*refurb* Logitech super slim illuminated keyboard; $30

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
http://www.cowboom.com/store/productDetails.cfm?contentID=578606

Mine will be here tomorrow. Will report back if it does have any blemishes or physical defects.

For $30 it was worth taking the chance for me.

Pics:
IMG_20100802_194447.jpg

Last edited:

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I got a new one off of Amazon recently for around ~45 after rebate. It's an awesome keyboard.

PC911mickster

Apr 11, 2001
Scored one of these at the recent Logitech open box/refurb event for about $36 w/shipping included...it was brand new
Installed it on my wife's business system Saturday and she is raving about it...she loves it
When they go on sale again at the Logitech site or Amazon I'll score one for me

Last edited:

bullbert

May 24, 2004
OP, this is definitely not a Refurb. It is described as Used/Pre-owned.

This retailers sells
*New Items
*Refurbished Items, with A-B-C grading scale
*Pre-owned Items, no grading scale

Just buyer beware.

Waiting for the next dented box sale directly from Logitech, or the next B&M blowout sale would most likely be the better option.

Last edited:

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
OP, this is definitely not a Refurb. It is described as Used/Pre-owned.

This retailers sells
*New Items
*Refurbished Items, with A-B-C grading scale
*Pre-owned Items, no grading scale

Just buyer beware.

Waiting for the next dented box sale directly from Logitech, or the next B&M blowout sale would most likely be the better option.

Cowboom is BestBuy's clearance site. I've ordered from them a few times and even though the site says its pre-owned, everything has been just like new.

I'll post pics tonite when I get home.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I have one of these and it's awesome.

Same here.

The only thing I'm concerned with is random junk that gets caught in the keyboard (I have the nasty habit of eating at my desk). Regular keyboards are easy to pop off the keys and clean, but these slim keyboards are the scissor style keys which are much harder to take off.

TecnoFormula

Jul 2, 2010
Great deal...hope it's in top shape...

If anyone doesn't want to to take a chance, this Keyboard is also on sale in Best Buy stores this week for $54.99 - quite a nice price...

onza

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
reviews.ragingazn.com
I've purchased from cowboom - for their wrt54g's wifi routers... for some odd reason they come SUPER dusty lol.. so beware of that otherwise looked new.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Cowboom is BestBuy's clearance site. I've ordered from them a few times and even though the site says its pre-owned, everything has been just like new.

I'll post pics tonite when I get home.

Yeah, there was a deal around Christmas last year where they were selling refurb T-Mobile WRTG54 routers for like $5 a pop. I bought two - one for my parents who didn't have a wireless network and one for myself and both work great.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Just got her opened up and am trying it now. I like the travel and the backlight of the keys.

Came packaged in original box with all accessories. Once again....1000% happy with Cowboom.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
anyone else order this? I'm wondering if I was the only one who got a brand new one.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I'm pretty tempted since my HTPC needs a keyboard, and I just really like the sleek look of this one. Not really an ideal fit, but good price.

dave1543

Jun 13, 2010
Once in a while Fry's has this keyboard on sale, been as low as $29.99 I picked one up when it first came out and it's a very nice keyboard. I would
reccomend it highly.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I've had this for a year, and I love it - my favorite keyboard ever. Very comfortable to type on because of the "laptop-style" key travel, great to use when gaming in the dark, and a darn good looking slab of plastic for the desk.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
BeastBuy's outlet on eBay has these go for as low as 20.00 shipped. Most have been going for between 20 and 25 shipped.

edit:
They are considered "used".

Last edited:

syswalla

Dec 16, 2009
Just got my keyboard today and by all appearances it's brand new! Still had all the factory sealed wrapping around the keyboard and the usb cord. Didn't look like the box had ever been opened.

It's a *great* keyboard. Nice key action and very quiet. Illumination has three levels of adjustment plus "off". It's a very nice looking keyboard with a clean, sophisticated appearance.

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
I take that back, I believe you can't strafe and jump if you use WASD for direction and space for jump

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Yea, I considered this keyboard as my main KB for my desktop earlier but it's not particularly successful when it comes to NKRO which is a bit of a hassle for games. Other than that, I think it's a great 'mainstream' use keyboard.