after you install the game and goes to the SD card, not internal storage.

Should be noted that the 1GB is going to the SD card, but damn, thats a big install. I imagine the quantity going to the internal storage isn't exactly small either.

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
Guess you can't get a refund on it either since no way you're done downloading in 15 minutes. Still pissed at Google for that.

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
I remember being in a Mac shareware club in San Diego, we would get a floppy or two loaded with stuff every couple weeks. I also remember I had Doom 2 on SEVEN floppy disks :p

Then again our first hard drive was 40 megabytes.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I remember being in a Mac shareware club in San Diego, we would get a floppy or two loaded with stuff every couple weeks. I also remember I had Doom 2 on SEVEN floppy disks :p

Then again our first hard drive was 40 megabytes.

I am sure there are others who can beat me, but my first computer had a 10mb hard drive.

And my first copy of MS Word came on 12 floppy disks!

Damn kids! Get of my lawn!!!

MotionMan

Jun 18, 2000
Japanese RPG's have had countless unnecessary video cutscenes since the day before forever. No surprise it's the first 1GB mobile game

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
I am sure there are others who can beat me, but my first computer had a 10mb hard drive.

And my first copy of MS Word came on 12 floppy disks!

Damn kids! Get of my lawn!!!

MotionMan

I bought Windows 95 on floppies. What a fucking mistake that was.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I bought Windows 95 on floppies. What a fucking mistake that was.

LOL. I had that, too, but I do think I ever actually used those disks. Word, on the other hand, I installed many times. What a PITA.

MotionMan