Reliable/Trustworthy E-tailers

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hello,

We all know and love Newegg, but recently they've been jacking the price of the E8400 everyone wants, which I understand.. but they've also been running out of stock like crazy. My wishlist at one point had 6 items listed as out of stock at the same time. At this rate I'll never be able to get my new PC up and running..

So, I'm asking for alternatives. The main thing besides the E8400 is that the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev B is out of stock virtually everywhere. I managed to find a site called NCIXUS.com and it is apparently the American branch of ncix.com, dubbed the newegg of Canada. It has most things I need in stock at lower prices than Newegg, although most of that savings is wasted because of their high shipping costs, but they do have the E8400 and Accelero S1 (supposedly) in stock. I just don't know how good they are. I've googled a few reviews and it's a mixed bag. Most users complained that the site would show items in stock until you actually made a purchase, at which point it would tell you it was on backorder, but charge you for it anyway. If they really are reputable though (and I mean the US division, not the Canadian one) then I'd end up saving (overall) only $6 as opposed to ordering everything from Newegg due to ncixus's high shipping costs, but I wouldn't have to wait on Newegg to restock (currently ETA on Accelero S1 is March 4th on the egg...) Newegg is still the tried-and-true way though, we all know it works, they just need to have the stock..

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 30, 2004
nothing you can't find without the help of froogle + bizrate.

Zipzoomfly, mwave.com to start; I usually stay with them. As you'll see if you go with the cheaper/more poorly rated companies you can get burned.

Stay away from NCIXUS, they take forever to get the product from their shelf into the hands of Fedex. (For instance 6 of their business days from the time I clicked order to the time it was picked up by Fedex). Also good luck calling them on the phone, and I had to RMA a graphics card with them which they cross shipped; it arrived at their place Feb 4th; and I just got an email Sunday (that's 2 days ago from the date of this message for those of you reading later) that they had recieved my RMA and would be processing it. They're clearly in no hurry to credit my $240 back.

By cross shipping they mean I buy a second card, they ship it to me, and then I ship back my first card and once they've received it and processed it I get my money from the 2nd card purchase back.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply,

ZipZoomfly was one of the first places I checked, and I also checked mwave. Unfortunately, niether of them even carry the Accelero :(
That pretty much confirms the reviews of ncixus though.. They appeared to be decent for Canadians, but their US division seems to be less than astounding.

I also checked HeatsinkFactory, FrozenCPU, SidewinderComputer, and SVC but they all either don't carry it, or don't have it in stock..

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks, that is the one I was looking for. I checked before and they were out of stock, or they were more expensive than Newegg, but $4 isn't much as long as they have it in stock. The thing that worries me about SVC is the reviews. Recent reviews seem to indicate SVC is hit or miss. Some people get what they want quickly, other people get screwed over with no response from SVC.

I'll try checking those other 4 places though..

agathodaimon

Jul 11, 2005
Originally posted by: DarkRogue
Thanks, that is the one I was looking for. I checked before and they were out of stock, or they were more expensive than Newegg, but $4 isn't much as long as they have it in stock. The thing that worries me about SVC is the reviews. Recent reviews seem to indicate SVC is hit or miss. Some people get what they want quickly, other people get screwed over with no response from SVC.

SVC is good. I've probably placed ~6 orders with them and have had a problem ONCE.
They accidentally labeled my order as "pick up" rather than shipping it out.
Since they are in Silicon Valley, and I am in Nebraska, this wouldn't work. hehe...

I ended up having to cancel the order because I needed the power supply I ordered basically the day it was "supposed" to be delivered.

The guy who helped me via email was fast, courteous and handled my order cancellation without any problems.

accguy9009

Oct 21, 2007
The vendors listed above are good choices. Always check

http://www.resellerratings.com...cycle_SVC_svcompucycle

before buying from a vendor you are unfamiliar with. I had never ordered from buy.com before but I recently ordered a power supply on a Friday night and had it delivered on Tuesday with free budget shipping. I like Newegg as much as the next guy but it kills me that so many people just buy from them without checking prices from the vendors listed above and the many other good ones out there.

accguy9009

Oct 21, 2007

Originally posted by: agathodaimon

SVC is good. I've probably placed ~6 orders with them and have had a problem ONCE.
They accidentally labeled my order as "pick up" rather than shipping it out.
Since they are in Silicon Valley, and I am in Nebraska, this wouldn't work. hehe...

I ended up having to cancel the order because I needed the power supply I ordered basically the day it was "supposed" to be delivered.

The guy who helped me via email was fast, courteous and handled my order cancellation without any problems.

http://www.resellerratings.com...cycle_SVC_svcompucycle

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Well, a big reason for ordering from Newegg is because they have a wide selection. I can pick and choose to get the same parts on different sites for the cheapest possible but shipping from 8 different vendors pretty much kills any savings there.

I looked through all the suggestions so far, but SVC is still the only one that has the Accelero in stock it seems. Buy.com is a good alternative place to buy the P182 though, 137 with free shipping, cheaper than Newegg's 150 with free shipping, unless they can manage to put up another MIR quick. This thing is brutal on shipping as most places charge 40-80 bucks to ship it. Unfortunately Buy.com doesn't have the Accelero S1.

I did check resellerratings.com for SVC and while their overall score is decent, it's the most recent reviews that trouble me.
That URL isn't formatted correctly btw, but the page is over here.

accguy9009

Oct 21, 2007
Well, a big reason for ordering from Newegg is because they have a wide selection. I can pick and choose to get the same parts on different sites for the cheapest possible but shipping from 8 different vendors pretty much kills any savings there.

I looked through all the suggestions so far, but SVC is still the only one that has the Accelero in stock it seems. Buy.com is a good alternative place to buy the P182 though, 137 with free shipping, cheaper than Newegg's 150 with free shipping, unless they can manage to put up another MIR quick. This thing is brutal on shipping as most places charge 40-80 bucks to ship it. Unfortunately Buy.com doesn't have the Accelero S1.

I did check resellerratings.com for SVC and while their overall score is decent, it's the most recent reviews that trouble me.
That URL isn't formatted correctly btw, but the page is over here.

What I am trying to say is even including shipping you can often find "certain" items shipped for less money than on newegg. Browse at the egg, pick out your stuff and then buy it from a quality vendor who has the best price shipped. However if you are not that concerned about saving a few bucks here and there just grab it at the egg. I have ordered many times from them, always had a good experience. I just prefer to save some $ when I can but that is just me. If I see something I need on sale (cheaper shipped than on Newegg) at Frys, Microcenter or ClubIT, etc., I order without any remorse for not having ordered it from Newegg. I have never had a problem from SVC but I do not think they are the fastest shipper when you use the least expensive shipping option which I tend to do unless I have to have it ASAP. Good luck with your IT purchases :thumbsup:

erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
It's worth noting the recent reviews - anyone remember Monarch? The troubles with them were pretty obvious to anyone following along.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Originally posted by: erwos
It's worth noting the recent reviews - anyone remember Monarch? The troubles with them were pretty obvious to anyone following along.

What happened to Monarch? (I assume you mean MonarchComputer?)
I ordered several parts from them about 5 years ago when I built the rig I'm using right now.
I was pretty surprised when I tried to look them up when I thought about upgrading to my next rig and finding out they didn't exist anymore.

Accguy, thanks for your input on SVC. I don't have a problem ordering from elsewhere besides Newegg, it's just that sometimes the shipping fees negate the lowered cost of the part, which makes it not very worthwhile.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
NCIX is very good, but they are Canadian, so yes, it's going to be slower for shipping to the US.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: erwos

Just the most recent two, but yeah I know what you mean. Check out NexFan ratings. They used to be a near 10/10 rating, but are tanking hard now. Unfortunately I purchased from them a few months ago... in the hands of my CC company now.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
n7, NCIX is the Canadian branch though, I was referring to NCIXUS - the American branch of the company. While it should still be the company, often different branches can provide very different experiences.

Zap, I'm sorry to hear about that, I guess we consumers can never guess when a company is going to start going under. I hope your CC company helps you get everything sorted out.

My friend also has dealt with SVC in the past and says he had no problems, so maybe I can try them.. only going to purchase 2 things, keep it small so I don't lose much if things go awry. Still, if there's a better place, I'd love to hear it.

agathodaimon

Jul 11, 2005
I wonder what is going on with SVC?
I would get orders shipped the same day, get the item in two days.
Maybe they are either hiring a bunch of illegal immigrants who don't know what they are doing, or the company is going down the tubes.

Other places I've ordered from are:
Jab-tech.com
sidewindercomputers.com
frozencpu.com

All good experiences.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Unfortunately, both Jab-Tech and Performance-PCs are out of stock on the Accelero. The others I've already checked lol.
This thing seems about as hard to get as an E8400 right now.

BOLt

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2004
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
nothing you can't find without the help of froogle + bizrate.

Zipzoomfly, mwave.com to start; I usually stay with them. As you'll see if you go with the cheaper/more poorly rated companies you can get burned.

ZZF and mwave are awesome.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
I've ordered from ZZF before (Back when they were still GoogleGear) but unfortunately they don't have the Accelero in stock. I don't think mwave does either, although most people say it's a good place otherwise.

DarkRogue

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hahaha, I find ebay hard to trust. It's too easy for people to rip off other people. Even if the seller has 90000 feedback with 100% positive, you never know when they'll start down the path to the dark side...