Red Wings get Robert Lang

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Detroit has acquired centre Robert Lang from the Washington Capitals for Tomas Fleischmann, a first round pick in 2004 and a fourth round pick in 2006.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: BornStar18
Is this name supposed to be familiar to me? A first round pick canNOT be bad.

Robert Lang is the leading scorer in the NHL at the moment.

Cheers,
Aquaman

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Originally posted by: BornStar18
Is this name supposed to be familiar to me? A first round pick canNOT be bad.

Robert Lang is the leading scorer in the NHL at the moment.

Cheers,
Aquaman
OH! Well, that's embarassing. It's difficult to keep up with hockey in the middle of Indiana. A lot of people here have never even heard of it.

ThaPerculator

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
Cha-Ching! Hope he starts playing asap. That, and Hatcher coming back shortly will make the wings the team to beat...

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
I don't want to talk about it. <weeping softly>

i hate being a Caps fan the last few years...

:brokenheart:

ThaPerculator

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
Btw, the Wings STOLE him!!!

Agreed... The wings will obviously rank low in the draft ofder for 2004, so it's not a big deal if they lose a couple draft choices, seeing as their current young talent has already got some decent experience this year. Not to mention the crop of young guys that are going to be great players that they already have (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fischer). Washington makes out pretty decent in this, because after they clear house it will probably be them and the Rangers competing for all the first-round goodies to try to rebuild the team from scratch.

I just wonder who they will sit to play Lang, and what pairings he'll be with. I think Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Lang would be overkill... maybe a Lang/Shanahan/Hull line? Definately don't want to mess up the Draper/Maltby combinations that are working...

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: ThaPerculator
Btw, the Wings STOLE him!!!

Agreed... The wings will obviously rank low in the draft ofder for 2004, so it's not a big deal if they lose a couple draft choices, seeing as their current young talent has already got some decent experience this year. Not to mention the crop of young guys that are going to be great players that they already have (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fischer). Washington makes out pretty decent in this, because after they clear house it will probably be them and the Rangers competing for all the first-round goodies to try to rebuild the team from scratch.

I just wonder who they will sit to play Lang, and what pairings he'll be with. I think Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Lang would be overkill... maybe a Lang/Shanahan/Hull line? Definately don't want to mess up the Draper/Maltby combinations that are working...

Zetterberg will go back on the wing and Lang will probably play with Shanny.

N0pers0nality

Feb 16, 2001
Just the wings luck. Get the leading scorer and then have him get hurt. Oh well I really don't care as long as he is healthy for the playoffs

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: N0pers0nality
Just the wings luck. Get the leading scorer and then have him get hurt. Oh well I really don't care as long as he is healthy for the playoffs

way to bump old threads ya putz

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Rudee
Originally posted by: N0pers0nality

way to bump old threads ya putz
And had he started a new thread about Robert Lang, then the repost nazis would've been out in force.

Can't please everyone all of the time.