Relative intelligence of pop stars

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Interesting study on the intelligence of pop stars. :)

And with the proliferation of teen bands popping up every year to live out their fifteen minutes of fame, soiling our artistic unconscious, we decided to conduct a test to better determine just which teen band lowers our standards the most. We organized our test by carefully analyzing the lyrics of four popular "artists": The Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. We analyzed the lyrics using criteria such as average word length, percentage of unique words, and for the appearance of overused words such as "Baby", "Love" and "Heart".

Click here

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It really doesn't mean too much though, since none of them even write their own music anyway.

[edit]

HAHAHAHA, the e-mails were pretty funny. :D

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Relative intelligence of pop stars or the idiots who actually enjoy and buy their CDs?

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You must admit that the studio guys with the 200 track mixer do a great job of making these loosers sound good for their cd's

convex

Banned
May 24, 2000
i think the inte<edit>l</edit>ligence lies in the advertising agencies and genius agents ;)

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
That was pretty funny. I got a laugh. Even funnier was that I was listening to Dark Side of The Moon when I was checking it out.

Those emails were real funny :)

late.

TDP

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
&quot;Intelligence&quot; and &quot;Pop Stars&quot; are mutually exclusive.

It makes as much sense as &quot;Jumbo Shrimp&quot;.

Unfortunately my daughters are right in the middle of the Pop Star wave so I must suffer a little.

raptor13

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Meaning or not, it's DAMN funny! Especially the letters to/from Amy #6, whoever that is. :D

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, the responses were hilarious.

I also wanted to state that it is a pleasure to talk to an adult about this matter, since most teen band webmasters tend to be teenagers and children. It is so rare to come across a grown individual who not only enjoys listening but actually runs a website dedicated to a children's band. I know a lot of people who liked teen idols but eventually got a respectable jobs, got into a real relationship and eventually grew out of their pre-pubescent crushes. So your dedication is to be commanded.

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
I think that all of the &quot;artists&quot; listed (cept Pink Floyd) suck anyays mainly because most of them don't even write their own music. That is sad...

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Madonna's IQ has been measured at a little above 130. That means she could get into Advanced Placement/Gifted down here. :)