Reforming the Filibuster

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
You do realize that roughly 9% of the American public agrees with your assessment. Congress is a broken, dysfunctional institution and the two major problems are the supereasy filibuster and pocket vetos.

Yes this will come around to bite the Dems when they lose their Senate majority, but frankly a lot more of us are concerned with having a functional effective government. I'll choose country over party every time.

This and this.

It doesn't matter who does it. Elections have consequences, and a functional Congress is essential to the health of the nation.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...When Obama took office along with his chief of staff Rahm they pulled a number of partisan gaffes that cost them any credibility with the Republicans and have since done little to change that initial partisan perception...
I was especially disappointed with Mr. Obama forcing the Senate Minority Leader to proclaim his top priority making Barack Obama a one-term president even before his inauguration. The president really torpedoed any bipartisanship with that move.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
When have I said the GOP isn't being obstructionist? They're doing what they're doing for the good of the country, its their job and it's within the rules of the Senate.

I don't usually respond to you because you're a nasty little troll and don't usually deserve a response.

Gee, didn't you say this:
Bullshit, they have no problem at all passing sensible laws or reasonable appointments, the Republicans are trying to stop bad laws from being passed and extremists from being appointed. If the Democrats try to change the rules midstream they're going to get the Government lock-down they deserve.

Now I realize the rest of us that are in reality know it isn't true, but for you to claim something like this with no PROOF, when you have a known history of blindly trolling for the GOP, doesn't make you look good.

I showed plenty of graphs and FACTS that showed how bad the GOP is, in not doing anything, which you promptly ignored, because you know I'm right, and you don't have any proof for your claims.

And as usual for you, you resort to name calling because that is all you can do. LOL at you:

stinkprogress and commiejones are links I can really believe in!

Yes, that is the best you can do to rebut the facts I posted? Really? A one line troll post?

Try maybe coming up with proof that these judges and other appointee's are incompetent? OR at least some logical reason, other then blind partisan hatred for refusing to confirm so many people.

And while you are at it, explain why the GOP won't confirm one of their own, that the GOP supports, just because of their "say no to everything policy". It was one of the links I posted and you ignored.

But you won't, because the fact is you can't, since you have no facts on your side, just your willful ignorance and partisan trolling.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Graphs and facts are based on the information provided for input.

Remember one man's treasure is another man's junk.

Dems will dismiss GOP ideas because they are not up to their standards.
GOP will do the same to the Dems.

Each thinks that they are right.

There is no real neutral standard to measure; it is all subjective.
Everyone has a different ruler