Redactors Does An Analysis Of Politifacts.com

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Please stop trying to fool right-wingers. They're far too skilled in science and math to fail to recognize that 54% is actually a liberal-biased 66 2/3% in disguise.

Another who's too fucking stupid to understand what I was saying, your Progressive ideology fits you perfectly.

Oh, God! The persecution!

More projection.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Another who's too fucking stupid to understand what I was saying, your Progressive ideology fits you perfectly.
We understand exactly what you wrote: that Politifact chooses vastly more Republican statements to analyze, and that accounts for the huge percentage of "false" and "pants on fire" attributed to Republican politicians.

Except that only 54% of the statements were by Republicans, yet were responsible for 76% of the "false" and "pants on fire" evaluations. If you do the math, that means that Republican statements were 2.7 times (= (.76/.54)/(.24/.46)) as likely to be "false" or "pants on fire" as Democratic statements.

Please try really, really hard to come up with another laughable excuse as to why Republican politicians lie so much more frequently than Democrats.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
The fact there are what 16 GOP candidates out there spewing crap non stop atm would really skew the fact checking a lot to begin with.

That is a lot of BS to sift through, I would think.

Is a quantity over quality problem atm.

Some times some people are better just keeping their mouth shut, they know better.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
The fact there are what 16 GOP candidates out there spewing crap non stop atm would really skew the fact checking a lot to begin with.

That is a lot of BS to sift through, I would think.

Is a quantity over quality problem atm.

Some times some people are better just keeping their mouth shut, they know better.
Except that the statistics are from the past two years of statements, not just statements made in the last few months.

Last edited: