Reddit and App ban- how to fix?

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
My iphone appears to have been banned from using Reddit. The same goes for 2 social networking apps.
How can this be solved? I bought a new phone, created new accounts, but somehow refused.
New App Store account (if so, how?)? Avoid using my wifi?
thanks

Jimminy

May 19, 2020
My iphone appears to have been banned from using Reddit. The same goes for 2 social networking apps.
How can this be solved? I bought a new phone, created new accounts, but somehow refused.
New App Store account (if so, how?)? Avoid using my wifi?
thanks

Did you try with an android phone?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Does it work if you just go to the site on a computer? Seems odd they would just ban your phone if they want to ban you. I didn't realize that was even a thing.

I personally avoid apps like that myself, just use a browser on PC.

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Does it work if you just go to the site on a computer? Seems odd they would just ban your phone if they want to ban you. I didn't realize that was even a thing.

I personally avoid apps like that myself, just use a browser on PC.
When I tried it on my PC, it automatically logged into an older account and was instantly banned.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Are you using the app, or the browser version of them? It seems highly unlikely that the phone itself is banned considering that information should not be a part of the communication between your device and the website. It most likely is something related to your accounts on those social media sites. What kind of message are you receiving? Can you share screenshots?

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Are you using the app, or the browser version of them? It seems highly unlikely that the phone itself is banned considering that information should not be a part of the communication between your device and the website. It most likely is something related to your accounts on those social media sites. What kind of message are you receiving? Can you share screenshots?
I’ve been told and read elsewhere that perhaps via the apps they get your phone’s hardware ID info (IME etc, sorry can’t remember the jargon) , as well as App Store ID, etc.
so even though I had a new phone, and attempted opened fresh accounts, I got a “lifetime device banned” notice.
The question is how far do I go to refresh? New App Store account and new phone (won’t this delete all my phone numbers and contacts in other apps)? New phone number? New wifi ISP?
one mistake and it’s all for nothing….

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
If you're using a phone, change your network. Easiest was to do that is disconnect from your home wireless and use your cellular network instead. It is probably an IP ban.