remeber that cracked coolant hose? It's actually the water pump :(

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Ok, so, I go to look at the thing in bright light today, to fix it, turns out that I dont have anything wrong with my hoses. My water pump just blew up. If you fill the car up w/ coolant, it just leaks out the bottom of the pump....

Sucks.

So, I'm going to replace the pump, and while I'm at it, put in a high performance radiator and a new thermostat. I have to buy those tomorrow.

Here's pics of what I did after I figured out what was wrong with it: PIC1 PIC2

Can you beleive I'm doing all this in a dorm parking lot? There's car parts all over my room now....

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Probably means the internal bearing went bad. Thats where the weep hole came from, so people could tell before the belt locked up.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
dude, this just happened to me too.........i was like 30 minutes from my house and dorm and i was picking up a friend on mine. I get off the exit ramp to the expressway and i smell S$$T. I turn down the stereo and see smoke, i pull over immediately and when i do the car stalls and it gushes out the antifreeze.

I'm in a "bad bad" neighborhood, and i have no cell phone. Cant afford one, but i got AAA now :). So i call my friend, and she is scared to come get me b/c of where i am. Finally she comes and i leave my car, not by choice but it was 1am.

I replaced every hose possible, and it was the damn water pump. Oh yea did i tell you i almost seized my engine too b/c i didnt hear the pump blow? My stereo was too loud. <stupid kids> lol

by the way is that a 5.0 mustang??? lx?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

<< I replaced every hose possible, and it was the damn water pump. Oh yea did i tell you i almost seized my engine too b/c i didnt hear the pump blow? My stereo was too loud. <stupid kids> lol >>

Water pumps don't (usually) blow out like a tire. Keep your stereo loud - just be aware of your temperature gauge - it is the best indication that something is wrong with your cooling system. :)