Refurbished title: "Holy Mega Pixels [Batman]!" []=superhero of choice

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
First, don't ask why I was at kodak.com

Don't ask why I was looking for cameras at all.

So you think you are so high now that you have that 4, or perhaps 6MEgapixel camera, eh?

check this outFriggin' 16MEGAPIXELS!!!!!!!

And that is nothing

Appearantly a company by the name of Faveon(sp?) won the best of show for their new method of capturing the picture. Appearantly it does not use the CCd mehtod and instead captures the whole picture immediately...I think it then does the RGB process as a whole, not seperately

What is astonishing is that their technology can scale to 300MEGAPIXELS...yeesh....

boy am I glad I didn'y buy that Canon rebel at the pawn shop the other day

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Yeah that Kodak is also about $83,000.00. Too expensive for my blood.

The Foveon X3 is a major break through in CCD technology. It dramatically reduces the amount of artifacts because it does not capture using the Mosaic pattern (3 pixels per shade), it layers its capture into one pixel, essentially trippling the image quality in the same space. I can't wait for the conversion kit for my camera (if they make one). It will be awesome.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
I changes the title for all you naysayers:D

:p Just trying to help :) It's an awesome technology, and deserves some attention from these boards. I think a lot of people would be interested.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
I guess that no one cares... Huh.. .I would have thought differently, especially with all of the "My Camera is better than yours" threads.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I actually saw it in a photo magazine
rolleye.gif
was bored and needed something to read during lunch

rolleye.gif

<----why does he keep rolling his eyes?
Catarax?!?