Refurbished IPOD

Jeffwo

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2001
Been considering an IPOD (Video) and noticed ALOT of refurbs.

Are these like refurb hard drives or should I just leave em alone?

TIA,
Jeff

ahfunaki

Nov 27, 2005
I have a 30GB video that I bought as a refurb directly from Apple and I don't regret it one bit. Came just as new minus the fancy package. Definitely worth the savings...

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Also note that the refurbs come with the same 1-year warranty as a new one, AND you can purchase the Applecare Protection Plan on it as well.

2canSAM

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
I have bought 2 "refurb" nano from Apple and have not had issue one with either.

Jeffwo

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2001
Originally posted by: intogamer
Refurbs from Apple FTW

FTW? Man....you can tell I don't spend enuf time on the internet...LOL

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FTW may refer to:
For The Win (Internet slang)

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
Buying a refurb from Apple is almost like buying a new iPod. The faceplate, backplate, clickwheel... essentially any external component is replaced with brand new components (so it looks new) and it comes with a 1 year warranty as well.

You'd be stupid not to! (they also replace whatever component was causing the original issue, usually hard drives)

hydroponik

Oct 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Paulson
Buying a refurb from Apple is almost like buying a new iPod. The faceplate, backplate, clickwheel... essentially any external component is replaced with brand new components (so it looks new) and it comes with a 1 year warranty as well.

You'd be stupid not to! (they also replace whatever component was causing the original issue, usually hard drives)

What about the earbuds? Slimy used earbuds ftl...