Refurb HP TG01-0023w Pavilion Gaming Ryzen 5 3500 3.59GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB $459 shipped

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Ordered 2 by mistake because the site was so slow I didn't realize the first went through. Just after the second order must have made it through the listing disappeared.

Hoping for the best, otherwise return is how I will go.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What to do with a 3200G rig with a 1TB HDD? Hopefully the mobo will take an NVMe and the BIOS doesn't cripple the slot.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Shows a refund pending for my Paypal for my ebay purchase from VIPOutlet. I see this as a Good Thing.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Aw bummer, I was hoping you guys were going to get some kickass machines for under $300
NOPE! Same old, same old, VIPOutlet. :(

At this this time around, they were nice enough to do a refund, before shipping them out. Realizing the P.R. hit that they would take if they shipped them, I guess.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
I got a tracking number.
It will be here Friday.

So... the listing we all recently purchased has been changed to what the UPC indicated it would be all along (3200G/8GB/1TB Spinner). I wish you the best in getting the 3600 and the 1650 Super!

FWIW, the older listing we all bought earlier is back in stock with 512 GB SSD and $525 price. ~$480 with the 10% off coupon. Kinda meh deal but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ $270 was way better :D

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
0Zris87R8W-N1iDFbJcbf7PPAozvXxViMeUtznWfA46b9aKfMqq1AQ8UiwaPLATU-ktFi479vRSWkgP0coI7JIy2bh_hjC9D5C4ieEuwAqBiRoikqvFpo_twlvfDh77zR6WFoA_X1m7OiDgP80uGIfzdlClUIW9nb0badPcR5zvE2Tu6JnasZKkL3kn_oioYRDfyt6JzOTQh2AHMjVeFRY5-FLgfYCGc6pt65cXvjUeKXLVTuSTjHmGeIoH6=s0-d-e1-ft
This is what the order just said they shipped. If it's not what is in the box, it's going back. We will see.

HP tg01-0023w Pavilion Gaming Ryzen 5 3600 3.59GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 10 Home Black
Qty:

Reactions: blckgrffn
Feb 4, 2009
So... the listing we all recently purchased has been changed to what the UPC indicated it would be all along (3200G/8GB/1TB Spinner). I wish you the best in getting the 3600 and the 1650 Super!

FWIW, the older listing we all bought earlier is back in stock with 512 GB SSD and $525 price. ~$480 with the 10% off coupon. Kinda meh deal but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ $270 was way better :D

kickass and congrats

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
I did get my daughter a cyberpower pc from vipoutlet with decent specs and a 1660 for like 750. She loves it.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Now I am wondering if the Ryzen 3600 I have will boot in this thing. Only one way to find out.

Reactions: blckgrffn

Alforowl

Jul 14, 2021
Hey everyone! I just discovered this pc and was curious if you guys knew when was the last time Vipoutlet had it in stock? Also are they also selling it at that super high 700$ price point on their website?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Hey everyone! I just discovered this pc and was curious if you guys knew when was the last time Vipoutlet had it in stock? Also are they also selling it at that super high 700$ price point on their website?
Last time they ran a hot deal was on July 2, if someone verifies they received it. I have no idea what other prices they listed it at besides the ones cited in this thread.

Reactions: Alforowl

jiffer

Sep 14, 2007
I haven't kept close tabs on their stock, but I can tell you a little about the history of this deal. It started out at a lower price earlier this year (perhaps February) and the price and specs have fluctuated a bit. Sometimes the units are "Certified Refurbished" (in which case they might never have been used at all) and sometimes they're listed as "Grade A" (which usually means they have some signs of wear). VIPOutlet also sells the same units on eBay and Walmart Marketplace. If you look at the listing at Walmart's website, sometimes Walmart is the seller and sometimes VIPOutlet is the seller. Other sellers have the same unit either new or refurbished at much higher prices. The original units were equipped with a 256GB SSD but now the specs say they have a 512GB SSD. As you see in this message thread, last week VIPOutlet mixed up one of their listings on eBay with a less expensive PC and had to cancel a lot of orders. Who knows how many they have in stock now.

I can't resist throwing in my two cents. The Ryzen 5 3500 is officially rated at 65W TDP but programs such as HWMonitor consistently report that it actually consumes about 88W under full load. The GeForce GTX 1650 Super is rated at 100W TDP. Personally I don't have faith in this PC to keep itself cool enough. I've never even seen the power supply fan spinning. It sounds like many of us purchased a unit or two to swap out the processor and video card with an APU such as the Ryzen 3 3200G or Athlon 3000G (or whichever specific unit is supported). The case, power supply and cooling fans can handle that, and in my opinion it's much more appropriate.

Alforowl

Jul 14, 2021
Oh interesting! Thanks to the two of you for responding so quickly, I honestly thought it would take a lot longer lol. Hopefully they do restock soon! Also if they did would you guys recommend I order it off the VIPOutlet website? From what I read, you get a 10% coupon if you do so.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Oh interesting! Thanks to the two of you for responding so quickly, I honestly thought it would take a lot longer lol. Hopefully they do restock soon! Also if they did would you guys recommend I order it off the VIPOutlet website? From what I read, you get a 10% coupon if you do so.
I ordered from the website with the 10 percent.

Reactions: Alforowl

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Did you get the hot deal? I was rooting for you.
Funny you should ask that because just tonight I was telling Usandthem
that they pulled the package just as it was supposed to get to me today.

Ihe unit was supposed to get to me on Friday 7-9. I guess that's when they printed the label on 7-4.
Friday delivery got changed to Saturday because I guess it was transferred to Fedex ground in Kansas City.
Sat came and went (I saw it was still in Kansas on Fri night) so I actually didn't expect it Sat.
They sent a new update saying it would be here Monday, which was still fine.
Monday I got the email update saying it would instead be here Tuesday.
Then 5 minutes later, another email stated that the package was in Sacramento
and was being redirected back to VIP out let.

Yep I got the shaft on this and I see they still have my CC charged from Feb 5th or 6th.

Never again with these assholes.

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Funny you should ask that because just tonight I was telling Usandthem
that they pulled the package just as it was supposed to get to me today.

Ihe unit was supposed to get to me on Friday 7-9. I guess that's when they printed the label on 7-4.
Friday delivery got changed to Saturday because I guess it was transferred to Fedex ground in Kansas City.
Sat came and went (I saw it was still in Kansas on Fri night) so I actually didn't expect it Sat.
They sent a new update saying it would be here Monday, which was sill fine.
Monday I got the email update saying it would instead be here Tuesday.
Then 5 minutes later, another email stated that the package was in Sacramento
and was being redirected back to VIP out let.

Yep I got the shaft on this and I see they still have my CC charged from Feb 5th or 6th.

Never again with these assholes.
That blows! Grabbing it in transit is a serious dirt bag move. Larry warned us they were dodgy. I had such a good experience, I thought perhaps they had better management now or something. Looks like I got lucky twice, on the deal, and on them rejecting me the last go around.

jiffer

Sep 14, 2007
I can understand your disappointment, but personally I don't think anyone should be held to a deal they didn't intend to make when it was obviously an honest (and very dumb) mistake. To each his own.

Having said that, I'm just as wary as the rest of you. Some of their deals sound too good to be true. I've had mixed results with my own orders. Shipping was always fast. In one case, they sent me a "refurbished" PC that didn't show any signs of use at all (only 4 hours power on time for the SSD), but it got smashed either in their warehouse or in transit. It was hard to tell because the smashed end of the box was taped over and I don't know who did that. I can't fault them for their customer service. They issued an RMA and a refund right away. The other units I got were not quite as pristine but the SSDs had less than 30 hours power on time. One thing I don't like is the smell. I'm guessing it's scented sanitizer. I'm the type of person who hates so-called "air fresheners". At first I thought it was cigarette smoke but I guess it wasn't.

I've been able to use a variety of promo codes for different orders. If you sign up with an email address, you can use a code for 10 percent off one item on your first order. A follow up email sent me a code for 5 percent off my next purchase. They also had a code for 10 percent off for the July 4th weekend. Even without the discounts the deals are pretty good. I woudln't let a grudge stop me from getting another good deal. :)

Alforowl

Jul 14, 2021
Do you guys know if VIPOutlet always sells it for $500 on their website? Recently Amazons price has slowly been going down and the pc is now $719 over there.