Remember the famous AC-130 Gunship footage? This one ain't for the squeamish either

FreshCrabLegs

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2003
Official Redacted Statement. (Politically Correct)

My heart goes out to those in the 4ID in Tikrit.

Unadulterated thoughts...

...Proud to be an American.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Based on DanTMWTMP's reaction, I must watch this.

Edit:

:Q

Damn...

Not a job I would want to have.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli

Edit:

Damn...

Well, what do you think the military does? It doesnt go overseas to build rock gardens and flower beds. They go to seek out and destroy the enemy. And enemy usually means people.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Shockwave

Edit:

Damn...

Well, what do you think the military does? It doesnt go overseas to build rock gardens and flower beds. They go to seek out and destroy the enemy. And enemy usually means people.
Duh.

And I said it's not a job I would want to have.

:p

Daaavo

Platinum Member
May 23, 2000
Has anyone been able to make odds or ends of what is on that video? I mean, obviously it's three guys being killed, but what the hell are they doing? What the the hell is the rata-tat-tat right at the beginning? What was the second guy killed doing? It looks like he's trying to unwrap something. Was there been any commentary on what the video consists of?

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Daaavo
Has anyone been able to make odds or ends of what is on that video? I mean, obviously it's three guys being a killed, but what the hell are they doing? What the the hell is the rata-tat-tat right at the beginning? What was the second guy killed doing? It looks like he's trying to unwrap something. Was there been any commentary on what the video consists of?

I have a distinct feeling they were running for an rpg or some sort of shoulder launched SAM. Either that or they were calling HQ to say "we're gonna get torn into hamburger in a few seconds..."

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000

Edit:

Damn...

Duh.

Ah, ok. Personally, I'd love to be on the fun end of that gun. It'd be like Counter Strike...Only, like, real. And without flashes or AWP'ers. Yeah.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999

Edit:

Damn...

Duh.

Ah, ok. Personally, I'd love to be on the fun end of that gun. It'd be like Counter Strike...Only, like, real. And without flashes or AWP'ers. Yeah.
Until reality struck and you realized there was no "restart" key. :p

But I digress. There are many aspects of the military I would enjoy. But being on the delivery end of a gun isn't one of them. :)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Daaavo
Has anyone been able to make odds or ends of what is on that video? I mean, obviously it's three guys being killed, but what the hell are they doing? What the the hell is the rata-tat-tat right at the beginning? What was the second guy killed doing? It looks like he's trying to unwrap something. Was there been any commentary on what the video consists of?

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/US/apache_video_040109-1.html

read.

the real media file is longer:p

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000

Edit:

Damn...

fear america and random reasons for war

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
I love how at the end of the article they say that the 30mm is the smallest weapon the Apache carries. Because I can just see some hippie complaining about it... and then next time the Apache pilot attempts to use a Hellfire as an antipersonnel weapon.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Hm, I was expecting something like Full Metal Jacket. Who was the gunner talking to anyways?

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: OulOat
Hm, I was expecting something like Full Metal Jacket. Who was the gunner talking to anyways?
Command?

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Anyone have any idea how far away the Iraqi men are from the AC-130? Just wondering if these guys knew they were being watched or could hear the helicopter above.