Religious people, would you be offended if I had this on my vehicle?

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Say I had this on my vehicle (or as a bumper sticker):

text

Would you be offended? Would you think I shouldn't have it on my vehicle?

Btw, I'm talking about the "Darwin Fish" not the "Toyota" part :)

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
How many HP is that good for?

Viper GTS

I don't think it adds any, but it could take some away if someone took offense and slashed my tires :)

thereds

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2000
I think it is about time that people are left to practice their beliefs and if they want to share their views, they should do so in a civil manner.

No one should force anything be it a belief or a view on anyone.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
I got one of those on my refrigerator..nobody seems to mind...

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Why should I be offended? Just because you have that ornament on your car doesn't make it true and it doesn't mean that I have to believe in evolution while completely abandoning my relition.

The choice on what you believe is yours and yours alone to make, just as I alone have my choice to make.

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Why do you care what Religious People think? I would be more tempted to put it on there if the poll turned out the other way.

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: ness1469
Why should I be offended? Just because you have that ornament on your car doesn't make it true and it doesn't mean that I have to believe in evolution while completely abandoning my relition.

The choice on what you believe is yours and yours alone to make, just as I alone have my choice to make.

wth is relition?

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Stefan
Say I had this on my vehicle (or as a bumper sticker):

text

Would you be offended? Would you think I shouldn't have it on my vehicle?

Btw, I'm talking about the "Darwin Fish" not the "Toyota" part :)

Remember most Christians find no conflict between Evolution and the creation story.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
Why do you care what Religious People think? I would be more tempted to put it on there if the poll turned out the other way.

Because he's afraid of some whacko slashing his tires. I don't blame him. I don't put any religious or political statements on my car. It's not worth it.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I dont care what religious people think. I care about what my girlfriend thinks. She thinks that people at her church will be offended if I have the sticker on my vehicle. I rarely go to church (I havent gone in a few months), but I think it's silly to not have it on when 90% of the people dont care. I shouldn't not do something because a few people in a crowd of many dont like it.

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002

I dont care what religious people think. I care about what my girlfriend thinks. She thinks that people at her church will be offended if I have the sticker on my vehicle. I rarely go to church (I havent gone in a few months), but I think it's silly to not have it on when 90% of the people dont care. I shouldn't not do something because a few people in a crowd of many dont like it.

You shouldn't not want to not put the bumper sticker not on your car ok!?

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
You big wuss, put it on your car. I was expecting a "I hate religious people" sticker or something more inflamatory than a little darwin fish.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: oniq

You shouldn't not want to not put the bumper sticker not on your car ok!?

I shouldn't keep the sticker off my vehicle because a few people dont like it. (better? :))

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Doesnt bother me.... of course your poll will be skewed since non-religious people have to vote one way or another just to see the results... Moron!

gordy

Jan 26, 2003
as an aside, why is it that every offensive driver i've seen has the regular fish on their car? .. ironic...

as another aside: a diesel badge is an excellent theft deterrant and a heck-uv-alot cheaper!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Jzero

Because he's afraid of some whacko slashing his tires. I don't blame him. I don't put any religious or political statements on my car. It's not worth it.

What gets me, are the rocket scientists that have a giant pot leaf decal on their back window with a bumper sticker that says "Smoke the Sky". If that isn't big huge flashing sign that says "PLEASE PULL ME OVER AND SEARCH MY CAR!!!!!" I don't know what is.

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
When I was in England, I saw a biker with one of those on his motorcycle, except that it read SATAN inside the fish thing.