Redness and dry flaky skin beside nose.

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
I'll take a picture if need be. I just started getting it like a month ago. In the morning an area beside my nose will be dry and flaky(probably cause it gets dry) right beside my nose like 1/2 inch below my eye, on both sides of my nose. After i shower it turns to just a red blemish(cause i wash off the flakes) and ill just have this red blemish all day. I cant figure out what it is. I was thinking rosacea, but some days its pretty mild. Actually for 4 days or so it disappeared. Some days towards the end of the day it seems to be going away. Help dudes!

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
yes i do and it helps with the flakes but it just makes it more oily and more apparent, it does soothe it though.

Ophir

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2001
It's probably seborrheic dermatitis. I get it sometimes around my nose (flaking, redness) when I don't wash my face 2X a day, like when I go camping. If I get a flare up, I use a hydrocortisone lotion (from Walmart) and a little head and shoulders as face wash.

From what I've read, it's actually the opposite of dry skin. It happens when the skin is too oily and either the skin has an allergic reaction to the oils or a fungus that feed on the oils gets out of control. Looks like science isn't too sure which.

More info here: Text

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
i have the same problem..its just dry skin...just apply some good skin healing cream for couple of weeks and then regular cream. I have noticed that it (dry flaky skin) comes back near my nose also when I stop applying any moisturizing cream for a few days. I guess we just have to live with it :(

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
It's probably faccitial torroditis. Just take 2.4mg of di-3-cyclotrihexane dibromine and some 4,5-cyclohexene trifluoride hyrdroxide. If that does not work, go see a doctor and get a prescription for 2,4,6-trihydroxypurine.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Could be a lot of things. Any similar spots anywhere else on your head (or the rest of your body for that matter)?

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SludgeFactory
Could be a lot of things. Any similar spots anywhere else on your head (or the rest of your body for that matter)?

nope nothing else on the rest of my body.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Are you dehydrated? Im going to guess you rarely drink plain old water. I had the same issue rise out of the blue, then it just went away when I started drinking lots of water.