Reduce size of sig and get length exceeded message!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
My sig isn't so big (see it?). I decided to delete my blurb and just have the link to my two rigs, OK? I do it (half a dozen times) and get an error every time: Exceeds permissible length, to paraphrase. What's up with that?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Muse
My sig isn't so big (see it?). I decided to delete my blurb and just have the link to my two rigs, OK? I do it (half a dozen times) and get an error every time: Exceeds permissible length, to paraphrase. What's up with that?

I don't even have to change my sig to do this. I am set at GMT, Eastern time I guess. Well, I went to change it to Pacific Time (that's where I am). No other changes, and I get the exceeded length on Signature message. Bug.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
You can't change your profile right now because your sig already exceeds 255 characters. Try removing your sig all together.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: JasonClark
Giant bug? <grin>
Yeah really! This isn't a big bug, someone getting access to your profile or one of the mods profiles and being able to post as you or them would be a big bug.

maxcom

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Muse

same problem with mine

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
it happened to me as well over the upgrade. basically it changed the BBCode into HTML. The HTML added the "<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href=" and so on.

All you have to do it scrap your signature, and start from new with BBCode and it'll work fine.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
it happened to me as well over the upgrade. basically it changed the BBCode into HTML. The HTML added the "<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href=" and so on.

All you have to do it scrap your signature, and start from new with BBCode and it'll work fine.

What is BBCode? Is it something proprietary to Anandtech or Fusetalk? I really don't want anything in my sig right now except the links to my two rigs. Even that bombs right now. I suppose I could do it but I'm afraid that if I delete my current sig and try to set it up, it won't work. Looked in the FAQs for how you put link to your rigs in sig and didn't find anything, so I figured "screw it."

Edit: OK, I guess BBCode, at least for this stuff, is the autogenerated stuff like [the letter L=text]http://http etc. etc.[/the letter L]

I inserted that instead, took a chance and updated the profile and it worked. :p Thanks!