Remember the famous AC-130 Gunship footage? This one ain't for the squeamish either

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Antoneo
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Ime
After that gunfire sound, the pilot says something about the laser rangefinder. The first volley might have gone wide of the target.

Yep, they were having issues with the automatic rangefinder. Listen closely and you hear him yell "Fvck!" :D

Originally posted by: Mookow
I love how at the end of the article they say that the 30mm is the smallest weapon the Apache carries. Because I can just see some hippie complaining about it... and then next time the Apache pilot attempts to use a Hellfire as an antipersonnel weapon.

Hey, I said that in the other thread. ;) And a Hellfire is an AA weapon, so that's a little overdoing it. Ripping off half a Hydra-70 M255E1 FFAR missile pack would suffice. (That's the AP flavour of Hydras, containing over 1000 60gr flechettes per warhead.)

- M4H
How the hell do you know so much about everything? :confused:

Not everything - just stuff that goes boom.

Who wants a homemade flashbang? :D

- M4H

do you have "Soldier of Fortune" ads? :)

Feb 24, 2001
Seen some Vietnam footage on the History Channel before with a guy piloting a Cobra gunship coming up on some guys in a river. You can hear the guy talking and as he's strafing the guys in the water he's making a "buda buda buda" noise like a machine gun into the mic. Gotta get detatched from the reality of it somehow I suppose.

huesmann

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: Eli
There are many aspects of the military I would enjoy. But being on the delivery end of a gun isn't one of them. :)
I'd rather be on the delivery end than on the receiving end... :)

huesmann

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Seen some Vietnam footage on the History Channel before with a guy piloting a Cobra gunship coming up on some guys in a river. You can hear the guy talking and as he's strafing the guys in the water he's making a "buda buda buda" noise like a machine gun into the mic. Gotta get detatched from the reality of it somehow I suppose.
You gotta admit though, it's funny.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: huesmann

It was effin' hysterical actually :p

MournSanity

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: huesmann

It was effin' hysterical actually :p

Vids?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Come on guys, you're slipping. The intelligence was right in front of you. No one noticed the tube was hot???? :confused:

Obviously they just recently fired it off and they were tracked to that position. They just didn't happen to come across this little "Pow wow".

Yum, did somebody say Hamburger :D

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
The voices sound so detached and emotionless.

"Roger--He's wounded."

"Hit him."

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well in a country chock full of those shoulder fired anti air rockets... i'm sure u'd pick off the guys as fast as possible too:) both the apache and ac130 are slow and low flying.

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Pastfinder
Anyone know where I can save those files to my HD?
Look in your internet temp files folder--sort it by date or size--I'm sure you'll find it. It was 4761 KB, called "224Helicopter_Kills.mpeg"