Refurb WNR3500L 802.11n router ~$36 FS @ Newegg

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by VirtualLarry, May 3, 2012.

1. VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry Lifer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833122462

Don't know much about these, other than they support open-source firmwares too. (The "L" at the end of the model name means the Linux model, as well as indicating a specific revision of the hardware that works with open-source firmwares.)

2. SunRey

SunRey Platinum Member

Thank You!

3. holden j caufield

holden j caufield Diamond Member

are the refurbs from newegg/netgear reliable?

4. WT

WT Diamond Member

Got one of these from Fry's as a refurb at the same price about 3 years ago and its running very well. As noted, its open-sourceable, best bet would be Tomato, but do keep in mind that there are three models of this router, 3500L, 3500Lv1, 3500Lv2.

DO NOT flash the wrong one or you now have a wireless brick.

5. adairusmc

adairusmc Diamond Member

I used one of those routers for a long time with DD-WRT on it, and it worked great. I only recently upgraded it to an Asus N66U, but the WNR3500L is a great router, especially at that price.

6. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

7. VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry Lifer

You missed my other Hot Deals thread, that I posted around the same time as this one. It was only $20.

Anyways, that's a good router too, I'm running three of them in WDS mode right now.
    Edit: (That's with DD-WRT installed. The factory firmware for the V1 model has a poor-man's WDS mode too, but it only supports WEP and NONE encryption, which wouldn't do for me.)

However, it's somewhat luck of the draw with that one, if you can run DD-WRT, since it is only supported on V2 currently, and there are three different hardware revisions, and you don't know which ones Newegg will send you. I lucked out with four V2s, but some people have said that they are now shipping some V3s out, so good luck.