Remember the woman trying to get internet people to pay off her credit card debt?

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Yeah?

Well, these guys have the right idea:

Dont Save Karyn

The original Karyn has had book deal offers now as well.

ARG! People are so stupid to support her in any way.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
This has inspired us to create our own website...Don't Save Karyn dot com! We too are Internet panhandlers, but unlike Karyn and the guy who comes up to you on the street about how his car broke down and he has no money for gas, we make no pretenses...if you give us money, in the true spirit of Karyn, we are going to waste it all on stupid stuff!

lmao

-=bmacd=-

TitaniumJohnson

Feb 26, 2002
D@mn! Wish I had come up with this scam! Would help pay off this $85,000 of school debt I have hanging over my head. Oh wait, that's right....part of getting the degrees (B.S. and M.B.A.) is PAYING FOR IT!

Anyone, I mean ANYONE, who has donated to this leech deserves to be hung by their toenails and forced to listen to this biatch laugh in her Guici glasses and silk dress, because you can bet to HELL she's still buying stuff.

TJ out.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
My wife showed me the website one day. Hey, I can't blame the woman, Karyn, for asking. It's one of those why didn't I think of that, "please help me pay off my 6figure mortgage debt so I can live happily ever after".

I really think her numbers are fake, kinda like an empty tip jar doesn't get filled as quickly as one with some 'starter cash'. But, I'm sure she's gotten some donations... she claims like $2700 worth. Ugh.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
all that website is doing is getting her more publicity. There's no such thing as bad publicity, to quote the cliche.

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
A little internet sleuthing via checking registration of the domain name reveals address of registration.

Entering the address of savekaryn.com's registration and "karyn" in a yahoo search result turns up some interesting stuff... (originally posted, but removed now based on my own discretion)

The address and name both match........ :eek:

I suspect she's either got major issues, or she's a major attention whore or quite possibly in an extremely rare circumstance its just a coincidence.

ys

Oct 10, 1999
21st Century beggar begs money via Internet instead of getting sympathy on streets. She's just an evolved beggar. :cool:

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001

hmmm, her site just reinforces that old view: all women being money hungry bitches.

how about we start a site: pimpkaryn.com
i'm willing to lend my services in pimping that whore.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Yeah?

Well, these guys have the right idea:

Dont Save Karyn

The original Karyn has had book deal offers now as well.

ARG! People are so stupid to support her in any way.

People are stupid for really caring what she does or what other people do with their money. :)

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Now what if I sent you guys a short story or something through email each day....would you help me pay for my debt...

$1 max!!!

I just hate people around me!!

smp

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Buddhist
A little internet sleuthing via checking registration of the domain name reveals address of registration. Entering the address of savekaryn.com's registration and "karyn" in a yahoo search result turns up some interesting stuff... (originally posted, but removed now based on my own discretion) The address and name both match........ :eek: I suspect she's either got major issues, or she's a major attention whore or quite possibly in an extremely rare circumstance its just a coincidence.

I just checked it out and I don't really know what you're saying .. the two domains are registered to different people .. I was under the impression that you were saying that Karyn made both sites .. which doesn't seem to be the case .. did I misunderstand you or something?

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
uhm the geocities site would be under a different registrant... geocities. :p

but the webpage "transexual refuge" is managed by a karyn who lives at the same address of the savekaryn.

coincidence maybe, i dunno.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Buddhist
uhm the geocities site would be under a different registrant... geocities. :p

but the webpage "transexual refuge" is managed by a karyn who lives at the same address of the savekaryn.

coincidence maybe, i dunno.

muuuuahahahaha. someone email this little info to the guys at "Don't save karyn". i bet they'll have a blast with it.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Originally posted by: astriy
I wish I could punch Karyn in the face right now :|

Let me know when you are finished because I want to kick her in the ass.

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001
This is the first I've heard of this. All I can say is the only people more stupid than that woman is the people sending her money.

Idiots :|

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE SICK PEOPLE?
Sarcastic? Yes. Cynical? Maybe. Ironic? Of course. But sick? OK, we'll accept that one too.

I think I like those guys :)

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
lol! This is the first I've heard of the Savekaryn.com website. I don't get it, what is the big deal?

She doesn't give anyone some sob story in an attempt to get money, she basically comes right out and says she managed to get herself in debt because she bought anything and everything she saw and wanted, and the nature of her explanation is a 'mea culpa', not attempting to mislead anyone by telling some horrible story about her childhood or something.

She does mention that she lost her job and was unemployed for 4 months, but she does NOT blame her debt on that. In fact, she admits she racked up her debt BEFORE losing her job, she just states that being unemployed for 4 months made it more difficult to pay her debts.

Sure, its an electronic form of beggary, but at least she isn't rubbing dirt all over her face and putting on torn clothes to make herself appear desperate or something. She is essentially saying "Hey, I need some money to pay my bills. If you will send me a contribution, great! If not, that's great, too!"

However, the creators of Don'tsavekaryn.com cannot claim to be as honest:

"Don't Save Karyn dot com! We too are Internet panhandlers, but unlike Karyn and the guy who comes up to you on the street about how his car broke down and he has no money for gas, we make no pretenses...if you give us money, in the true spirit of Karyn, we are going to waste it all on stupid stuff!"

Bob and Ben engage in a bit of dishonesty in comparing Karyn's request for money with a street panhandler who DOES try to solicit money with some 'sob' story which they imply is false. Karyn explicitly states the opposite!

Q: HOW COULD YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO SUCH A "PIG WALLOW?"

A: Again another good and well-worded question. I just couldn't stop buying things. It's as simple as that. I'm going to be honest here... I wasn't out saving the world. I was just at Bloomingdales.

Q: DO YOU EXPECT US TO PAY ALL OF YOUR DEBT WHILE YOU SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING?

A: No I do not. I am simply asking you to help if you can. If you can't - no big deal.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
but the webpage "transexual refuge" is managed by a karyn who lives at the same address of the savekaryn...coincidence maybe, i dunno.
Hmmm...

Savekaryn.com

Save Karyn
360 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217

And yet the person who maintains the 'Transexual Refuge' page at Geocities lists California-only information:

Los Angeles and California Resource Page

Clubs & Nightlife
Clubs, Restaurants and More!
From Mexico to Redwood City - they are out there!

Transgender shopping, salons and more...For those in California who need supportive merchants to consult

Los Angeles Nightclubs
Places where it is safe to get out for those who need to keep a low profile!
Now why would someone who lives in Brooklyn maintain a list of night clubs not in New York, but a couple thousand miles away in California?

I've looked over the entire sight and I can find no contact information for Karyn of 'Transexual Refuge' except an email address, which is not the same email address used by Karyn of 'Savekaryn.com'.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Ok, I found it now. hehe, how much is a sex change operation these days? $20,000?

Save Karyn
360 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217

From Karyn's Transexual Refuge:

To contact the network, contact Emily Rizzo c/o
Brooklyn PFLAG
360 Atlantic Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11217